[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Anyone else not give three shits about that "Jobs" movie? There is only room for ONE movie talking about the creation of the personal computer and its name is "Pirates of Silicon valley" dammit!

Anyone else not give three shits about that "Jobs" movie? There is only room for ONE movie talking about the creation of the personal computer and its name is "Pirates of Silicon valley" dammit!
Yeah, and early reviews weren't good either. I'd wait until the Steve Jobs movie that Aaron Sorkin is writing gets made.

Indeed, though really I wish they'd make a movie based on Iwoz but I guess a movie about a guy who almost ruins a computer company TWICE might be more dramatic.

I remember watching Unforgiven and being left with a cold feeling. It was very good, definitely made an impact, though it's been a long time. I will definitely watch this remake; I love Ken Watanabe in just about everything I have seen him in.

Still ain't seen the original yet, but I am intrigued.

--Patrick
Can we appreciate how fucking awesome this is?

Decades ago, the samurai film Yojimbo was remade into A Fistful of Dollars starring Clint Eastwood. And now this western directed by Clint Eastwood is being made into a samurai film.

And even without subtitles, I can tell which scenes are which from the original. I love the original, so I'll probably love this.

Statler: I'm confused. Is this a sequel or a prequel?
Waldorf: Well, I know what I'll need.
Statler: What's that?
Waldorf: Nyquil.

DOH-HO HO HO HO HO!

That trailer makes me extremely worried about the quality of the new Muppet movie.

I have a feeling it's going to be bad.

Scooter singing Moves Like Jagger... ugh...

That trailer makes me extremely worried about the quality of the new Muppet movie.

I have a feeling it's going to be bad.

Scooter singing Moves Like Jagger... ugh...
Why? It's meant to be as bad as, say, fart shoes. In fact, it had exact same timing and reactions as the fart shoes line in the trailer for the first movie.

It's Muppets. I have faith.

Why? It's meant to be as bad as, say, fart shoes. In fact, it had exact same timing and reactions as the fart shoes line in the trailer for the first movie.

It's Muppets. I have faith.
The main reason that The Muppets was such a good movie was because it was basically Jason Seigel's love letter to the Muppets. I have a feeling this one is going to be much more studio interfered with.

Bill Murray and Cate Blanchet in a WWII flick? Yes, please. Even though Matt Damon is in this, I will still see it. Why couldn't Clooney find someone, anyone else....
[DOUBLEPOST=1376081750,1376081492][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heh, interesting, especially given the cultural connotation that the term "unforgivable" has in Japan.
Please expound, if you please.

GasBandit

Staff member
"This is unforgivable!" or "I won't forgive you!" is a common stock phrase in Japanese media, as trite and confusingly narmy as it sounds in english. They use it in place of things like "of course you know, this means war" (or a stronger version of "You'll pay for this!") To them, it means playtime is over, the gloves are coming off and the long knives are coming out.

So basically, in the US, "The Unforgiven" just sounds like somebody who did something in the past that is kinda bad so you don't associate with them any more.... but in japan, it would be akin to calling someone a complete, irredeemable monster who deserves death with extreme prejudice, if I infer correctly.

Of course, as I mentioned, it's such a stock phrase that it could also have the opposite effect from raw overuse... like if they called a movie "THIS MEANS WAR" I'd be half inclined to an eyeroll and a groan.

I did not know about this, but here is a link to explain it for anyone else who doesn't understand what Gas is talking about.
in japan, it would be akin to calling someone a complete, irredeemable monster who deserves death with extreme prejudice, if I infer correctly.
I get the impression that saying it is akin to pronouncing final judgement. That since forgiveness is off the table, there remains no other option than to settle it somehow. At that point a price must be paid, even if that means it must be taken by force.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
That's a real movie? Holy shit it looked like a bad kids video game.

Oh Charlie Sheen how far you've fallen.

(But it has Mrs. Butterworth!!!)

Wow. Just...wow. I mean...someone actually paid for this to be made? And thought it'd be good?

That said, the appearance by the California Raisins was pretty funny. I actually listened to them when I was a kid.

You know how they had so many brand name characters in this? Well, its plot has all of the brand name characters as the heroes, while the villains are generic brands. Consider that for a bit.

Dave

Staff member
This is the kind of movie that businesses should actively try NOT to have product placement in.