[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Velma

Sweet Jesus that was awful, none of the characters were likable,Mindy Kaling was practically playing herself, and the mystery is so non-engaging they put a filler episode in ep TWO.

I hate being proven right, do not watch.
I bet they will claim that racist incels are the reason the show failed.

I bet they will claim that racist incels are the reason the show failed.
Exactly, not the fact that it reeks of dev-hell and that Shaggy and Fred should've had each other's voice actors, no it's JUST the racists.

Which, granted there are still racist haters, but that doesn't detract from it being a shallow cash grab trying to crib off Harley Quinn and Rick and Morty.

Saw a cringe comp of the latest two eps of Velma, literally every other main is in love with Velma, it's a god damn harem show!

PLEASE don't let season 2 happen.

Yesssssss.

I started watching series 2 as I'd tried 1 and audio issues, as well as other things like the kicked out member, made me move on to 2 where I heard those had been ironed out. So as much as I loved Vox Machina, I've been patiently waiting for the Mighty Nein.

Is series 2 good? I tried watching some earlier episodes but couldn't get into it.
I think if you're interested in watching others play then it's great but it's LONG. That said there are amazing characters in Nott, Caleb, Jester and the others, plus Matt's cavalcade. Plus some amazing moments from everyone through it's entire run. It may be worth just waiting for the show, however.

I will say it takes a while for some of them to find their characters, some in a way that I found detrimental to the early episodes. Beau I find grating early and abrasive just to be abrasive but it's fleshed out later in a way that makes the early struggles worth it.

GasBandit

Staff member

I don't know why imgur's being a butt and the media embeds are turning into furled URLs. I'll look into it when I get a sec

Last edited:
Ben is the one without the thick lips, but this sentence says that Gwen is.
It is actually ambiguous and could be read both ways. It is possible (and probably, like you say, most likely) to read it as saying "Gwen is just Ben [, but] without the thick lips," but it can also be read as "Gwen [becomes] Ben without [those] thick lips," as if to say that if you remove the thick lips from Gwen, then Ben is what remains.
I agree with you that shame on them for not mentioning the eyebrows.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Oni: Thunder God's Tale

I loved this so much! The animation is absolutely beautiful, the characters are charming, and it's such a cute tale.

I highly recommend it if you want something that will leave you feeling happy.