[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

The way Launchpad talks about it I'm sure we get a whole episode dedicated to him.
Maybe some sort of "Adam West really is Batman" type of episode.

Did Adam West do his own stunts?
He did not. In fact, the studio was incredibly worried about him getting hurt.

They didn't show the same consideration for Burt Ward. He spent the first week of shooting in the emergency room because of injuries he sustained when the studio put him in danger because of a mix-up with his stunt man.

The way Launchpad talks about it I'm sure we get a whole episode dedicated to him.
Maybe some sort of "Adam West really is Batman" type of episode.
I'm almost certain we're going to get a Grey Ghost-style situation. That was way too much effort for a homage when they could have just used old footage from the show.

I agree. Either Launchpad will meet a bitter Jim Starling or one who's still stuck in the past wearing the costume at official events.

Thundercats getting the OK KO Let's Be Heroes treatment. They say it's going to have "lots of action" and be "true to the original show" but I say they are a bunch of lying fucks who had a perfect remake of the series in the 2011 series and they dumped it because they couldn't sell the action figures. So fuck'em, Thundercats is dead to me. Also, the guy who heads it up looks and sounds like a total fucking tool so fuck him too.

figmentPez

Staff member
It's Thundercats GO!...

"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent renching nausea your singing has caused me to experience." -- Edward VanHelgen (Curse of Monkey Island)

And that awful hipster topknot thing the animator has.... That just killed any hope that this might be something other than dreck.

Why? ... Why does everybody of this "hip" creators believes that showing respect or your "love" for something is basically mock it to the ground until it can't move anymore? Or they turning it grim dark to the max. And then have the audacity saying they made it for the fans and they will love it, wondering why people complain later.

Yes we know Thundercats is a kinda silly concept with the talking cat people fighting a space mummy but turning that into what's essentially a parody doesn't make you look clever.

Looking at the material and the guys' talking, I already know there will be numerous cat puns. Like one of the characters will have a litter box in his room or somebody get distracted by a yarn ball. Or WilyKat or WilyKit get spraid with water. They already show Mum-Ra with a newspaper in the clip so I convinced they will go there. "Look, look what we did there? It's funny because they are cats. Praise us."

I'm not against reboots or making a joke about an older incarnation of a show or fans making jokes about characters, scenes or a show. I liked first Thundercats reboot, the Looney Tunes show and I like the new Ducktales. But this new Thundercats looks not promising or making me interested watching it. The She-Ra reboot looks interesting though. Let's just hope nobody hit it with the parody stick.

The three groups of reaction I've seen to this:

1. "Look what you've done to ThunderCats!"
2. "You don't have to watch the new one! You're old ThunderCats is still there, okay? Geez."
3. "What's ThunderCats?"

The three groups of reaction I've seen to this:

1. "Look what you've done to ThunderCats!"
2. "You don't have to watch the new one! You're old ThunderCats is still there, okay? Geez."
3. "What's ThunderCats?"
I find myself in group #2, and probably the same feelings I have about Teen Titans Go: why the hell not? It had it's original, multi-season run, it already had a serious reboot that (sadly) didn't catch on, it's a franchise that's sitting there doing nothing. Why not? This isn't a sacred cow, it was a show designed to sell a toy line. It may crash and burn, or it could find a whole new audience. Luckily, we live in an age where if you prefer original flavor, you can easily get access to it.

we live in an age where if you prefer original flavor, you can easily get access to it.
I place myself in group #1, because while these characters may have been originally created as a vehicle to sell toys, I believe there are plenty of us who feel like they have enough lore behind them to explore a coming-of-age character story of their very own, à la Harry Potter or Star Wars.

--Patrick

I find myself in group #2, and probably the same feelings I have about Teen Titans Go: why the hell not? It had it's original, multi-season run, it already had a serious reboot that (sadly) didn't catch on, it's a franchise that's sitting there doing nothing. Why not? This isn't a sacred cow, it was a show designed to sell a toy line. It may crash and burn, or it could find a whole new audience. Luckily, we live in an age where if you prefer original flavor, you can easily get access to it.
I know a lot of folks felt that CN sabotaged the original run of the 2011 show by constantly moving around it's timeslot (until moving it to a Saturday slot where it was, finally, getting some viewership). Had the show been better managed and had it been treated better by those in charge, it could have succeeded. But because this was still in the age of toy sales dictating a show's success, it was dead before the show even airred; not only did the toy line launch months ahead of the show, the toys were all pretty low quality and got shoved into the bargin bins shortly after the launch of the show.

All of that could have been avoided. It wasn't because of poor management by Cartoon Network and Hasbro... which makes me kind of worried about the fate of Power Rangers if they toy sales start going down because Hasbro owns the rights right now (because Haim Saban put out a shitty movie and blinked).

WELP-my interest went from "not sure about watching it" to "Definitely watching it because D&C is an idiot."
He realizes he's going to lose the comic book crusade in the long run, so he's engaging in the only diversity he's okay with--his portfolio. Next up: get ready to fund his newest Kickstarter for an animated series that's just like an 80s cartoon, animated at 2 FPS.

Onto good things-BEHOLD EMARA!

Cute little superhero cartoon about an Arabic girl whose gloves can shape-shift into all sorts of weapons which she uses to FIGHT CRIME! Gonna have five eps total, loved the pilot so I can't wait to see the rest!

Oh, right, i saw some preview thing a few days ago... but everyone in the reddit thread was al like "yeah, i heard about this".

The show runner for Voltron worked on Avatar and Korra.

I've gone full on weeb and signed up to Crunchyroll, so I've been watching the new Berserk series and Parasyte: The Maxim
I'm late to this party :) I've just started watching Parasyte with my wife and son. We're enjoying it

I'm late to this party :) I've just started watching Parasyte with my wife and son. We're enjoying it
I can't remember if I talked about it in this thread or the anime thread, but i feel like the first half of the Parasyte anime was really strong, but the second half is a little sluggish and peters out.

I'm on season 2.5 of Wakfu(the specials) and...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh...would it have fucking KILLED the artists to make the main characters look older?! Evangeline and Percidal BOTH still look like teenagers, its ridiculous! THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN!

So this is kinda crazy... apparently, officially, Powerpuff Girls and Gorillaz (yes the fucking band) are in the same universe because Ace (of the Gangrene Game) is currently playing base for them while Murdoc is in the klink. This isn't the first time they've crossed over; the PPG movie had an ad for the then current Gorillaz tour on a newspaper Mojo Jojo was reading and Frankie from Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends once dressed up as Tank Girl (another work from the artist behind the Gorillaz).

Just thought it was kind of weird.