The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

Golden eagles can lift as much as 10 pounds, but not for long. They typically weigh 3 to 8 pounds, and have trouble carrying more than 2-3 times their own weight.

Condors can lift more, but they don't have the talons for it, they'll lift using their mouth. 10 pounds is still a struggle for them.

The eagle in the video doesn't have the wing span, nevermind the muscle strength, to lift a 15-20 pound child off the ground, nevermind carry them ten feet in the air.

So you don't need to worry. All the videos showing them carrying goats and such are fake. They are ok with a rabbit weighing a pound or three, but children are a bit much for them.
Thank you.

Like I said in the AwesomeVidThread, I'm glad to hear it was a hoax. Any time the video gets really jiggly like that, I of course automatically get suspicious that it was probably done to make it easier to hide the seams, so to speak. Thank goodness someone else did the video work, now I can use that free time for something else instead of having "you should smooth that video" nagging at me for the next month.

--Patrick

Like I said in the AwesomeVidThread, I'm glad to hear it was a hoax. Any time the video gets really jiggly like that, I of course automatically get suspicious that it was probably done to make it easier to hide the seams, so to speak. Thank goodness someone else did the video work, now I can use that free time for something else instead of having "you should smooth that video" nagging at me for the next month.

--Patrick
There's a good thread on Reddit about this video that has discussion on how decent CGI mixed with low quality video creates compelling fakes.

Rounding won't be such a huge issue in Canada as we're so much more card based in how we pay for shit. Debit cards/interac is very much the norm here.

What a freaking horrible disappointment that CAN-USA game was.

I am glad that the gold medal game will be between Sweden and the USA. It means I don't have to pick between cheering for the US or Russia in the Gold Medal game. Go Sweden!

Dude... USA BEAT CANADA.

Canada's playing Russia for the Bronze.
Yes. I know. That's why it's disappointing. And why I'm glad that USA will be playing Sweden for Gold. Had Sweden lost to Russia, it'd be USA-Russia for Gold, and I'd have to make a decision on whether I'd rather have Russia win gold *shudder* or USA win gold *shudder*.
But yes, my brain farted as I was originally typing that, and I mixed up two different sentences into one. fixed now.

When I was working at the hotel, a choir competition came to town, filled up most hotels. Almost every single restaurant of any kind was just like that. Random choir groups practicing.