The Tech Random Crap Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
If there's only one "song," sure. Just like celebrity GPS voices.

--Patrick
Almost a year later and I'm STILL using the Christina Aguilera GPS voice. It still makes me cackle when my state-of-the-art EV sounds like a vacuous sophomoric starlet trying to sound like an entry on "I'm 14 and this is deep."

This would be neat for exactly 15 minutes, and then turned off and never used again.
Man, I like the cool beat I get when I brake and accelerate like a complete fucking dipshit. Holy shit, pedal to the metal ruUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!

Fast music already makes me want to drive like an idiot.

God damn it, I just watched the video, he shows directly how cool swerving like a dipshit would sound.

Man, I like the cool beat I get when I brake and accelerate like a complete fucking dipshit. Holy shit, pedal to the metal ruUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!

Fast music already makes me want to drive like an idiot.

God damn it, I just watched the video, he shows directly how cool swerving like a dipshit would sound.
Yeah, that was the other thought I had, things that encourage you to alter the way you drive can be dangerous and lead to accidents

Obstacles are inefficient
Follow your intuition, free your inner soul
And break away from tradition
We burn it 'til it's burned out
Turn it 'til it's turned out
Act up from north, west, east, south
Everybody, everybody, let's get into it
Get stupid

[solar panel article]
I am 100% behind anything that reduces an individual's need to rely on some kind of resource that might be subject to shortages, either natural OR artificial.

--Patrick

Last edited:
No such thing, unless you literally lock all cells except for two, allow only positive integer number input in those two and only output their sum in a third, uncopyable cell.

No such thing, unless you literally lock all cells except for two, allow only positive integer number input in those two and only output their sum in a third, uncopyable cell.
I am so close to getting everything protected so that all they need to do is Press Button 1, Press Button 2 and Press Button 3 and the only order that matters is to press 3 last!!!

figmentPez

Staff member
Apple removed the headphone jack because it was too useful.png

TL;DR Square (the credit card reader company) used the headphone jack as an interface as a workaround to Apple's restrictions, and that's probably part of the reason that Apple killed off the headphone jack.

Has anyone tested whether the readers still work when connected to any of the adapters?
(Goes to Square support page)
Apparently yes for (any) phones that don't come with headphone jacks BUT do work with 1/8in (3.5mm) TRRS adapters.

--Patrick

I'm going to be travelling (and sitting in airports) a lot this weekend and also have a project that is critical. Normally, I don't use public Wifi. What are best practices if I wanted to connect to the internet?

GasBandit

Staff member
When my girlfriend moved in, she brought with her an epson inkjet printer. I chortled as such a contrivance from the times of yore.

But let me tell you, I have had to print out an INORDINATE number of UPS return labels in the last few months.

When my girlfriend moved in, she brought with her an epson inkjet printer. I chortled as such a contrivance from the times of yore.

But let me tell you, I have had to print out an INORDINATE number of UPS return labels in the last few months.
I've recently started doing a bit of ebay selling on the side and for the first bit was just printing off my labels via inkjet but eventually, I grabbed a little shipping label printer and it's been great for that but also the typical this thing didn't fit/wasn't what I was expecting return. It was only like 100 cad and then 500 labels was 25$, granted I had a business use for it but still it's been a life saver a few times already.

GasBandit

Staff member
Auuughhh

1712678817385.png

Senior Request Incoming.
I have 80 pictures of various sizes and aspect ratios.
I need to print them all on 2"x 2" squares(so 15 to a page I guess).
In Excel I can figure out how to resize them all to 2" by 2", but that ruins the aspect ratio. Or I can lock them all to either 2" height or width, but that means some will still be either too wide, or too high, to fit. Plus, I have to manually get them arranged.
I assume I should be able to somehow get them to import into Excel as one picture per cell, and then lock the cell sizes so the images auto-resize to fit in, but I can't figure out how.
Alternatively, if someone has an easier way of doing this, feel free to tell me.
I'm sure I should be able to do this but I'm sick as can be and it's 1 AM and my brainpower is gone.

Senior Request Incoming.
I have 80 pictures of various sizes and aspect ratios.
I need to print them all on 2"x 2" squares(so 15 to a page I guess).
In Excel I can figure out how to resize them all to 2" by 2", but that ruins the aspect ratio. Or I can lock them all to either 2" height or width, but that means some will still be either too wide, or too high, to fit. Plus, I have to manually get them arranged.
I assume I should be able to somehow get them to import into Excel as one picture per cell, and then lock the cell sizes so the images auto-resize to fit in, but I can't figure out how.
Alternatively, if someone has an easier way of doing this, feel free to tell me.
I'm sure I should be able to do this but I'm sick as can be and it's 1 AM and my brainpower is gone.

Does it need to be Excel? It sounds like you need a program that generates contact sheets. I found one mentioned on DPReview called FastStone that might work.