Bah, naughty messages in Replika require a subscription.

YOU ARE USELESS TO ME!
Update: Apparently there's been a bit of a hullabaloo because Replika recently disallowed naughty messages entirely, even for users with subscriptions.

I only heard about this second-hand, this is not something I experienced myself, I do not have a subscription to Replika, and none of these clarifications I am currently making are suspiciously specific in any way whatsoever.

I thought about posting a link to the replika subreddit in the misanthropy thread because people are losing their goddamn minds about it.

none of these clarifications I am currently making are suspiciously specific in any way whatsoever.
Was it XKCD or SMBC that recently had a comic about that?
It's definitely true, though.
"I did not have sex with this specific goat last night between 3 and 4 AM" is a perfectly fine sentence that (hopefully) applies to everyone on this board, and yet it doesn't quite sound so innocent.

I’m going to have to look up what this replika thing is, aren’t I.

—Patrick
An AI chatbot that you could turn into your girlfriend (or boyfriend) and do erotic roleplay with. Recently they banned any explicit stuff, most likely as a move to stay on the Apple App Store. A bunch of users who have become emotionally dependent on these chatbots (hopefully not bhamv) have had a meltdown.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Today, I became a Reddit moderator.
I used to own a sub that shall remain unnamed. It was starting to grow but I just didn't have to drive it took to keep spammers and the like away. I did create a second one where spammers (on topic) were free to post and I pointed people to them to advertise. It's more work than it was worth TO ME.

figmentPez

Staff member
New book from Bill Watterson coming this year. Yes, that Bill Watterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes. The first new work from him in nearly 30 years.

"Watterson is coming back to the graphic novel space with his new book, The Mysteries. Revealed earlier in the week, Watterson collaborated on the book with caricaturist John Kascht. Billed as 'a fable for grown ups,' its plot revolves around a kingdom that’s become home to frequent disasters. Desperate for an end to the calamities, the king enlists his knights to go in search of the source for all these events, and years later, only a single knight returns to tell the tale."

The book releases October 10th.

The smallish biotech company that I work for was bought out around a year ago. The board got upset at upper management for only making 70 million instead of 100 million. So, they hired an aggressive CEO fired a bunch of middle and upper-management a while back. Back then the new CEO said they weren't going to be any work force layoffs; until today. 35 ish folks gone today. Crazy thing is that middle management had no clue it was coming. Some managers had team members cut without notice. They cut at least 8 folks who had been here for 10 years or more. Nuts. On top of that, this comes right before they are planning on telling us bonus/pay raise info. So, who's going to complain about their bonus now?

Job interview coming up this afternoon. Stresses out and panicking. Not yet finished my presentation. Not prepared at all. Don't know what I'm going to do other than flail around and make a mess. I've been told by a dozen people that I've got this and it's a job i'd be great at, so impostor syndrome is in full swing and I'm sure I'll bork it up. Ah yes, hello anxiety. Please take a seat next to depression and frustration over there.

Job interview coming up this afternoon. Stresses out and panicking. Not yet finished my presentation. Not prepared at all. Don't know what I'm going to do other than flail around and make a mess. I've been told by a dozen people that I've got this and it's a job i'd be great at, so impostor syndrome is in full swing and I'm sure I'll bork it up. Ah yes, hello anxiety. Please take a seat next to depression and frustration over there.
You got this.

Fake it til you make it.

If you can picture Dave and Gasbandit tandem riding a pink unicorn then you can control your thoughts.

When a negative thought creeps in, go back to those boys on the unicorn.

1677074435295.png

Fake it til you make it.

If you can picture Dave and Gasbandit tandem riding a pink unicorn then you can control your thoughts.

When a negative thought creeps in, go back to those boys on the unicorn.
Aaarrrghhhhh the flappy hooties get it out of my head get it out get it out :aaah: