[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

It really feels like this is trying to preempt fans from complaining about a lack of closure. Because fandoms are shitty about demanding everything be explicilty explained, and are quieter about a horribly rushed ending than they are about ambiguity, because somehow having a single bad canon is better than a multitude of possible stories to speculate on. I fucking hate when pressure from "fandoms" pushes creators to make bad decisions.
Felt more like the originally planned more seasons, without the main 3, but TPTB didn't feel it would work.

To me it clearly wasn't just the Lenore thing.

figmentPez

Staff member
Felt more like the originally planned more seasons, without the main 3, but TPTB didn't feel it would work.

To me it clearly wasn't just the Lenore thing.
You're right, it wasn't just the Lenore thing, and it could well be that they had more seasons planned, but they still made a decision to wrap up storylines rather than leave them hanging. To me that's caving in to fan pressure for closure, regardless of if they had more seasons planned or not.

Raya and the Last Dragon
Cute film. I like the world a lot but can't say much about the characters. Not a lot of building individual personalities or relationships with each other. I think the baby ninja was a bit too much as well.
Gorgeous animation though.