[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

This made me laugh out loud.

Newsflash leftists, rightists, etc. The police hate you. They hate you so much. They hate you just a little more than they hate each other. It's not a job filled with society's most stable people. Almost every single one was either a bully or bullied. The slightest affront sends them into a rage of power. Did you bump an off-duty cop? Holy shit, he's gonna make a scene. He might even pull the gun he's not supposed to carry around off-duty on you.

Even the friendliest, nicest cop seethes at having to give you the time of day.

A few years ago, a player on the Bills was at a bar and got into a fight with some off-duty cops. All of the police were trashing him saying how terrible it is that he has no respect for the people who put their lives on the line blah blah blah.

Then the DA decided not to press any charges against him and the Union went on a while tirade about how everyone hates cops now, nobody has their backs, blah blah blah.

Then the video came out and it showed that the cops started the fight because they were mad that the bartender served him ahead of them.

I remember a cop Christmas party way back when I was a rookie. It was in the little shit hole town I spent the first few years of my career in. Some idiot (me) invited the jail guards I was friendly with. When one of them showed up, you could see how mad some of the not rookies were that these fucking peons dared to come. I literally got yelled at by my corporal at work after that for doing that. THEY weren't supposed to be there.

No wonder I am still friends with exactly three cops from my former career (two of them retired, one after being thrown under the bus by the brass and one got his dream job of being an honor guard in Ottawa, the cushiest job an RCMP officer can have).

I remember a cop Christmas party way back when I was a rookie. It was in the little shit hole town I spent the first few years of my career in. Some idiot (me) invited the jail guards I was friendly with. When one of them showed up, you could see how mad some of the not rookies were that these fucking peons dared to come. I literally got yelled at by my corporal at work after that for doing that. THEY weren't supposed to be there.

No wonder I am still friends with exactly three cops from my former career (two of them retired, one after being thrown under the bus by the brass and one got his dream job of being an honor guard in Ottawa, the cushiest job an RCMP officer can have).
You (and everyone else) should still play Disco Elysium

Here, I'm gonna be honest about something. I was an asshole cop. A huge prick. I've never beaten anyone in custody or anything but I used to do a thing when I was a rookie called "Ruin someone's day". I would park near the mill outside of town just before shift change and catch people speeding to get to work on time. It was encouraged. We laughed about it. Makes me fucking sick. 38 year old Frank would gladly punch 25 year old Frank directly in his stupid, arrogant, smug mouth. Fuck that guy.

I've told this story before, but I subbed one of my watchmates with myself because I was so embarrassed it was something I did.

My current hobby of being unemployed with a hefty dose of edibles has made me very retrospective and I honestly hate what I'm looking back on.

Here, I'm gonna be honest about something. I was an asshole cop. A huge prick. I've never beaten anyone in custody or anything but I used to do a thing when I was a rookie called "Ruin someone's day". I would park near the mill outside of town just before shift change and catch people speeding to get to work on time. It was encouraged. We laughed about it. Makes me fucking sick. 38 year old Frank would gladly punch 25 year old Frank directly in his stupid, arrogant, smug mouth. Fuck that guy.

I've told this story before, but I subbed one of my watchmates with myself because I was so embarrassed it was something I did.

My current hobby of being unemployed with a hefty dose of edibles has made me very retrospective and I honestly hate what I'm looking back on.
Try not to beat yourself up too much about it. The fact that you have introspection and can recognize your past flaws says a lot about your character.

Back when I was making tech bubble money, I was an insufferable, smug yuppie asshole. Friend of mine once told me "you're driving like you own the road" and I laughed and said "I do own the road! I paid more in taxes this quarter than you make all year." I was cynical, stingy, greedy, self absorbed and entitled.

Losing it all gave be a big reality check, and I'd like to think that I'm a much nicer person now. Between my wife and I, we're actually pulling in like 3/4 of what I was making then (in raw, non-inflation controlled dollars), and I don't think I'm nearly as much of a smug douche as I was back then.

Thanks bud, I appreciate that.

More on topic, you can't even trust the fucking bomb squad. They apparently detonated a whole wack of illegal fireworks in the middle of a neighborhood, blowing the truck apart, damaging several cars and homes and injuring some people (unconfirmed).

