[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Portland PD decides that people knowing who their officers are is bad for business, allows them to cover their nametags during protests. Claims their officers were "being doxxed." If this is anything like the NYPD being poisoned or Officer McMuffin freaking out about her food, or the dipshit who wrote "pig" on his own Starbucks cup, or the one who took a bite of his own burger and claimed he got it that way, or the one who had the Subway cup analyzed because "it was drugged with weed," or any of the other millions of times that cops have claimed harassment and it wound up they were the ones doing any actual harm; then I'm going to have to call bullshit. I'll bet you dollars to donuts (pun very much intended) that people are finding out the officers' names and using Spokeo, Clustrmaps, or Beenverified to post their addresses - you know, like public records searches work for everybody else in America - at most. Maybe, if your officers are such shitheads that people want to find out where they live, you should get rid of the officers, not allow them to cover their names and hide who they are from the public. Oh, but don't worry, the officers will still be identifiable to HQ, so they won't go unpunished when they repeatedly shoot members of the press in the head, or beat reporters with riot sticks (broom sticks, not normal batons), or gas drivers on the streets, or anything else the Portland police have been doing for the last three weeks.
So, remember this gem? Turns out the number that the officers have been instructed to label themselves with is their employee ID number. If you want to get information about the name tied to that employee ID, well, that's confidential information. You're going to need a subpoena for that.

The State Capitol Commission of Tennessee has voted to remove the bust of Confederate general and Ku Klux Klan leader Nathan Bedford Forrest from the state capitol building.

The vote was 7-2.

In June, the state legislature voted down a recommendation to remove the statue.
(WBIR)​

Y'know, I have a really big, long, rambly rant about how Seattle has achieved one of their major goals while Portland is unlikely to ever get there, but I think it can all be summed up by saying that Portland would be better off if they stopped trying to live up to the stereotypes presented in Portlandia.

<sigh> Cops killed a young man named Hakeem Littleton earlier today (at a 4th of July block party - really throwin' me off on the date there guys) in or near Detroit, MI. Since I'm out of state and have no idea which news sources are biased in which directions, I'll cede authority for a responsibly sourced link to the Michiganders of the board. What I've read of it sounds like I would need to see video before I made a judgment call on it. It's a lot less obvious than, say, the one in Roseburg last year where the cops shot a dude who literally charged them with a door he had just finished ripping off of a truck in a parking lot. All I know is, the police video is grainy as all hell, but does appear to show Mr. Littleton firing first. It just also appears to show that he'd been successfully apprehended before being shot in the back of the head by officers. (The video does not show the killing shot, but it does contain graphic violence, so y'know, don't click here unless you've been as desensitized as I have over the last 45 days).

Last edited:
Wow. So Oregon has this habit where they name roads after fallen service members. In Coos County, we apparently extend that to officers of the law. I just discovered that one of the sections near us is dedicated to a fat fuck of a cop who got drunk, wrecked his ATV on timber company land, couldn't be found by searchers, and died of exposure. He'd been a cop almost three years.

In happier news, a judge in King County has just given approval for the recall effort against Seattle's mayor to proceed. The judge disagreed with her attorney's claim that she had no hindsight upon which to base a response to a large protest; instead opting to agree with the petitioners, who stated that due to the WTO riots of 1999, Jenny Durkan has had 20 years of hindsight in which to figure out how not to violate the first amendment rights of protesters and how to guarantee their safety.

I'll cede authority for a responsibly sourced link to the Michiganders of the board.
I don't live over in that area any more, but the News and Free Press merged a while back, the Observer & Eccentric is I think like those so-called "local" radio stations. These days I usually start with mlive.com.

--Patrick

And in Portland, last night a black man was shot and killed by a 25 year old white man who told witnesses on scene he had committed the crime because Dominique was black, and had previously been shouting "n-word n-word n-word." The Portland Police Bureau would like, at this time, to curtail the rumors that this incident was, in any way, race related. There is no evidence at this time that a white man shooting a black man for being black after repeatedly shouting the n-word at him is racially motivated.

Hey, Hatfield Federal Building, in Portland, Oregon - Is that a White Power symbol in your window, or are you just happy to see me? It's uh... it's actually the least fortunate Portland Blazers merch EVAR. It's a hand doing the "three point" signal backed by the number 3 over and over. It's been co-opted. We just don't know when that merch was released, or when it was hung in that window.

Last edited:
So, the federal agents that Trump dispatched to Portland, who aren't bound by the TRO that the judge put in place against the PPB just stormed out of their federal building, assaulted a shit load of people at random, knelt on yet another person's neck, started deploying smoke, pulled open the door to a van on the open public street, pointed an assault rifle at the driver, and are now just rampaging through the streets, chasing people and terrorizing the city. They're holding citizens at literal assault-rifle point, firing pepper spray, tear gas, using the LRAD as a weapon, fucking people up - the order has been given on Operation Legend. It looks like several people may be dead - shot to death (with less lethal arms) by federal officers.

None of them are wearing masks, and they are just fucking people up.

And now they've pulled back to within a block of the building and are telling people they'll be gone shortly, like this is some normal action to see on the streets in fucking America (unfortunately, it fucking is in Sanctuary cities, apparently).

