While those are the correct responses, maybe we should pick that bar off the ground BEFORE you start patting yourself on the back?
Oh I know I'm not doing anything particularly special, it's just... like... I consider myself a B- husband, one that does the bare minimum of being a husband while occasionally (and sometimes accidentally) going above and beyond, and also occasionally (and accidentally) falling short. And then I hear about guys who don't even reach my level, and I'm all like, "How are you guys failing this hard? Getting the basics right shouldn't be difficult."

I don't think its possible for me to watch a whole CinemaSins video without me getting mad half-way through. Or a quarter way through really, they're all so bloated.

I miss 2009 when they were 5 minutes tops, short, fast videos with some funny comments here and there that don't take forever.

Interesting that the Bebop is on there but not something like Macross or White Base from Gundam... or even the Yamato.
Isn’t that a variable fighter between the star destroyer and the Enterprise, with a fighter from Mospeada just below?

Also another one on the right with boosters, below the Farscape(?) ship.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
It would have been nice to include the Yamato though... which WAS one of the ships I had in Empyrion :D had NO hope of adequately crewing it however, but it made for a really nice set piece.

I can't speak for every artist, but as someone who has done large group drawings, and someone else always whines asks, "Why didn't you include [X]?", the honest answer is "I DON'T LIKE IT/I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT, SO I'M NOT INCLUDING IT". Just because it exists, doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it. "But you SHOULD include it!" Well, you *SHOULD* learn how to draw it yourself!

I can't speak for every artist, but as someone who has done large group drawings, and someone else always whines asks, "Why didn't you include [X]?", the honest answer is "I DON'T LIKE IT/I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT, SO I'M NOT INCLUDING IT". Just because it exists, doesn't mean we have to acknowledge it. "But you SHOULD include it!" Well, you *SHOULD* learn how to draw it yourself!
Can you please tell me what in Gods name possessed you to paint this with three Christs in it?!

GasBandit

Staff member
I understand the sentiment, but I don't think this is a single drawing. The squared off nature of the starfields behind the ships leads me to believe it's several drawings stuck together. Not to diminish the work, but it does make it easy to just "oh, yeah, I can stick one more in."

But yeah, maybe he just DGAF about Space Battleship Yamato/StarBlazers.

I was in doubt whether to post this here, or in Politics where it is more useful, or in Tech random, but oh well.
I'm not sure who here may or may not want/need this, but https://12ft.io/ is an easy way to bypass many (most certainly not all) paywalls for news articles. Any page that first loads the article and then hides it, this will show the cached, unspoiled version. I tried it for a bit and it seems to be pretty effective for most news sites I tried (Washington Post, NY Post, Fox).

If you're using Firefox, can also click on the reader view icon to bypass (need to click before any pop-ups load). Works pretty well.