[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

I can tell you what animation I won't be watching! Amazon Prime is developing a "Sausage Party" series.

FUCK YOU Jeff Bezos! The Tick gets cancelled, but you make a series out of that garbage? What the ever loving fuck?
That film was obnoxious dreck, with horrible work conditions behind it to boot, I'm sure the series will follow suitm
Looks like the Simpsons will have a Death Note parody in the halloween episode. Or did already air?
"I take a kale chip, and I EAT IT!"

If they don' keep their promise and kill of Ghandi-WHAT'S THE POINT OF ANYTHING?! HEH for real I could care less, Ghandi wasn't the saint his followers say he was.

Just a thought I had that results in this random controversial opinion: Extreme Ghostbusters, MIB The Animated Series and Godzilla The Animated Series are better than people give them credit for.
Legit love to all three of those shows, the monster designs were AWESOME.

Legit love to all three of those shows, the monster designs were AWESOME.
Jackie Chan
Just a thought I had that results in this random controversial opinion: Extreme Ghostbusters, MIB The Animated Series and Godzilla The Animated Series are better than people give them credit for.
Jackie Chan Adventures had more success than these others, but this Studio was awesome in general.

Just a shame Adelaide Production's LAST thing after Spectacular Spider-man was "Sit down, shut up", an animated American remake of an Australian sitcom from eight years before it was made, that was just...kinda funny?

Rick and Morty 6x08 - Analyze Piss

So this is what it's like to sink to new lows and rise to new heights simultaneously.
Yep. The character drama was great. Shame it was alongside cringeworthy edgy villains.

Two for two on not great episodes since they took a mid-season break.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yep. The character drama was great. Shame it was alongside cringeworthy edgy villains.

Two for two on not great episodes since they took a mid-season break.
I actually liked this one. And yes it had great character drama, I was more referring to the entire series leaning on an overextended piss joke.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'd never really thought about how old animation would have looked better in the original negatives, compared to aging film prints and whatever video transfer was done for television decades ago, and never updated, but damn:

Also, @ThatNickGuy might be interested in this one:

I'd never really thought about how old animation would have looked better in the original negatives, compared to aging film prints and whatever video transfer was done for television decades ago, and never updated, but damn:

Outside of punching lasers not making a lick of sense, it's extraordinary how well those cartoons hold up. Of course, at the time, the Fleischers were paid an insane amount of money per episode to make them. Each episode's budget was about $50,000, which works out to about $1 million today.

It also has one of my favourite costume designs, which Darwyn Cooke used as a reference for designing Superman in his magnum opus, New Frontier.

Comic Excerpt] This will be my favorite version of Superman meeting Dick.  (DC: The New Frontier) : r/DCcomics

figmentPez

Staff member

More info about how this is being done from Adam Savage's Tested:

Also, a full version of Rudoph the Red Nosed Reindeer from 1948

More info about how this is being done from Adam Savage's Tested:

Also, a full version of Rudoph the Red Nosed Reindeer from 1948
So, full disclosure, I hadn't really read the rest of your post(s) aside from where you tagged me on the Superman cartoons. This is legitimately incredible that they're not only finding the original prints but now restoring them.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, full disclosure, I hadn't really read the rest of your post(s) aside from where you tagged me on the Superman cartoons. This is legitimately incredible that they're not only finding the original prints but now restoring them.
They tweeted at James Gunn with the suggestion that the restored Superman shorts should be shown before upcoming DC films, and I've got to agree, that would be a pretty good way to show off their work preserving history

Sonic Prime

A super fun first season that BEGS the question "Will this get a video game adaptation, and will it be a Sonic Boom situation of good toon but bad game?"

Sonic Prime

A super fun first season that BEGS the question "Will this get a video game adaptation, and will it be a Sonic Boom situation of good toon but bad game?"
It already feels like the cut scenes of a game. A bit like the Ratchet and Clank movie.

Watched all available episode so far and I like it. I hope they keep making fun epiodes like this.

It already feels like the cut scenes of a game. A bit like the Ratchet and Clank movie.

Watched all available episode so far and I like it. I hope they keep making fun epiodes like this.
Only with no A list celebrities replacing the main villains! Seriously, recasting Ultimate Supreme Executive Supersayain Chairman Derek bugged the HELL out of me. Fun movie for fans, but still.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Legend of Vox Machina

This was damn good. I was a little concerned starting it that it wouldn't make a lot of sense to someone who doesn't know anything about Critical Role, but they did a good job of introducing the characters, and it stands very well on it's own. The animation is really high quality, with some amazing fight scenes, though some of the kills are more gruesome than I'd prefer. I'm looking forward to season two.

(Originally posted to the wrong thread. I do that way too often.)

The Legend of Vox Machina

This was damn good. I was a little concerned starting it that it wouldn't make a lot of sense to someone who doesn't know anything about Critical Role, but they did a good job of introducing the characters, and it stands very well on it's own. The animation is really high quality, with some amazing fight scenes, though some of the kills are more gruesome than I'd prefer. I'm looking forward to season two.

(Originally posted to the wrong thread. I do that way too often.)
Grog raging is THE perfect depiction of rage as a concept. It's not magical but has the same feeling, a physical manifestation of raw power. I don't even play Barbarians, other than this one shot I'm currently in, but it feels so right.