Dave

Staff member
Actually, the database version updated overnight & turns out it was incompatible with our version of PHP. So I had to do a LOT of digging to figure it out & then only a couple seconds to update PHP versions.

I don't. I only open it to stream. I had notification on my phone for it at one point, but it got turned off due to massive amounts of weeb stuff.
We moved the weeb stuff (which was mostly DarkAudit) to a new channel, you can just mute that one now. :p

Police constables in Toronto seized two metric tonnes of illegally grown marijuana, three kangaroos and two zebras over the weekend in a daring daytime raid.

Dave

Staff member
Nor Messenger or Facebook.
I spent all day today without this place, and it has not been mentally healthy trying to get through the Election day results on my own.
I also ignored the world yesterday for the most part. I also went to bed early. So yeah, it was the absolute wrong time for the site to go dark as I wasn't looking at NOTHING!

I also ignored the world yesterday for the most part. I also went to bed early. So yeah, it was the absolute wrong time for the site to go dark as I wasn't looking at NOTHING!
Same. Except while I went to bed early, I didn't actually sleep. I'm finally coming down from all that stress, and the two cups of coffee aren't helping at all right now....zzzzzzzzz.....

I have a 3-D printer now. I am an accomplished software developer. I have some minor experience in IOT hardware and software and believe I could learn what I don't know quickly. I feel like I have the potential to do something amazing.

I have no ideas.

I mean, I'm eventually going to build a talking, fortune telling, smart assed skull, but nothing beyond toys. I feel like I should be able to make something...I don't know. Useful?

can it be that I thought I had a different eye color for years?

That don't really look like brown.

And yes, I never paid much attention to this. I was bored.

IMG_20201030_191904821~2.jpg

Dave

Staff member
I have a 3-D printer now. I am an accomplished software developer. I have some minor experience in IOT hardware and software and believe I could learn what I don't know quickly. I feel like I have the potential to do something amazing.

I have no ideas.

I mean, I'm eventually going to build a talking, fortune telling, smart assed skull, but nothing beyond toys. I feel like I should be able to make something...I don't know. Useful?
I would have so many D&D figurines.

I would have so many D&D figurines.
This is what I'm trying so hard to avoid. I keep looking for useful bits, and it devolves into "But I'll download this deathclaw obviously. And that lich skull. And..." on and on. I don't need trinkets. I did customize and print a desk hook for my XBox controller, and a Switch game case as a birthday present for someone my son knows, but that's about all that's useful so far,

Also, so random: Cupcake is mauling me today! Laying across my keyboard and mauling me while I work. Like so cute, but making stuff difficult.

I have a resin printer, and a lot of my printing has been failure to add a support bar somewhere and the whole print being ruined. :oops:

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, so I imagine most of us know that calculators can be used to spell a few words, with 80085 being one of the more noteworthy examples. Also, flip 3507 upside down and you LOSE.

What I'm wondering about today is: Do other languages get to have fun with calculators, too? Spanish? French? Japanese? Hindi? Please tell me that English speakers aren't the only ones who get to make jokes with our calculators.