People generally serve 50-60% of their sentence, unless they are unruly or cause issues in prison. That means she'll be out in probably 20-25 years. I know that's a lot for a 50 year old, but she's still getting out alive while most men in that position, I think, would have served a lot more.
ok, im sorry I guess? I dont have that inside information on the prison system like you.. forget i said anything at all.

Speculation: If there was domestic abuse going on (money problems could be an indicator of that) then such circumstances might have persuaded the prosecutor to lessen the charges while still garnering a win and avoiding a long trial.

A woman my wife went to high school with murdered her husband. She put a pillow over his face and shot him. She was convicted of first degree assault and sentenced today to 40-50 years. FIRST DEGREE ASSAULT?!? How does this mean anything but first degree murder? They charged her with that but she plead down to assault. How insane is that? If I did that to my wife you damned well bet it would be murder, not assault.

Man, this article is really terribly written.

"At a preliminary hearing three years ago, prosecutors alleged in June 2019 at their Papillion home, Valgora put a pillow to Olson's head as he was sleeping and pulled the trigger."

Pulled the trigger of what, the pillow? A gun isn't mentioned at all, not until further down when it's mentioned the victim had a gunshot wound.

Dave

Staff member
ok, im sorry I guess? I dont have that inside information on the prison system like you.. forget i said anything at all.
I don’t either. I googled it.:)

And I’m not upset or anything, just a tad annoyed at the obvious double standard.

I don’t either. I googled it.:)

And I’m not upset or anything, just a tad annoyed at the obvious double standard.
Could just be a Nebraska thing.

The men's room at work smells like spicy ramen. I have no idea why. The only possible reasons I can think of are:

1. The cleaners used some sort of substance that smells like spicy ramen.
2. Someone's expelled waste somehow smells like spicy ramen.
3. Someone was eating spicy ramen in the men's room.

All three of these possibilities raise further questions.

The men's room at work smells like spicy ramen. I have no idea why. The only possible reasons I can think of are:

Would it be possible that someone has a spicy ramen scented cologne and sprayed it in the men’s room?

GasBandit

Staff member

Someone started eating spicy ramen, had an adverse reaction to it, and disposed of it (and possibly regurgitated it) in the Men's Room, maybe.

Dave

Staff member
Our plant is down right now. Water break elsewhere on site. But that water got into our electrical systems. Not a very good mix. In short (HA!), our department is going to be down anywhere from 2 days to a week. So now that I’m on nights we are reading, watching football, and just shooting the shit. We’ve been told by management that we are NOT to leave the control room as it’s too dark and therefore dangerous.