[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

That shows a better look at the movie, but I still hate that derpy-looking snowman.

Looks to me like this is more of a prequel to the fairy tale.

Japanese trailer, but it looks 10x better than what we got. :)

I'm also stoked about Kristen Belle and Idina Menzel being voice actors in the movie. <3
True story, this is what just happened to me:

"Oooh, Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel are doing voices in this movie? I gotta hear this!"

*clicks on Japanese trailer*

... ... ...

"I don't know what I expected."

North_Ranger

Staff member
Am I a terrible person if I watched that trailer and half the time expected someone to get naked and/or start spouting quasi-philosophical commentary about the state of human nature?

Also, in total agreement about Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2. The trailers look tasty.

Spike Lee's remake of Oldboy now has a trailer:

And you know, this looks pretty good. What will be most interesting is whether or not the big ending stays intact from the original or not. I won't spoil it and honestly, if you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch the movie rather than reading the spoiler somewhere. Believe me, you'll thank me by being legitimately shocked.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have...SHARKNADO!

Which looks like gloriously horrendous.

"The tornado is headed for the airport. We need to destroy it before it gets there."

Words.... cannot express....

Dave

Staff member
Well, now we don't need to see THAT movie. I mean, fuck, EVERYTHING is in it. It has the revelation that Mary Poppins was HER nanny and that she saved her father, that she started out against it and Walt talked her into it. And I'm not marking any of that spoiler because it's already been spoiled by the trailer.

Well, now we don't need to see THAT movie. I mean, fuck, EVERYTHING is in it. It has the revelation that Mary Poppins was HER nanny and that she saved her father, that she started out against it and Walt talked her into it. And I'm not marking any of that spoiler because it's already been spoiled by the trailer.
BUT I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE TRAILER YET AAAAH

Every time I see you in a thread related to a movie, you are bitching about something. Do you realize that?

Not a movie trailer, but the funniest movie poster of all time. I would never sully my eyes, ears or soul with an Asylum movie, but this poster cracks me the fuck up.

It was on SyFy (ugh, I hate that spelling) last night and Twitter was all twitterpated with its awfulness. Will Wheaton did a live-tweeting of it.

Excellent, I shall watch the hell out of it. Honestly, I love the Asylum. They make the kind of bad movies I used to love from the 80s.

What can I say, I'm a Gen-X'er. We pretty much invented loving movies ironically.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hey now, the first was very entertaining in my book, minor flaws and all.
I liked the first a whole lot, it was a ton of fun. I just think that a sequel is likely to end up a caricature of it, that will likely result in something bad. Hopefully enjoyably bad.