Having been Karened myself, I had to apologize for going Karen on pharmacy staff. To be fair, they did kinda screw up, but I was a bit grouchier than necessary.
I've done that...After getting the run-around in customer-service hell, I ended up snapping at one poor representative. I immediately apologized: "I'm sorry, I don't mean to take it out on you. I'm super frustrated, but I know it's not your fault. If you could help me out, I would really really appreciate it."

The facebook "rebranding" made me think of this little bit by Douglas Adams:

The lawyers experimented vainly with various ways of redefining murder, reevaluating it, and in the end even respelling it in the hope that no one would notice.

An armed mugging occurred on the front drive of the hotel, just a few feet from the front doors of the lobby.
An Uber pulled up to drop off a passenger. Meanwhile a car pulled up to the sidewalk street-side and three men in masks exited the vehicle and began to walk swiftly to the car.
Just as the passenger entered the lobby (he was literally feet from being part of the hold-up) the men surrounded the car and demanded the valuables of the Uber driver and the remaining passenger in the car via gunpoint. They then ran back to their car and drove off. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Most likely a targeted robbery. The passenger in the car was returning from a club. He is one of those guys that tries to dress as richly as possible: in gold and diamond chains/rings, etc. They ran off with what he estimated to be about $25 in personal jewelry. They even took his $1K pair of sneakers.
Based on camera footage it seems the car was following the Uber. They likely just decided to follow him home from the club.

Don't you have some way to tap into Google's API, but send your request with +5 to :quality?

--Patrick
Believe it or not... yes.

Basically, you can take Google Translate's output, and then use automated computer-aided translation software to fix some of the more egregious issues, such as incorrect/inconsistent terminology, obvious formatting or grammatical mistakes, etc. The output still won't be as good as a proper human translation, but it is possible to take a Google translate and then automatically improve its quality.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend it unless you guys are a professional translation company. For example, without your own translation memories and termbases, you have no way of knowing which terms to look for and change.

I am the worst scheduler lol.

After my husband travelled for two weeks for work, I took the day after thanksgiving off to have a quiet rest day.

Both kids home sick.

I have tomorrow off to rest after a stressful project at work that I finished up and …

Both kids have the day off.

lol!

I would say that the third time is the charm, but it’s already booked to get the kids and I vaccinated.

I’m fresh up out my contract
I put my Momma and my Daddy and my Oma on my plan
It’s gonna take a miracle they say
Fo’ I can call again and talk again but anyway
I just punch some keys and I’m back on my feet

—Patrick

Was browsing Instagram, and the "Live forever, but if this particular snail touches you, you die" meme popped up. Not a single, of hundreds of replies, even mentioned a tungsten ball. Just "Mason jar inside a mason jar" and "drop the mason jar into concrete". I fear for the next generation.

Was browsing Instagram, and the "Live forever, but if this particular snail touches you, you die" meme popped up. Not a single, of hundreds of replies, even mentioned a tungsten ball. Just "Mason jar inside a mason jar" and "drop the mason jar into concrete". I fear for the next generation.
The top comment on reddit mentions a tungsten ball, so there is still hope.

I mean, it's not like it's going to buy you that much more extra time: