[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I didn't hate Suicide Squad (or Birds of Prey for that matter), so I'm looking forward to it. Yes, they were both infected with the default DC "Edgelord" setting, but they were trying and had some good stuff. Plus I love Margot Robbie as Harley.

I have hope for it. Gunn has shown he can do a good job with ensemble casts. At least from this trailer they seem to remember to give people different personalities beyond their powers (something the previous Suicide Squad forgot to do, except for Harley and a teensy-weensy bit for Deadshot, but I think that was 99% Will Smith charisma).

I enjoyed Birds of Prey a lot more than I thought I would. It was like they gave Harley her own Deadpool-esque movie, without being a Deadpool clone. However, my biggest issue with it was that it was advertised as a BIRDS of Prey movie, and much like Suicide Squad, it threw a whole bunch of characters at us without giving them an equal, or near equal, amount of development.

Yeah, the trailer ist all over the place
It still looks like fun, though, honestly. Like, comparing it with Ready Player One isn't necessarily a bad thing since Ready Player One was a dumb, but fun movie. But yeah, it feels like there's less focus on "Lebrawn James teams up with Bugs Bunny" more like "CHECK OUT ALL THIS COOL SHIT WE CAN PUT IT USING CGI!" Like, someone pointed out if you pause at the crowd shot around 2:07, The Mask is standing between both versions of The Penguin (Burgess Meredith AND Danny Devito).

Last edited:
I also saw Pennywise, Agent Smith and Alex and his gang and many more. It's "Cameo The Movie". But yeah. It could be stupid fun. Like the first one.

It feels like it's written for young kids, which isn't a bad thing. However, most young kids these days are looking at Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes/Hanna Barberra/etc. characters and going, "....who?".

figmentPez

Staff member
It feels like it's written for young kids, which isn't a bad thing. However, most young kids these days are looking at Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes/Hanna Barberra/etc. characters and going, "....who?".
A Clockwork Orange.... Ya know, for kids!

figmentPez

Staff member
When you are tasked with creating a universe of Warner Bros Characters and suddenly you realize... “oh. I’m kinda limited to DC, Hanna Barbara and Loony Tunes really....”
and Cartoon Network, and Harry Potter, and TT Games (LEGO), and... WB owns a lot of stuff, with active licenses for a lot more.

If they wanted to make a sequel to Ready Player One they should have just done that. The second book is already out.

If they wanted to make a sequel to Ready Player One they should have just done that. The second book is already out.
Uhh... yeah... maybe they shouldn't make a sequel based on THAT book...

But more seriously, I think this is just endemic of what marketing looks like now. Everybody wants to be able to use ALL of their IPs at once because it suddenly becomes a lot easier to target fans of different material by going "Oh, you like LEGO Batman? Well check it out, we've got fucking Sauron, Voldemort, and Godzilla in the movie too." Disney doesn't have this problem: all Disney properties are solidified under the Disney banner, so if the Avengers show up in a Kingdom Hearts game, it's not weird.

But Warner Brothers doesn't have advantage. They haven't spent their entire existence connecting all of their materials together in the same way Disney has with all of their IPs. So yes, this is just fucking weird.

I have to wonder how much of what they're doing here is to advertise HBO Max.

"Hey kids, you see those funny looking gentlemen in the background? They're in the movie Clockwork Orange, available on HBO Max! You should subscribe and check that out!"

I was looking forward to seeing how they would handle real LeBron with animated LT characters with 20 years of improved movie making technologies and they cheap out and just make him animated too.

I was looking forward to seeing how they would handle real LeBron with animated LT characters with 20 years of improved movie making technologies and they cheap out and just make him animated too.
For a sequel Legacy doesn’t really follow the events of the first film at all.
It’s really more of a reboot than a sequel.

figmentPez

Staff member
And yet they added Clockwork Orange...
The director also made Scary Movie V, so my assumption is he thinks it's both funny and artistic. It's funny because it's a reference, and references are funny, and it's artistic because it's a classic movie, and look how he's aware of a classic movie known for being artistic.

The director also made Scary Movie V, so my assumption is he thinks it's both funny and artistic. It's funny because it's a reference, and references are funny, and it's artistic because it's a classic movie, and look how he's aware of a classic movie known for being artistic.
That explains a lot.