[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
Sad to say, Realist Hero has turned... tedious. I suppose an anime rooted in civil service had to turn into a civics lecture at some point, and indeed, S02E11 had all the adventure and wonder of a public school textbook. I frequently have found my attention wandering as I've watched the last few episodes, and you know it's bad when even the harem aspects are bland and tiresome.

I don't know if it's the source material or the quality of the adaptation, but this series is floundering.

GasBandit

Staff member
"The World's Greatest Demon Lord Reborn as a Typical Nobody"

This is a direct ripoff of "Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!"

Only without the CGDCT factor, and trying to steal some of the Overlord/How Not To Summon/Demon Lord Retry/etc mojo as well.

Waiting to see if it gets better. So far it's pretty humdrum.

GasBandit

Staff member
Seriously, people won't leave this alone. I haven't seen this much hype for an anime theme since Shield Hero S1, and I think there's even more this time around.

GasBandit

Staff member
So far, "Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie" is pretty meh... or, "mid" I guess is the new word for things of this nature, according to that Gigguk video... but I'm hoping I'm smelling something under the surface that will lead to an interesting reveal later.

Episode 5 of Spy x Family was a real banger. Action scenes with Persona 5 style music, creative use of a toy gun and a fight scene between Loid and a drucken Yor. And Anya was incredible cute the whole time. I can't wait for the tennis tournament and the cruise ship arcs.