[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Transformers: Robots that disguise themselves as vehicles to hide in plain sight.

Maximals: Robots that disguise themselves as… giant robot animals to… um… fool people who don’t know what animals look like.
To be fair, in the actual cartoon the Maximals (and Predacons) look like actual animals. Also it's million of years in the past and "humans" are not around.

To be fair, in the actual cartoon the Maximals (and Predacons) look like actual animals. Also it's million of years in the past and "humans" are not around.
Just saying it’s kinda of a pointless thing to transform into if it’s purpose isn’t as a disguise. The robot version of each of them would have to be just as tough, agile, and armed as their animal form.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
This looks pretty awesome, but a LOT more crowded than Bumblebee (the only live-action Transformers movie I actually liked). For some reason, I thought Bumblebee director Travis Knight was directing this, too, but apparently not. IMDB is also listing several writer credits, which is rarely a good sign (too many cooks and all that). Again, to compare it with Bumblebee, which only had one writer credit.

Soooooo...apprehensive, but at least curious to see how it turns out. It LOOKS great, but then so did the trailers for the Michael Bay movies.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
This also looks pretty great, but dear god, there's a lot going on in this one trailer. Judging from some de-aging effects in some shots, parts of this will include flashbacks. Director James Mangold has some good work under his belt. And the two screenwriters attached also did Edge of Tomorrow, so that's...promising.

So we'll say apprehensively excited for this as well.

Transformers: Robots that disguise themselves as vehicles to hide in plain sight.

Maximals: Robots that disguise themselves as… giant robot animals to… um… fool people who don’t know what animals look like.
Going to echo the "they look like normal animals in the original show" and follow it up with "they need the animal forms to protect them from Earth's environment, which is poisonous because of the raw energon on the planet".

Going to echo the "they look like normal animals in the original show" and follow it up with "they need the animal forms to protect them from Earth's environment, which is poisonous because of the raw energon on the planet".
But i don’t think that’s what’s happening here.

Of those three recent trailers…
Guardians 3 is a must.
Indy 5 I will see out of respect of the series to give it a try.
Transformers (Lost count): I have a minecraft project I have been neglecting…

figmentPez

Staff member
This also looks pretty great, but dear god, there's a lot going on in this one trailer. Judging from some de-aging effects in some shots, parts of this will include flashbacks. Director James Mangold has some good work under his belt. And the two screenwriters attached also did Edge of Tomorrow, so that's...promising.

So we'll say apprehensively excited for this as well.
Flashbacks, or time travel? Or fountain of youth type effects?

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

This isn't a new trailer, but the movie is coming out soon. The video popped up in my recommendations.

What I think is interesting is some parts of the animation looks more stylized than previous CGI animated movies. Kind of taking cues from Into the Spider-Verse. Which I'm okay with. Spider-Verse broke the mold on what animated movies could do and I think you'll see more movies taking inspiration from it to do new things with animation.

Addendum: actually, watching the trailer reminded me of this video on Spider-Verse's animation. They raised a similar point about animation evolving.

Three Musketeers

This looks like it could be good.

EDIT: Huh. And I reached the end of the video where it says Part 1: D'artagan comes out Spring 2023, and Part II: MiLady comes out December 2023. So they're doing the Kill Bill thing with this. That's interesting.

I think I nailed down what I dislike about it.

There's no punch, he feels like he's sleepwalking through the dialogue. I don't need Martinet levels of excitement nor do I need a phony accent but I do need you to feel like you want to be there. Contrasted to Toad, it just falls flat.

I don't know if I've already said so, but the only way I'm going to excuse the humdrum performance I've seen so far (assuming it's not merely a one-time, dashed-off-for-the-trailers kind of thing) is if they do some kind of Spyro-style arc where he has to learn some humility first (as in the DK trailer) before he can finally "earn" the whole Chosen One role. And when he does, his performance had better improve. He had absolutely no problem "bringing it" for the role of Emmet, so I KNOW he's capable of it.

--Patrick

Reactions: Far
Pretty cool how The Boys manages to be one of the few adaptations (MiB being about the only other one I can think of) to completely eclipse it's source material in terms of quality. I look forward to this.

And it's got Clancy Brown. I'm there.

For the Super Mario Bros movie: They are advertising that thing like it's coming out next week. There is so much new footage being released recently.

Illumination is making it. I dunno how much of a hand they have in marketing but you'll remember them from the last 12 years of bombardment.

Oh yeah. I'm in.

I mean, I was in for a sequel the moment I saw the first one, but I'm still 500% in.

Guessing the giant pile of other Spideys will be mostly background cameo fodder, maybe a couple of throwaway background lines, and the main focus will be on Spider-Man 2099. Who they seem to be promoting as the antagonist, but I'm betting it'll be one of those classic superhero misunderstanding things and they team up against the real villain by the end.