Sounds like we now have a batalion of riot police in full gear charging in from the Moda Center across the Steel Bridge. We're still sticking with the potential of several dead individuals, but the cameras have pulled back significantly and the feds are keeping people far, far away from that scene.

Reports from the 7/11 nearby indicate that members of the homeless population were severely gassed as well.

Apparently they weren't done for the evening, and are now re-gassing everyone, pointing out new streamer targets, harassing them, and ordering everyone to walk into an intersection that they then proceed to gas. I really, really wish my state weren't being occupied by a hostile force of federal officers.

Yet another massive gassing of all of the streets and intersections near the Precinct and Federal Building.

Oy vey.... the reason this all kicked off is apparently because while the protesters were standing behind the line of police tape erected for them to stand behind, that line was still on Federal property. It was a trap.

Alright, we're now revising down from several potential fatalities to the possibility of one.

One of the US Marshals on scene just asked a protester who "Wheeler" is, and why they were chanting "Fuck Wheeler." That would be the mayor of the city you're currently occupying, you jackbooted thug.

Last edited:
The fucking federal pigs shot someone directly in the head from across a two-lane street and are watching as he bleeds out, refusing to send medics. They eventually came out and helped the individual that they shot in the face inside the federal building, hopefully to awaiting medical aid, but since they fucking shot him in the face, I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
while the protesters were standing behind the line of police tape erected for them to stand behind, that line was still on Federal property. It was a trap.
I remember this at the Berlin Wall, too. Big striped pylons were posted some distance from the wall, presumably to denote the transition from East to West Berlin, but in reality the transition was denoted by flat plaques set into the ground that were farther still, meaning anyone who got over the wall and made a run for it, and collapsed or turned around to salute once they passed the pylons could still legally be shot dead by the forces since they technically had not yet entered WB.

--Patrick

I remember this at the Berlin Wall, too. Big striped pylons were posted some distance from the wall, presumably to denote the transition from East to West Berlin, but in reality the transition was denoted by flat plaques set into the ground that were farther still, meaning anyone who got over the wall and made a run for it, and collapsed or turned around to salute once they passed the pylons could still legally be shot dead by the forces since they technically had not yet entered WB.

--Patrick
I mean, the protesters should have known, since this isn't the first night that the feds have been out, but a trap is a trap is a dirty dirty trap.

The fucking federal pigs shot someone directly in the head from across a two-lane street and are watching as he bleeds out, refusing to send medics. They eventually came out and helped the individual that they shot in the face inside the federal building, hopefully to awaiting medical aid, but since they fucking shot him in the face, I wouldn't bet on it.
The feds did not, in fact, render aid to the man they shot in the face with an impact munition last night. He was taken to the hospital by other protesters. He spent several hours in facial reconstruction surgery. He has only just recently - within the last hour - woken up and started responding to doctors' requests that he move his arms and legs.

Apparently the patient is awake, and conscious. That being said, the reason he needed several hours of facial reconstruction surgery is because the feds literally blew his fucking face apart by shooting him directly in the head with a flash bang grenade, then refused to allow EMTs to reach him. So no, we won't be bowing down to this bullshit and just going back in for a few weeks while they get the aggression out of their systems. We're going to rain hell down on these people, one way or another.

The fact that I'm hardly hearing anything about this, other than a twice - weekly "oh yeah, there's still some protesting going on, too" just blows my mind.

The fact that I'm hardly hearing anything about this, other than a twice - weekly "oh yeah, there's still some protesting going on, too" just blows my mind.
This is what you get when you “accidentally” keep sweeping up the journalists along with the protestors.
It’s like if StarKist suddenly came out with a limited-edition “Oops! All dolphins!” version.

—Patrick

Even our local (Sinclair-owned) stations down here are barely covering things - and when they do, it's always "Violent Antifa Mob Riots Through Downtown Portland Causing Millions in Damages," and never "Largely Peaceful Crowd of Demonstrators Gassed, Shot at by Armed Federal Troops." The first official proof that we had that the troops on the ground were feds was when Trump himself was bragging about it in Florida. The mayor of the city is entirely complicit in not only the violent take-downs happening on the streets nightly leading up to federal troops being deployed, but also for his refusal to even call them out for it when they rampage through the city terrorizing his citizens. The governor hasn't said much, if anything, since Trump called her out and threatened to cut off all federal aid to the state. Our senior senator is flat-out pissed and demanding answers from Trump, but not getting anywhere and I haven't heard from my congressman in weeks.

Also, the PPB spent the first several weeks of this engagement gassing, beating, and shooting journalists from national papers and overseas sources, so they all pulled their reporters out because the mayor wouldn't guarantee their safety and the narrative is largely left in the hands of the police and feds. There are a few sources out there, but they're bloggy, new, radical, and heavily biased, so they're not really good sources. And RT, because Russia loves having press on the ground. And, after seeing the photos of the dents in the medic truck last night, which was blocking traffic behind a row of journalists, well away from the area where troops were engaging with protesters, I don't blame those press agencies at all.

We have a confirmed fatality from last night. One of the initial victims of the first rush by federal troops suffered a seizure after being thrown up against a wall and falling and hitting his head on the sidewalk, and the feds refused access to EMTs and just held the dude down until he stopped responding. He's dead.