UGH-why does it seem candy canes are packed so you can break them easily? IS THIS WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE WANTED FOR HIS SEMI-RELIGIOUS CANDY?
I had this same problem with candy sticks (basically candy canes without the crook) until I started buying them in bulk boxes. Now I get much fewer breaks.

So, I have a female friend who's being courted by a male acquaintance of hers. She's on the fence about this guy, thinks he's a good guy but isn't quite ready to take the plunge yet. She's also a big fan of Sherlock, and she told me how the guy's been asking if she wants to go see the new Sherlock movie with him.

Yesterday she posted a Facebook status about how much she enjoyed the Sherlock movie. There were also photos. So I went into Sherlock mode and sent her a series of messages.

"Your Facebook photos include one with you standing next to a Sherlock poster. You're in the photo, but it's not a selfie, ergo you were there with someone."

"You're wearing a sweatshirt with the Cambridge University logo on it; you first met this guy at Cambridge, therefore Cambridge has a special significance for the two of you."

"In one of the photos, you're holding a shopping bag with what appears to be small stuffed bear in it, the ribbon around the shopping bag's handle would appear to indicate it's a gift."

"So, you're at the movies with someone, someone who gave you a stuffed animal as a gift, and it just so happens there's a special someone who's been asking you to the movies, and who you met at Cambridge. You're at the movies with him, aren't you?"

And then after I sent the messages, I noticed she'd tagged her sister in the Facebook status. There was also another photo (near the end of her uploads, so I didn't see it initially) of her buying the stuffed bear, from a shop that apparently had ribbons on their bags as part of the design.

I'm bad at Sherlocking.

Last edited:
"Battousai the Manslayer is a terrible name I'd like to leave behind" "Okay what's your real name then?" "Oh, it's Sword-Death" "Neat".
Holy crap its been a long time since I've heard that name, it took me a MINUTE to remember what you typed about. Also I'm drunk, and its 1:36 AM, so also factors.

On the topic, that line felt like a "Hark! A Vagrant!" set-up.

Last edited:
So I was eating a sausage yesterday evening;, sliced it open, and there was hair on the inside.

Admittedly, it was a beef sausage, and it was probably just a hair of my girlfriend's that got in there during cooking, but I'm still going to blame @GasBandit.

GasBandit

Staff member
When I came into work this morning, everybody was parked out in the field by the tower. Surprise! Guess we are getting the parking lot repaved. Well, ok then. Another "Curb appeal" improvement from ownership. Well, that's not entirely fair, we really kinda have needed to get the parking lot repaved for a while now.