[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Desolation of Smaug trailer

Wait....

I don't remember Legolas falling in love with someone besides Gimli in any of the books or the appendices I remember. Is that in there somewhere, or have they outright invented more stuff to pad out the movie?

Wait....

I don't remember Legolas falling in love with someone besides Gimli in any of the books or the appendices I remember. Is that in there somewhere, or have they outright invented more stuff to pad out the movie?
They invented it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait....

Gotta gin up a hopeless romance as a bone to throw the Twihards, like Jackson did in Two Towers.

Desolation of Smaug trailer

Never mind the elf romance, the more interesting diversion is Thorin telling Thanduril about his mission and Thanduril (claiming at least) to help. Guess the dwarfs won't just be captured and stuck in cells until Bilbo releases them.

Also, Cumberbatch as Smaug was sweet as expected.

You'd probably say the same thing had you seen the trailer.
Probably, probably. However Bryan Cranston IS in it so I am least a skudge hopeful. However if Hollywood has taught me anything its that having a good actor is not a clear indication of a good quality.

Probably, probably. However Bryan Cranston IS in it so I am least a skudge hopeful. However if Hollywood has taught me anything its that having a good actor is not a clear indication of a good quality.
Bryan Cranston vs Godzilla??? Now thats a movie![DOUBLEPOST=1380915193,1380915039][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is:

All I can say is HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT LOOKS AWESOME

Wow, what a random enemy for F's M. What are they, Demons or something? Mutagen laced angels? The miniature flying variant of the Balrog from Lord of the Rings?

Bryan Cranston vs Godzilla??? Now thats a movie![DOUBLEPOST=1380915193,1380915039][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is:

All I can say is HOLY SHIT BALLS THAT LOOKS AWESOME
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED

:D I'm such a Godzilla fanboy, you have no idea how giddy I am over that minute and change of awesome.

I know it's sometimes hard to tell if a project is going to be bad before significant progress is made on it, but "I, Frankenstein" doesn't feel like one of those.

I'm pretty sure it would have looked terrible from the start.

Aaron Eckhart can do a lot better :\

I just saw the Godzilla Trailer. I had low hopes after that horrible movie with Matthew Broderick.

All I can say now is... holy shit. :eek:

:aaah:

They finally realized, we want a high quality GODZILLA film, not some stupid reimagining, and everything from the sound to the visuals captures those feeling of watching Godzilla as a kid. Awww yeah.

So frustrating that I can't find it anywhere
You might be able to find it with some pirates in a bay somewhere.

It's not super detailed, since it's a teaser, but it hits all the right notes.

1) A city in ruin
2) Another monster, dead.
3) Godzilla's trademark roar.
4) Godzilla himself in all his back spine goodness.

While I have a minue ammount of hope for this film's goodness , lets just hope his main attack won't be "Wind breath". Wasn't cool in the nineties, wasn't cool now.

I think I will just wait for the next Toho Godzilla movie before getting excited.
Toho licensed this one, just like the 1998 one, which means they don't plan to make another for a while still.

Of course, if they consider this a disappointment (like the 1998 one) they may feel the need to strut out another rushed crappy one like Godzilla 2000, followed by some decent stuff.

I get jaded about some of the more recent Godzilla movies, especially when the monsters just shoot lasers/radiation breath from across the block and don't get really destructive or active. King Kong vs Godzilla and the 60s Godzilla vs Mothra are my favorite Godzilla films, so that's the kind of action and story I like to see. I couldn't blame my cousin for not getting into the 90s Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla because even though Akira Ifikube was at his finest, the action was hit and miss.

This is getting me nostalgic. I wish I owned more Godzilla movies.

Huh...a cgi reboot of a classic cartoon that doesn't look like complete garbage. Weird. Also I like that they are using the Mona Lisa plot from the original show as a sub-plot.