[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

@figmentPez, Two words for you. "Ore Tsushima."

Three more words. "IT'S A KITTY!"

A few more more words. The ONA version is on YouTube. 65 1(ish)-minute episodes and counting. The TV version with 12 episodes and better production values is available on the high seas.

well its been a great run kids, looks like this is my end of line.
every American distributor/licenser is now been bought out by a megacorp, I expect the physical media scene to be done in the next year or two, as these companies have been bought for their streaming not their home video work.

I'm emotional today. Watching Bebop while I'm supposed to be working and bawling at the end of Hard Luck Woman. It's so bleak and sad.

Worlds End Harem was so very much NOT worth the wait. If I had seen this during the first attempt, my response to the delay would've been, "don't bother." Enough has been said about what a simpering waste the MC is, so I won't go into that any further. Everything ELSE, however, is is a pile of brain-dead, implausible ass-pulls. When your audience (or what's left of it) is constantly screaming SCIENCE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!! at the screen, you have a problem. It's not sexy, it's not fun, it's not exciting, it's not good.

When the delay was announced, there was speculation that this was going to be another Interspecies Reviewers, or to a lesser extent, Redo of Healer. This show isn't fit to clear up either of the other two's waste.

I'll *try* to power though the second half of that first episode and continue on to next week's to see if they were able to put the delay to good use, but I doubt it.

And in the completely opposite direction, with what appears to be the star of this season's lineup, My Dress-Up Darling, or Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru. I'll just ping @figmentPez and @LittleKagsin right here with these two words COSPLAY ANIME!! Not just some character who happens to be into cosplay. Cosplay and what goes into making it *is* the show. We've already had the male lead instead of being repelled or aroused by the female lead's talk of cosplay, launch right into an unintentionally scathing but honest critique of her sewing work. Might want to check this one out.

fade

Staff member
I started watching That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. Started out interesting, but went to weird places. Like suddenly it’s cool for
the protagonist to kill 20000 people? Not only that he gets a special power that specifically instantly kills anyone not fighting back? All in response to 80 deaths? I almost feel like the thing is yet another WWII metaphor where Tempest is the US and Rimiru is a Japanese immigrant (hence his reincarnation)

Police in a Pod

Episode 1: "Oh, a slice of life police procedural comedy with two woman AS the lead. Like "You're under arrest" but with a similiar humour like "Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan". That will be funny.

Episode 2: :eek:

My Dress-Up Darling.

I can't help it. My head has turned it into Pez and Kags: the Anime. Especially with Marin's enthusiasm and smile. True, there's a *lot* of fanservice in the current episode, but it is wholesome fanservice.

As seen on /r/anime: "I can't believe they took 20 different measurements!"

Me: "I know cosplayers currently screaming 'ONLY 20!?!?'" :D

GasBandit

Staff member
The more Demon Slayer I watch the less I like it, and I think the voice actors are mostly to blame. Zach Aguilar nearly ruined Jojo part 4 for me with his squeaky interpretation of Koichi, and he's almost as bad as the protagonist in Demon Slayer. But who's REALLY driving me up the wall is the CONSTANTLY SCREAMING Aleks Le as Zenitsu. Though to be honest I can't think of a single VA who could salvage a character whose entire presentation is "constantly in a screaming hysterical panic fit."

And then we "met" the Hirachis. OH MY GOD is it just a cavalcade of junior-high notebook scribbled deviantart OCs for chuuni edgelords. We've taken a nose dive deep into More Shonen than Shonen territory. I don't know if I'm going to get through it.

Animation is really nice though.

I'll repeat what I've said before, the only good to come out of blockchain was that one episode of Himote House.

And while I'm here, it turns out World's End Harem is literally KILL ALL MEN: The Anime. The kind of show Sinfest post-freakout would make.

GasBandit

Staff member
Each new episode lets Arifureta progressively put less effort into disguising the chuunibyou incel power fantasy it is. I don't know why I'm watching it. Maybe because there's just so little going on this season.

GasBandit

Staff member
Season 2 trailer for Shield Hero. Having kept mostly up to date with the Manga, I'm feeling pretty tepid about it.

The series for me ended before season 1 did.

And tbh I found the spirit tortoise arc to be kinda tedious.