I posted back in August about my opinions on gender segregation in crafts (there should be none). Anyway, in that post, I said I used to do crochet.
So, I got the hankering to do it again. Wow, that's a perishable skill. Granted, it's been like 45 years. But I don't remember *anything*. My fingers still know the movements a little, because it didn't take me many videos or too many tries to remember how to do a chain stitch and a single crochet stitch. So I decided to grab a little arumagumi kit.

1634252022758.png

1634252052280.png

I haven't left the apartment on a night off in weeks. Not this time.

I'm bored, so I'm wandering down US 19 and 50 in the direction of Athens, OH. For no reason other than I can and I've got nothing really better to do.

I'm bored, so I'm wandering down US 19 and 50 in the direction of Athens, OH. For no reason other than I can and I've got nothing really better to do.
I remember, before the internet, when I was living alone, I used to just get out and walk around my town for no other reason than boredom.

So I recently realized that I only type with three of the fingers on my right hand. My thumb for the space bar, and my index and middle fingers for everything else. I don't know how long I've been doing this, but I know that I first learned to touch type the "proper" way, using all five fingers. I kinda want to try to re-train myself to go back to my old way of typing, because it's the "right" way to do it, and because I do miss keys sometimes when I only type with my index and middle fingers. On the other hand, the way I'm typing now largely works, despite occasionally making errors (which I can immediately correct), so why try to fix something that's not broken, right? Plus relearning how to type in the orthodox manner again will inevitably cause me to make more typos as I readjust my typing, which can be a bad thing in my line of work as a translation editor.

Not sure what to do now.

I remember, before the internet, when I was living alone, I used to just get out and walk around my town for no other reason than boredom.
And I'm home. It was 130 miles each way of Not Very Much. Not even billboards for most of it. At least this time I had full cell coverage. The last time I made the trip down 50 towards Parkersburg, most of Doddridge and Ritchie Counties were blank.

So I recently realized that I only type with three of the fingers on my right hand. My thumb for the space bar, and my index and middle fingers for everything else. I don't know how long I've been doing this, but I know that I first learned to touch type the "proper" way, using all five fingers. I kinda want to try to re-train myself to go back to my old way of typing, because it's the "right" way to do it, and because I do miss keys sometimes when I only type with my index and middle fingers. On the other hand, the way I'm typing now largely works, despite occasionally making errors (which I can immediately correct), so why try to fix something that's not broken, right? Plus relearning how to type in the orthodox manner again will inevitably cause me to make more typos as I readjust my typing, which can be a bad thing in my line of work as a translation editor.

Not sure what to do now.
Look, if you want to play Typing of the Dead you don't need to justify yourself to us. Just go play it.

Like a river that don’t know where it’s flowin’
I took a wrong turn and I just kept goin’…

Not sure what to do now.
If what you are doing works, don't sweat it.

This is infinitely more destructive than gang tags or whatever kind of graffiti you can think of. Passing off this interchangeable NFT non-art as punk? Fuck ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootimesinfinityff.

You guys know that famous "I studied the blade" meme image?

Does the "blockchain" here refer to blockchain technology? Or is there some sort of weapon that could be referred to as a blockchain, such as a chain whip? I'm wondering cause based on context it seems like the blockchain here is a weapon, ie something that can be mastered. You can't really master blockchain technology, can you? But I'm not sure what weapon it's referring to.

GasBandit

Staff member
You guys know that famous "I studied the blade" meme image?

Does the "blockchain" here refer to blockchain technology? Or is there some sort of weapon that could be referred to as a blockchain, such as a chain whip? I'm wondering cause based on context it seems like the blockchain here is a weapon, ie something that can be mastered. You can't really master blockchain technology, can you? But I'm not sure what weapon it's referring to.
No he definitely means cryptocurrency.

Twas in the middle of a shouting match between a local Wal-mart worker, and the guy who accused him of theft whose a known pathological liar -OH-the joys of free public transit!

Having been Karened myself, I had to apologize for going Karen on pharmacy staff. To be fair, they did kinda screw up, but I was a bit grouchier than necessary.

Having been Karened myself, I had to apologize for going Karen on pharmacy staff. To be fair, they did kinda screw up, but I was a bit grouchier than necessary.
Another Karen that knows better attacking children out of turn you should be fucking ashamed of your god dammed actions.