I have a female colleague who's gotten progressively hotter over the last six months or so. She was already quite pretty beforehand, but nowadays she's practically a supermodel. I think it's a combination of changing her clothing style, using more makeup, and just generally having more self confidence. Like, if I had to give an analogy, imagine Zendaya as MJ gradually transforming into Zendaya as Zendaya.

I will be looking for the notification of her departure with great interest.
Now I have this imagined story of all of your hot ex-coworkers leaving to join the same department in another company, and you on a grand quest to find this fabled office.

Dave

Staff member
Took a quiz on the New York Times web page. You need an account but it's free. I signed up with my Facebook because I just didn't care.

It asks you a bunch of questions and then tells you essentially where you are from. Very accurate result. It told me Lincoln, NE, Wichita, KS, and Denver, CO. Lincoln is pretty much the same as Omaha, I lived in Wichita, and I've visited Colorado Springs a lot for relatives.

I'd say it's pretty accurate.

GasBandit

Staff member
Took a quiz on the New York Times web page. You need an account but it's free. I signed up with my Facebook because I just didn't care.

It asks you a bunch of questions and then tells you essentially where you are from. Very accurate result. It told me Lincoln, NE, Wichita, KS, and Denver, CO. Lincoln is pretty much the same as Omaha, I lived in Wichita, and I've visited Colorado Springs a lot for relatives.

Wow. Really accurate.

1590700099286.png

I've lived most of my life in Texas/New Mexico/Colorado, but I did have a stint from age 4 through grade 5 in the DC area (that tiny little red area between Maryland and Virginia).

Wasn't til I graduated high school and started living and working further away from home that I really realized how unique this term is.
1590700941781.png

That said, these things never really know what to do with me. My language, even as a kid, was influenced as much by what I read as by who I talked to.
1590701076054.png

Fucking with it as a non-American

download.png

Also "What do you call a drive-through liquor store?" How about an absolutely terrible idea. I mean seriously, :Leyla:

GasBandit

Staff member
My favorite ones are the ones with front-and-back garage doors so you drive in one end, pop the trunk, they load you up, and you drive out the other end.

I disagree, but only because buying sealed containers from your car window is no worse than going inside to buy them really.
There is that. And as a teetotal non-driver I'm maybe not the best person to be casting judgement on such an establishment :p, but my initial reaction to reading that question was "That's a thing? WTF?"

Not just liquor bottles. I know Texas and Louisiana also have drive-through daquiris :D

1590703810059.png

Texas has an open container law. So most of these kinds of places seal up the drinks in some way. Eskimo Hut seals them in a heat-sealed bag. Some places put a sealed lid kind of like bubble tea.

Last edited:
My picking up on the term "mischief night" from an episode of Rocket Power doomed me to New Jersey.
You should be so lucky! :p

I swear I took this exact quiz a while back when it was posted in one of the forums, and yeah, it was pretty accurate to where I've spent my life. Now, if they want to get reeeeeally specific, they should ask "Do you call it Taylor's Ham or pork roll?"

(The answer is you call it "fucking delicious".)

You know, it's a bit of a weird feeling to find out that some of the hot female Youtubers I watch have Onlyfans accounts. It's like, I'm not actually going to pay money to see salacious images of them, but it's slightly doing my head in to know that I could.

While I was sleeping... next door neighbor was removed on a mental hygiene call. Hope he gets the help he needs. And stays on his meds this time.

You know, it's a bit of a weird feeling to find out that some of the hot female Youtubers I watch have Onlyfans accounts. It's like, I'm not actually going to pay money to see salacious images of them, but it's slightly doing my head in to know that I could.
I'm not hot, female or a YouTuber but if you're not going to pay money to not see salacious images of someone, then you can not pay that money to me.

I'd say this is pretty accurate. I am clearly a Florida man, but much of my dad's family comes from New England, which influences a lot in how I talk

I just offered my kids $10 an hour to do the most annoying yard work we have because I really don't want to do it. My husband thinks this is a great deal if it means he doesn't have to do it either. We'll see how long my kids actually last. (It is hot as balls outside, and Colorado humid right now, so I think they won't last long today,)

To teenagers, making them do work, paid or not, is considered child abuse.

I figure that yard work is the only reason to keep teenagers.

EARLIER

Me: I'll put my bike in front of yours since my stop is before you!

Schmuck: Okay, cool.

Me:(I'll just now logically lock my bike in front of the other two to keep them fastened!)

LATER

Schmuck:...you know you REALLY shouldn't lock your bike against others without asking them!

Me, the person next to me, the person next to her, and at least one other person on the train: I WAS GETTING OFF BEFORE YOU AND IT WAS TO KEEP THE BIKES FASTENED!

Its ALSO worth noting that while he gave me the third degree, his friend's bike fell over. Just...what are people? What ARE they?!

I'm not sure what is most depressing.

1) This is a picture of a UK beach at the weekend
101564646_2881253881924373_4553762504630599680_o.jpg

2) Apparently there's a "sport" called tombstoning which involves jumping from the 70ft high rock arch on the left there into the sea.

3) Despite that it was heavily publicised that 3 people were seriously hurt & hospitalized - 2 needing to be airlifted to the major trauma centre - on Saturday, people were still trying to jump from the arch on Sunday. Because I guess you don't need to worry about coronavirus if you kill yourself jumping off what is effectively a cliff into the sea. Dumbasses.