[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

Checking out Moriarty the Patriot bc it's from the same studio that made Kabukicho Sherlock. So far I am loving the class politics

Edit: it's like this show is using sherlock to tell a story about marx and engels as professional criminals lol

Last edited:
this show is using sherlock to tell a story about marx and engels as professional criminals lol
I mean, even the Sherlock universe kinda sets up Holmes and Moriarty as men of similar mental talent who essentially differ only in their ethics.

--Patrick

I'm now watching an anime i used to see when i was a kid, but never got to see a lot of it before the italian channels where taken off our cable (i still remember my father saying it's Berlusconi's fault, and i've hated him ever since, even tohugh at the time i had no idea who he was).

Luckily for me it's all on youtube, in the "original" italian even:

I actually started watching an english subbed one before i found the ITA version, but it only had the 1st few episodes.

Anyway, back to my childhood now, see you guys...

I mean, even the Sherlock universe kinda sets up Holmes and Moriarty as men of similar mental talent who essentially differ only in their ethics.

--Patrick
I was referring to how marx needed engels's family wealth to get published. There is a very simular dynamic in this show but it gets very violent

Rewatching Gantz for the first time since high school. Still edgy and messy but goddamn I kinda like that it's an incel story about emotional growth. Almost makes me feel some hope for them

Fruit of Evolution blew their budget on VA talent and waifu design. They brought in HanaKana and Hikasa Yoko, but everything else is straight up garbage.

Only other explanation is they piggybacked on the Jahy-sama recording sessions.

GasBandit

Staff member
The opening for Jojo: Stone Free has been released -

My opinions in spoiler

The visuals are interesting but honestly I'm disappointed in the music. This is right down there with Chase from part 4, which is my least favorite intro and the only one I skip when watching. There's no risks or experimentation taken here, instead we get stock standard early 2000s light rock with those insufferably atonal guitars-as-noisemakers right out of the bad old days of the volume wars that remove every drop of dynamic range from the audio.

What happened? Fighting Gold and Traitor's Requiem introduced daring experimentation that really paid off in my opinion, and TR is now my second favorite Jojo intro after Stand Proud - which, naturally is the gold standard for all intros everywhere and I will die on that hill.

I'm watching Bananya, the kitty who lives in a banana. A few years ago I bought some cheap keychains with this character to use as stocking stuffers. Didn't know there was a show, it's very cute. And pretty damn short, it could easily wear out its welcome trying to do full episodes of this shit

Edit: Ok it's kinda racist too but I kinda expect this from japan

IMG_20211204_183146191.jpg

I dropped Kyoukai Senki this season because it's nearly a Japanese version of Squirrel and Hedgehog. Nationalism run amok.
"Futuristic post-war Japan is divided into four military regions, each led by conflicting nations trying to gain complete control over the country."

Yeah that sounds pretty gross considering japan's recent military history and the not so fringe denial of it. We've got this problem here in the states too so I try to not sound too harsh about it but it should still get called out and criticized

Edit: there is a lot that could be written about propaganda like COPS being an example of great american art

I would watch every cop show to write a book about copaganda. Whole chapter on how cool the miami vice movie is and the drugs you should take while you watch it

Last edited:
Bummed I didn't live anywhere close to where Macross Plus was being shown in theaters.

I guess I will just watch it again.

The first three parts used to air ALL THE TIME on the cartoon channel in Canada when I was a teen. It took 2 FUCKING years for them to finally air the 4th part. Do you have any idea how many times I watched Macross Plus 1-3 without knowing what happens?

This was how the series ended for me for YEARSSSSSSSS.

1638935421487.png

GasBandit

Staff member
The Faraway Paladin (Saihate No Paladin)

This has been a manga I was reading for a long time, and the anime version is doing it justice (or at least it seems to be, 5 episodes in). I definitely recommend it. It's got great worldbuilding and good characters.

I don't like to do full reviews until I've got at least a season under me. This series/season is still ongoing.

But so far it's pretty good.
Will is getting on my nerves, first with the crying, and then the constant internal monologuing. The artwork isn't anything to write home about, either. IMO the series took a sharp decline once he set out on his own.