[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Not as good as the original song.
Yeah, like it's toothless and low energy compared to the original and considering it's fucking dubstep, that's an accomplishment. It's so flat and lame.

EDIT -

I'm listening to the original now and it's way better. Even today.

Techo Syndrome has been a part of my workout mix...basically since the first time I ever made one. It's great for pumping you up, even when you feel like you've got nothing left to give. It builds anticipation, then builds it again.

The new one just kind of coasts. But the really frustrating part is it builds a crescendo around 2:30, and then... slows down?? It feels like the antithesis of a fight. And that's ALL Mortal Kombat has going for it. Ever.

Techo Syndrome has been a part of my workout mix...basically since the first time I ever made one. It's great for pumping you up, even when you feel like you've got nothing left to give. It builds anticipation, then builds it again.

The new one just kind of coasts. But the really frustrating part is it builds a crescendo around 2:30, and then... slows down?? It feels like the antithesis of a fight. And that's ALL Mortal Kombat has going for it. Ever.
Ha ha ha, it hasn't been something I've listened to working out for a long time but it's going right back in now.

I hadn't really followed anything for this leading up to release and honestly, don't know about the lore from the series at all but this actually looks decent.

I hadn't really followed anything for this leading up to release and honestly, don't know about the lore from the series at all but this actually looks decent.

The rest of the movie mostly fails to live up to this opening scene, partly because the other cast members generally don't have Hiroyuki Sanada's acting ability or action skills. Plus Joe Taslim plays a nicely menacing Sub-Zero but for the rest of the movie he's masked, and there's only so much acting you can do with your eyes.

• Sad
Reactions: Far
The rest of the movie mostly fails to live up to this opening scene, partly because the other cast members generally don't have Hiroyuki Sanada's acting ability or action skills. Plus Joe Taslim plays a nicely menacing Sub-Zero but for the rest of the movie he's masked, and there's only so much acting you can do with your eyes.
I figured that would be the case but was mildly hopeful. May still check it out, if it's on HBO Max, we'll likely get it on Crave here since I have the HBO add on so it's nothing extra anyway.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I hadn't heard that a Sweet Tooth series was in the works, but this trailer looks pretty good:

Anyone read the comics and want to weigh in?

I hadn't heard that a Sweet Tooth series was in the works, but this trailer looks pretty good:

Anyone read the comics and want to weigh in?
Aesthetically, it looks pretty on-point to the comics. Hard to say how "loyal" it'll be to the comics until I can actually watch the show. But as a fan of the comics, I'm definitely in for this. I THINK they cast Sweet Tooth younger than he was in the comics, but I can't recall. They might be doing that to ensure they can get a few seasons out of the actor before he gets too old for the part.

figmentPez

Staff member
The first Venom movie was far more amusing than it had any right to be, and I'm enjoying the comedic interaction between Eddie and Venom, but I absolutely loathe Carnage and Shriek. I have no intention of seeing Venom: Let There Be Carnage, but here's the trailer.

I thought the first Venom was fine. Nothing great, nothing bad. This looks fun enough to check out. Probably won't be any better or worse. I'm in.

The first Venom movie was far more amusing than it had any right to be, and I'm enjoying the comedic interaction between Eddie and Venom, but I absolutely loathe Carnage and Shriek. I have no intention of seeing Venom: Let There Be Carnage, but here's the trailer.

Thank God they fixed Cassidy's (Kasady? I remember it being spelled stupidly) hair. I'm in!

OLD, a new film by M Night Shyamalan

M Night getting back to disturbing thrillers? I'm in. Split was awesome and while I wasn't crazy about Glass, I admired what he was trying for. This looks potentially great.