[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget
I'm always up for Aaardman. Although, when I saw the teaser, and now the trailer for this, my first thought was , "...They didn't bring back Mel Gibson for this, did they?!". Turns out, nope (thankfully). Although they did cast Zack Levi, so maybe the role of Rocky is cursed.

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
I was a fan of both the Edgar Wright film and the comics, so I definitely wanted to see what they would do in the anime, especially since they brought the whole movie cast back. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but if you think they're going to retell the same story...you're wrong!
It was funny seeing (hearing?) everyone again, this time with far more anime tropes. I still think I like the movie a bit better, but I have no regrets binging this.

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
I was a fan of both the Edgar Wright film and the comics, so I definitely wanted to see what they would do in the anime, especially since they brought the whole movie cast back. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but if you think they're going to retell the same story...you're wrong!
It was funny seeing (hearing?) everyone again, this time with far more anime tropes. I still think I like the movie a bit better, but I have no regrets binging this.
IT WAS SO GOOD, easily one of the best miniseries and
Elseworld story
I've seen in YEARS!

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
To put it in video game terms, SScott Pilgrim Takes Off is the New Game Plus of Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

it is a ton of fun. Hoping for more.

SO I'm watching "Star Trek the animated series" as part of my non-linear Star Trek watch and...wow....TNG's "Unnatural Selection" ripped off an EP from season 1, as WELL as how they solved the problem with the transporter to stop the aging!

Last edited:
It was great and I've very much been enjoying those whining that it wasn't exactly the same. Particularly because even the movie wasn't the same as the graphic novels in the first place.

Had so much fun with it. Really hope they do more.

Last edited:
Uh... Kuato was an odd running gag to go all-in on, Rick and Morty.
I didn't even think it was a great gag. It was a funny blink and you miss it gag in the previous episode. But to dedicate an entire episode around it is super weird. I picture the writer's room when pitching for the previous episode and someone threw out the Kuato gag. Then someone else was like, "Wait, what's Kuato?" The whole thing is explained and someone finds this new concept so hilarious, they pitch an idea for the episode.

Plus, Kuato in Total Recall said more than just "Open your mind!" Yeah, that was the thing everyone remembers, but it wasn't a one-liner thing like Groot. I don't know, the episode was just dumb to me.

Four episodes is a season now? WTF? They were enjoyable, but this was mostly set-up. Not much gets resolved.

I don't know how to feel about this.
Isn't this part one? I'm pretty sure it was announced as being 8 episodes, with part 1 releasing now and part 2 releasing sometime early next year

figmentPez

Staff member
Isn't this part one? I'm pretty sure it was announced as being 8 episodes, with part 1 releasing now and part 2 releasing sometime early next year
If that's true, then Amazon's marketing department is falling flat on it's face. I got an email from them with the title "Binge 'Invincible' Season 2" and the body of the email was this image:
Invincible all episodes available.jpg
It says "All Episodes Available". There's a little blurb about the season that says "Watch the new season of Invincible now" but there's no mention of it being only part of the season, or that there's more coming later.

If that's true, then Amazon's marketing department is falling flat on it's face. I got an email from them with the title "Binge 'Invincible' Season 2" and the body of the email was this image:
View attachment 46662
It says "All Episodes Available". There's a little blurb about the season that says "Watch the new season of Invincible now" but there's no mention of it being only part of the season, or that there's more coming later.

figmentPez

Staff member
Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
I'm just starting episode 6 and this is fantastic. I'm loving everything, the story, the animation, the soundtrack, the return of the movie cast, it's all fantastic. Highly recommended.

Blue Eyed Samurai
I've only watched one episode but HOLY SHIT. This is freaking gorgeous, and I find the characters extremely engaging. I really want to see where this goes. The fight scenes are top notch. I can see why I've seen so many people recommend this.

Rick & Morty, Season 7, Episode 8 (Rise of the Numbericons: The Movie)

Jesus Christ, that might be the worst episode of Rick & Morty since the last super-meta episode last season.

Rick & Morty, Season 7, Episode 8 (Rise of the Numbericons: The Movie)

Jesus Christ, that might be the worst episode of Rick & Morty since the last super-meta episode last season.
I heard it was dumb before watching it and went in with low enough expectations to be entertained. Definitely not up to the usual standards, though.

Really hoping Big Mouth ends like next season, because I'm practically forcing myself to finish season 7, it just feels...OFF. That and episodes and plots just feel insanely telegraphed.

Rick and Morty

A surprisingly solid finale to a VERY up and down season.
Ehhhh, I wasn't crazy about it. It was okay at first, but then it did the cliche "are we still in the dream?" shit. It was a case of diminishing returns for me.

It DOES make me wonder if they'll ever pull the trigger and figure out some way of bringing Rick's wife back, though. This seemed like a tease for that.