[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Haven't seen this posted yet

TMNT Shorts for this years SDCC

Turtles Take Time (and Space) by Brandon Auman

Pizza Friday by Kevin Eastman & Paul Jenkins

Don vs. Raph by Jhonen Vasquez

Okay, I'm on board. This is supposed to be like 10-12 minute action shorts like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe, right?

Haven't seen this posted yet

TMNT Shorts for this years SDCC

Turtles Take Time (and Space) by Brandon Auman

Pizza Friday by Kevin Eastman & Paul Jenkins

Don vs. Raph by Jhonen Vasquez
I like how the Workaholics voice the turtles in the Jhonen Vasquez short.

I just finished binging Moral Orel. That was a damn good show and reading about its history with the network is really annoying.

I just finished binging Moral Orel. That was a damn good show and reading about its history with the network is really annoying.
Straight up, that hunting trip ep ALWAYS puts shivers down my spine. Its not a show that you'd think would get real but it did...and quite often.

Straight up, that hunting trip ep ALWAYS puts shivers down my spine. Its not a show that you'd think would get real but it did...and quite often.
"Nature" (the aforementioned hunting episodes) is the moment the show stops being an outright parody of the kind of show it's making fun of and becomes the BEST version of the show it's making fun of by allowing some of it's members finding real, tangible redemption in the face of their own misery. "Dumb", with Joe and Ms. Bendy forming the emotional bond they need to become healthy people, is one of my favs. "Closeface" is another, with Stephanie and Reverend Putty reconciling after admitting that Kim was awful and she deserved better.

It's, ironically, one of the most spiritually uplifting shows ever made, simply on the basis that it was willing to delve into the cruelty we inflict on each other... and then finding ways to deal with it.

So I don't really know what to think about JL: War. DIANA SMASH and Green Jobber were kind of sad to watch, and everyone in general seemed kind of powered down for whatever reason. Cyborg's rampage early on was cool, but otherwise it's just kind of "meh."

SuperMansion is pretty good, BUT it does feel a SKOODGE like "The Awesomes", minus the engrossing over-arching plot BUT more humor, and holy SHIT those stop-motion action scenes. Either way, always glad to see a super-hero sitcom where the superheroes save the fucking day instead of doing boring as normal mother fucking problems that you see in any normal ass mother fucking sitcom. Seriously, WHY IS THAT THE NORM?!

Voltron (2016)

Huh...was really sure Lance was gonna die in this season, but whatevs I love Jeremy Shada so its good.

EDIT: OH SHIT-that wasn't Lance, it was Sven...who in this version is Shiro-DAMMIT-I'm confused which people are supposed to be.

On the subject, the original Voltron series was a color-coding NIGHTMARE! The red-suit guy piloted the black lion, the blue-suit guy piloted the red lion, the pink-suit lady and black-suit guy piloted the blue lion, and the fucking yellow lion pilot wore an ORANGE suit...actually that almost works. Point is someone fucked up on suit detail.

Last edited:
TMNT is back, and we gon' get some SUPER SHREDDER!

ALSO-if anyone else is watching "Star vs. the Forces of Evil" get ready to see some...pretty obvious class struggle in the latest episode, guised as "evil" monsters trying to steal corn.

Anyone here see that Miraculous show? If you haven't, imagine a magical girl show like Pretty Cure or Sailor Moon...and that's pretty much it, its a magical girl show. Also the main heroes don't know the other's secret identity for some reason, and its incredibly frustrating.

Anyone here see that Miraculous show? If you haven't, imagine a magical girl show like Pretty Cure or Sailor Moon...and that's pretty much it, its a magical girl show. Also the main heroes don't know the other's secret identity for some reason, and its incredibly frustrating.
It's also a joint French/Japanese/Nickelodeon venture and INCREDIBLY popular for some reason.

It's also a joint French/Japanese/Nickelodeon venture and INCREDIBLY popular for some reason.
Yeah I'm a bit confused on that myself, despite some cool action scenes it is REALLY by the book, right down to the Tokusatsu bad guy who sends out only one monster per episode instead of a bunch at once who is also SURPRISE-the deuteragonist's dad, because superhero show. I bet he'll talk to himself in a mirror later, lord.

Yeah I'm a bit confused on that myself, despite some cool action scenes it is REALLY by the book, right down to the Tokusatsu bad guy who sends out only one monster per episode instead of a bunch at once who is also SURPRISE-the deuteragonist's dad, because superhero show. I bet he'll talk to himself in a mirror later, lord.
I've already seen them recycle a plot. The show isn't BAD, but it's as formulaic as a bad season of Super Sentai.

Supermansion

A definite solid seven point five out of ten for its first season, and I'm glad its getting a second. On the one hand it feels a LOT like "The Awesomes"(the twist for example), but in a lot of ways it works. Plus its the same animation style of the better eps of Robot Chicken so its got that going for it.

ONE major criticism though...this show can fail the Bechdel test HARD!

Last edited:
Ugh goddamnit Avatar you were doing so well. A fucking anime-level misunderstanding plot? You're better than this.

Oh gosh we'd love to go and leave Aang to see Dad!

Aang walks out

But we can't because other things are important!

Come on now.

Ugh goddamnit Avatar you were doing so well. A fucking anime-level misunderstanding plot? You're better than this.

Oh gosh we'd love to go and leave Aang to see Dad!

Aang walks out

But we can't because other things are important!

Come on now.
This is sort of an on-going thing in the first season. You don't see this sort of thing from Season 2 on.

Pro-tip: Don't bother with The Divide unless you REALLY want to piss yourself off.

Yeah I watched that one last night. Definitely the very definition of Filler Episode. I just finished The Deserter, so I'll be into season 2 tomorrow or maybe Saturday I'm sure. Trying not to go through the series too quickly or watch it while I game, so I keep a better memory of events/characters.