Changed their tune. They cordoned off the area, invited the press and everything went poorly and now suddenly "WE DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED!"

Woops

Here, I'm gonna be honest about something. I was an asshole cop. A huge prick.
Back when I was making tech bubble money, I was an insufferable, smug yuppie asshole.
ITT: power and money corrupt, losing that privilege teaches valuable lessons and makes the person become a better person.
News at eleven, Disney movie rights to be sold soon.

As Tin said, being able to reflect, learn and grow sets you apart from assholes who realize full well they're assholes, but still just continue because of fun /powertrip/etc.

ITT: power and money corrupt, losing that privilege teaches valuable lessons and makes the person become a better person.
News at eleven, Disney movie rights to be sold soon.

As Tin said, being able to reflect, learn and grow sets you apart from assholes who realize full well they're assholes, but still just continue because of fun /powertrip/etc.
Also, looking back at your past self in shame is not exclusive to your situation. I would love to go back in time and smack some sense into myself. The exact reasons may be different from you, but it’s the same basic thing overall.

We all make mistakes, and we all have moments or phases of being an asshole. The important thing (as others have already said) is to reflect and grow. Which you are doing, so kudos to you.

I phrased it badly. I assumed they didn’t intentionally blow them up there, since I would assume there are a billion safer places to do so. I guess this is still incompetence but worse than “oops they accidentally detonated.”

Deflecting, lying and now trying to pretend that this was an accident and not intentional is again 100% pure cop. Never admit to any wrongdoing, even if there is videos of your officers on the scene saying how they were going to be safely detonated there.

"That man mysteriously died. We don't know how it happened."

Video shows twelve cops shooting him 1100 times as he pleaded for mercy.

"The jury is still out on this one, we'll be investigating further on this mysterious death."

Dave

Staff member
They are trying something new to keep kids out of trouble and foster a feeling of community. I have no problem with this. It’s using money in an imaginative way and not going toward now-militaristic weaponry.

This is the kind of thing we WANT to see.

They are trying something new to keep kids out of trouble and foster a feeling of community. I have no problem with this. It’s using money in an imaginative way and not going toward now-militaristic weaponry.

If it was a community charity and not the police, then sure. But cops lost any public trust a long time ago.

E5k2LD_XMAQ6Wp_.jpeg

or they’re looking for an easy way to harvest names, faces, and fingerprints from inner city youth.

dont take my word for it, listen to a NY public defender

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member

No, we want to see programs like this through the library, or other groups that are held accountable for their actions. We want projects like this funded by groups whose purpose is to enrich the community, not funded by a para-military organization with ulterior motives.

This is an ex-spouse blowing into town and throwing their kid a lavish birthday party a week late, while not paying child support, hitting on the parents at the party, etc. (And then probably abusing the kid later.)

Okay okay, maybe I'm naïve. Probably I'm naïve. I saw this as actually trying something new.
I felt the same as you, but then I thought of a simple test you can do to quickly determine whether any children's program like this might have any kind of ulterior motive. Ask yourself the following: "Is this program available to/being deployed evenly across all neighborhoods?" If the answer is "No," then there is probably some kind of ulterior motive.

--Patrick

I'm sure the police have permission from Marvel to use their characters for this.
Ha ha ha... Disney is absolutely terrified of what they're going to do when a cop wearing a Punisher logo kills somebody and it becomes major news. Cops have been co-opting Marvel imagery for decades and it's only by the grace of Marvel and Disney not wanting to be harassed by the police that they haven't been sued out of existence yet.

Ha ha ha... Disney is absolutely terrified of what they're going to do when a cop wearing a Punisher logo kills somebody and it becomes major news. Cops have been co-opting Marvel imagery for decades and it's only by the grace of Marvel and Disney not wanting to be harassed by the police that they haven't been sued out of existence yet.
Hmmm, there does come a point where Disney will go "Stop it!" "What are you going to do about it?" "Well, we have massive constant streams of money from various resources. We can sue you into oblivion and make MASSIVE donations to and in support of people that will control your departments resources." But then again after Mulan, Disney is about appearances, not actual morality.