• Full protect: These fantastic velvet slipcovers are unique and plump, but the cover and lie in the couch, create a smooth, sweet chocolate dreaming taste. Cover stains and imperfections from everyday living. Avoid the costly investment of new furniture.

Online description of a couch cover on wayfair....

GasBandit

Staff member
How I know your building has bad electrical wiring - an AV perspective, and joke in one act:

1623160385142.png

Explanation - this is a DSP file from a client whose system we are replacing. Their system has an input for a sound mixer. That input has had a filter put on it specifically to block sound frequencies of 60 hz. Which is the frequency of the hum that poorly grounded electric wiring makes in audio equipment (it sounds like this)

GasBandit

Staff member
How long until they complain about the thin bass response?

--Patrick
I'm surprised they haven't already. But I'm ripping this analog system out and replacing it with digital (dante) endpoints, so this filter shouldn't be necessary anymore.

An unrelated note, because I'm listening to something while I work - Trance DJ "Robert B" of Neonlick Sessions... his voice drives me up the wall. He sounds like Bullwinkle trying to mockingly affect a dutch accent with a cleft palate.

I was clearing out an old 'work stuff' folder in Thunderbird. I had stuff in there back to 2003.

I ran across something from ol' @Dave here from Dec. 2009, where evidently I agreed to help him look at something in a database.

I sure hope I finished it and sent it back. I totally don't remember it at all ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
I like the Dante based system that I get to play with every couple of weeks.
TBH, even Dante is starting to lose to AES67, now that pretty much everything supports it. Dante's own fault for simultaneously charging outrageous licensing fees and yet making all their hardware AES67 compatible.

Half-Random Crap, half-Whine.

I just had an idea for a hook of a new Armadillo Mystery story. Not the full mystery or story. Just like the opening page or two of a comic. Like, even panel-for-panel description.

I just wish I had the confidence to do more with it.

TBH, even Dante is starting to lose to AES67, now that pretty much everything supports it. Dante's own fault for simultaneously charging outrageous licensing fees and yet making all their hardware AES67 compatible.
Yeah, we’ve talked about that, but we can’t afford to change from where we are right now.

Half-Random Crap, half-Whine.

I just had an idea for a hook of a new Armadillo Mystery story. Not the full mystery or story. Just like the opening page or two of a comic. Like, even panel-for-panel description.

I just wish I had the confidence to do more with it.
Update: Well shit, I just wrote a very rough draft for a comic script. A 2-page teaser, if you will. If you're curious to read it, I can send a link to the Google Doc.

Dave

Staff member
Since I started on my diet I've had the same food schedule. 7 am (or as close to it as possible) I have a bowl of oatmeal. Apples & cinnamon. At 11 I have lunch - whatever I damned well please. At 3 pm I have a snack, which always changes. Been that way since October of last year. 8 months of every morning having the same breakfast. I must say there are days it's tiresome. So this morning I changed it up.

Apples & cinnamon but this time I added raisins.

I'm a fucking wild man. Live on the edge, says I.