[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
True enough. Maybe they get smaug at the end of this one, and stretch out the battle of 5 armies for the final movie.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm really excited for Monsters University
[DOUBLEPOST=1370991846][/DOUBLEPOST]This is a trailer for Spook Central, a documentary about the movie Ghost Busters. Holy crap, the overanalysis is so ridiculous, I can't stop laughing.

I am going to get a bunch of flak for this, but I didn't like The Hobbit:AUJ - at all. It was just a big mess, IMO. Way too campy. Way too cheesy. Way too drawn out.

It really should have been one 3 hr movie or at the most a 2 parter.

It was the first proper novel (after "Where the Red Fern Grows") that I read. I've read the book multiple times. I've grown to like LoTR better, as an adult, but I had high hopes for The Hobbit.

When I saw it in the theater, the crowd loved it. Everyone was laughing and cheering, and having a good time. I almost wanted to leave and I actually felt sad about that. Weird.

I am going to get a bunch of flak for this, but I didn't like The Hobbit:AUJ - at all. It was just a big mess, IMO. Way too campy. Way too cheesy. Way too drawn out.

It really should have been one 3 hr movie or at the most a 2 parter.

It was the first proper novel (after "Where the Red Fern Grows") that I read. I've read the book multiple times. I've grown to like LoTR better, as an adult, but I had high hopes for The Hobbit.

When I saw it in the theater, the crowd loved it. Everyone was laughing and cheering, and having a good time. I almost wanted to leave and I actually felt sad about that. Weird.
Sometimes the books we love the most will never ever be good enough transferred to another media.

Lego: The Movie

Yes. Really. And it looks awesome.

Finally, a true Hollywood BLOCKbuster! The build up for this will be amazing. Let's hope the odds aren't stacked against it.

GasBandit

Staff member
More like let's hope they don't botch such an easy layup, like they did with the Lego MMO. THAT should have been a no-brainer cash cow. Sad really.

fade

Staff member
Looks like they're going to go into more detail than the book does regarding the routing of the Necromancer from Dol Guldur.

Not sure how you can judge anything based on that trailer. I think I have a better sense of the movie's quality based on the previous ones they did: Tangled and Wreck-it-Ralph.

This is pretty much exactly why I'll never like Watchmen's movie adaptation.
Smart move, me and my brother rented it from a video store eons ago and had to pause the thing at least 30 times to get through it. "Here's an idea, lets get rid of the mystery behind who the villain was and make it extremely obvious!"

So...Lego Movie...I am fucking seeing that. I'm not even that big into Lego, it just looks awesome.

And I really think your being hyper critical of the teaser Quoteizard, it looks like it'll be just a fun silly kids film.

And I really think your being hyper critical of the teaser Quoteizard, it looks like it'll be just a fun silly kids film.
That is my problem. They have their DTV crap for the lowest common denominator kiddy crowd. The stuff they put in theaters tends to be for all ages, at least recently. The existence of the doofy snowman pisses me off all by itself--anyone who's read The Snow Queen knows there are way too many peripheral characters without Disney needing to add more.

That said, Tangled had shitty teasers too and ended up being a good movie that was nothing like previews.

I thought it was a pretty amusing minute and a half short. Odd as a trailer though as it doesn't even hint at what you should be looking forward to this thanksgiving.

That is my problem. They have their DTV crap for the lowest common denominator kiddy crowd. The stuff they put in theaters tends to be for all ages, at least recently. The existence of the doofy snowman pisses me off all by itself--anyone who's read The Snow Queen knows there are way too many peripheral characters without Disney needing to add more.

That said, Tangled had shitty teasers too and ended up being a good movie that was nothing like previews.
Indeed, I thought I would HATE that movie. And while the adding of characters is a valid reason for annoyance, I'd say wait until the full trailer until full rage. Thats just me though.

figmentPez

Staff member
I remember liking the teasers for Tangled.

As for Frozen, I'm heavily reminded of the gargoyles from Hunchback, and I'm worried this snowman will drag down the movie in much the same way.

I thought it was a pretty amusing minute and a half short. Odd as a trailer though as it doesn't even hint at what you should be looking forward to this thanksgiving.
Indeed, it's meant to raise awareness of an upcoming film, and show you how the rest of the film will probably look, nothing more. Could end up being like the first Ice Age trailer, where the trailer featured a character that ended up not being a main character.

I really hope Toho's US partners pick that up for distribution. Toku movies have a habit of not getting fansubs if it doesn't tie into a Toei show, plus I want to purchase it. English subs on the JAP blu-ray ala Ultra Galaxy: Mega Monster Battle - The Movie would be just as good.

figmentPez

Staff member
This is a cute trailer. I have no idea who this movie is from, but The BoxTrolls has a nice art style.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm so excited for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. The trailers are amazing, and I have high hopes that this will turn out as good as the first one.