GasBandit

Staff member
It used to be "Do x with this one weird trick" now the clickbait headline formula seems to be "You need to do x ASAP, " probably growing out of the tendency of games, shows, and movies aging out of streaming services.

Anyway I'm so damn sick of headlines telling me I need to do something ASAP.

Dave

Staff member
There's a mobile game I play that is basically an idle game. You know the kind, when you're not on it keeps accruing points or money or whatever the imaginary currency is. Well, this one every couple of days has an "adventure" which is a side game like the first one but only lasts a few days and has "goals" that you meet that give points. The more points you get the higher on the leaderboards you are. At the end, you get stuff based on your placement. Pretty typical stuff. But every once in a while they will throw in a 4 or 5 day contest with a theme - Christmas, Halloween, etc. - that has a decent prize that you can use the rest of the year.

I found out that if on the leaderboards you place 11th-19th the main prize is 3 three-hour time warps. 1st-5th gives special items that aren't that great. 6th-10th gives a single one-day time warp. I've been intentionally getting the 11th-19th place rewards for a few months now. I have almost 100 three-hour warps and (accidentally) 10 one-day time warps. When the Halloween event started I decided I wanted to win it. Right now I'm in 1st place with 24 hours left. I still have 51 short warps and 4 long warps left and right now my score is 106,125. Second place is 53,580. Every time their score goes up I clear out what I can, warp the shit out of things, and score twice as much as them.

I want my cool Halloween outfit.

Oh you want to go to 60k points while I'm trying to fix my mouse? Enjoy my 120k points, bitch!
Sounds like me..I'm one the top 200 players in the world on The Tower idle tower game. I usually demote myself out of Champions league for tournaments, because I can make more coins/gems in the lower tier than fighting those other 200 players in Champions. Though I'm sure that pisses off the folks in Platinum something fierce.

1666818524984.png

Dave

Staff member
Oh shit! I stopped playing that game. Otherwise we'd be seeing each other in the wild. I've played a few games from that company and was always the top of the leaderboards.

So. Wanna know what a typical Tuesday in Mesa, Arizona, is like?

First things first - in the morning, a woman's "manufactured home" goes up in smoke in such a spectacular fashion, you could see the plume from pretty much anywhere in the East Valley. Especially if you were driving down the US 60 freeway at about 8-8:30 local.

Second, a 16-year old male was "playing" with a gun in the back seat of a car in the parking lot of Superstition Springs Mall when the gun went off - and killed the woman in the front seat. He's been charged with manslaughter.

Third - and this one's a doozy - a father was picking his kids up at Emerson Elementary over on the west side of the city. While he was in the parent pickup line with other cars, he passed out (WITH his kids in the car). The MPD were called, and when they got there, he was trying to climb into the passenger seat. The two young children were in the car when he was reported as having passed out. There was an open container of Twisted Tea on the front seat... and when they did a field sobriety test, he blew a .218, which is more than two and a half times the legal limit. Two charges of aggravated DUI and I don't think he's going to be picking his kids up from school anymore.

So. Wanna know what a typical Tuesday in Mesa, Arizona, is like?

First things first - in the morning, a woman's "manufactured home" goes up in smoke in such a spectacular fashion, you could see the plume from pretty much anywhere in the East Valley. Especially if you were driving down the US 60 freeway at about 8-8:30 local.

Second, a 16-year old male was "playing" with a gun in the back seat of a car in the parking lot of Superstition Springs Mall when the gun went off - and killed the woman in the front seat. He's been charged with manslaughter.

Third - and this one's a doozy - a father was picking his kids up at Emerson Elementary over on the west side of the city. While he was in the parent pickup line with other cars, he passed out (WITH his kids in the car). The MPD were called, and when they got there, he was trying to climb into the passenger seat. The two young children were in the car when he was reported as having passed out. There was an open container of Twisted Tea on the front seat... and when they did a field sobriety test, he blew a .218, which is more than two and a half times the legal limit. Two charges of aggravated DUI and I don't think he's going to be picking his kids up from school anymore.
I actually read about that last one earlier today.

The fact you think "guy picks up kids from school while drunk" is more of a doozy than "teen accidentally shoots and kills a person in public" makes you sound incredibly, incredibly American :p
Two of those could happen almost anywhere in the world. The third would make headlines as a rare terrible tragedy pretty much anywhere but there.

The rabbit that's been using a stump in my front yard as a little home (it even dug itself a little nook to lie in) for months is gone and I am sad. I haven't seen him for a week. He was so human tolerant that he eventually let me rake around him without even getting up and running off.

You'll be missed little buddy.

20221020_123834.jpg

The rabbit that's been using a stump in my front yard as a little home (it even dug itself a little nook to lie in) for months is gone and I am sad. I haven't seen him for a week. He was so human tolerant that he eventually let me rake around him without even getting up and running off.

You'll be missed little buddy.

View attachment 42810
"Gone" like you haven't seen him in a while or "gone" like you tell little children why their pet isn't there anymore?

I just haven't seen him in a week.

I have a weed patch in my backyard that rabbits love too (I live on the outskirts of town so rabbits are fucking everywhere.) I would watch them from my kitchen window and watch them frolic around eating the clover and stuff and some of them would even splay out on their backs in the sun, something I've never seen wild rabbits do. Then my backyard neighbors got two dogs who bark all the time and I haven't seen rabbits there since too.

I fucking miss being a rabbit haven, it was very comforting.

Last edited:
I just haven't seen him in a week. I have no idea what his fate was.

I have a weed patch in my backyard that rabbits love too (I live on the outskirts of town so rabbits are fucking everywhere.) I would watch them from my kitchen window and watch them frolic around eating the clover and stuff and some of them would even splay out on their backs in the sun, something I've never seen wild rabbits do. Then my backyard neighbors got two dogs who bark all the time and I haven't seen rabbits there since too.

I fucking miss being a rabbit haven, it was very comforting.
I’d say you have a chance of them coming back. The dogs are new, and scary to a rabbit, and the rabbits are cautious. Put out some food for them, and help them learn that the dogs can’t get them.

I don't think wild rabbits are going to tolerate two dogs feet from them barking and snarling constantly.

I lowkey hate those mutts because they. Do. Not. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

There's a walking path out of my backyard and the dogs react angrily to every passing bird, person, dog, cat, squirrel, mosquito, black fly, microbe that happens by.

So Twizzlers would be produced in a continous rope and cut to size as needed, normally the single serving lengths. But there is no reason why it couldn't be cut into 100m ropes.

Dave

Staff member
A woman my wife went to high school with murdered her husband. She put a pillow over his face and shot him. She was convicted of first degree assault and sentenced today to 40-50 years. FIRST DEGREE ASSAULT?!? How does this mean anything but first degree murder? They charged her with that but she plead down to assault. How insane is that? If I did that to my wife you damned well bet it would be murder, not assault.

Dave

Staff member
to be fair Dave, and I dont mean this as a joke, even at 40-50 years, given your age, thats life in prison anyways.
People generally serve 50-60% of their sentence, unless they are unruly or cause issues in prison. That means she'll be out in probably 20-25 years. I know that's a lot for a 50 year old, but she's still getting out alive while most men in that position, I think, would have served a lot more.