Because of the requirements of one of our translation cases, today I had to go to our local notary public's office just down the street. This was only my second time visiting that particular notary's office. The previous, and only, time I'd been there was at least six months ago. But today when I went in, the notary who'd handled my previous case, and who happened to be a young and very attractive woman, came up to me and said, "Hey, you're back, how can I help you today?" I was very impressed that she remembered me after so long, especially since the last time I was there I stayed for no longer than five minutes. Plus I was wearing a mask today.

And then when I was leaving, she took special care to smile at me and wave bye to me.

And now our experiment begins: does my special power work with other companies' employees? I'll report back the next time I need something notarized.

And thus began Bhamv's quest to transform his company into the world's foremost translating firm for notarized translations of legal documents.

Man, William Shatner vs RLM's fans is a fucking weird thing.

He had one Twitter interaction with RLM themselves and now he's written a fucking 5000 word essay about how toxic they are and how they're out to harass him. They made a video begging people to just leave him alone in response to it all.

People are fucking strange.

Man, William Shatner vs RLM's fans is a fucking weird thing.

He had one Twitter interaction with RLM themselves and now he's written a fucking 5000 word essay about how toxic they are and how they're out to harass him. They made a video begging people to just leave him alone in response to it all.

People are fucking strange.
How Shatner thinks he can solve all his problems:

(Ironic he tries to claim someone else is toxic.)

But side note, I have only vaguely heard of RLM, soooooo... I kinda need it explained to me what kind of interaction they'd be having with him?

1595956341941.png

1595956354157.png

This is the entirety of the interaction he had with them.

Apparently he and their fans have been doing a back and forth for many many months.

They made this video explaining how little they had to do with it and asking their fans to stop which is pretty funny.

William Shatner saw one clip apparently and had to write this screed about toxicity and shit. The whole thing is fucking bizarre.

Attachments

Second Meatloaf-related musing of the day:

Why do people ask what "that" is that he wouldn't do for love? In the song it's very explicitly that he won't cheat for (someone else's) love.

Why do people ask what "that" is that he wouldn't do for love? In the song it's very explicitly that he won't cheat for (someone else's) love.
Thank you. This was obvious to 13-year-old me the first time I heard the song. The best I can figure is most people listen to the radio edit, and not the full song, which cuts out some of the woman's lyrics that explicitly drive home this point.

figmentPez

Staff member

Because they don't remember most of the song, and don't want to bother with listening again to figure it out.