Things I hate

Oh yeah!

That QRay bracelet. And all that Pseudoscience bullshit. So everything Scientological, too. Including Tom Cruise.
The big thing here lately has been essential oils. I like them for the smell, generally. I do think there is some connotation between scent and emotion. I use lavender candles at night to help my kids relax. Does it work? Maybe. It's part of their bedtime routine, so maybe it's just a signal that it is time to wind down the evening. It smells nice though.

However, to say taking a certain blend of essential oils is going to prevent illness and disease is just irresponsible. It makes me more angry that a friend I made on the island who sells this stuff has a degree in microbiology. She is making claims based on pseudoscience, like essential oil blends can cure MRSA and cancer. What the-everloving-fuck! Her college should revoke her degree IMO.

Edited to clarify that the claims are for taking essential oils internally, not applying them to the skin like perfume.

I don't like cake, chocolate chip cookies, or ice cream.

In all instances I find cheesecake, oatmeal raisin, and gelato to be superior in every way.

fade

Staff member
That reminds me--and I am NOT directing this at WasabiPoptart, because she did not do this--I hate when people brag about their non-mainstream life choices. No one cares at best, and at worst you're implying everyone else made a poor choice when you rave about how much better your life is. I have had arguments with people who insist the latter is not true, they're just talking about themselves. But that's impossible. You cannot talk about how bad something is without implying that it's a poor decision. And you can't add "for me" to the end of that sentence like a magical salve, either. That doesn't work.

Game maintenance that starts before I get home from work and doesn't end until after I've already gone to bed.

Double hate when it's a cold, windy, rainy day.

Pinky Paradise.

Everyone raves about you but you've been nothing but trouble for me. I really hate you. I wish you weren't one of the only companies to sell colored contacts in my prescription.

Game maintenance that starts before I get home from work and doesn't end until after I've already gone to bed.

Double hate when it's a cold, windy, rainy day.
But Blizzard game maintenance has been on Tuesdays since forever! I feel after this many years it's too late to bitch about it. ;)

But Blizzard game maintenance has been on Tuesdays since forever! I feel after this many years it's too late to bitch about it. ;)
The only day I get off work EVERY week is Tuesday.
It's like they know I have chores or something.

--Patrick

I hate the spider that i let live yesterday.

I carefully swept you into a tupperware container, even after you evaded it multiple times and ran over my foot. I was terrified, but did not slaughter you.

After I caught you, I briefly considered flushing you down the toilet, or possibly setting the container, and incidentally you, on fire but I did not.

When I placed you outside between the palm plants on the mulch, I felt good about myself. I overcame my hatred for your kind for a brief moment and I even allowed a small smile to creep on my face.

So when that lizard ran out from under the bush and devoured you in less than 5 seconds in front of my own eyes, thus erasing all the work I had just done to preserve your life, despite your terrible crime of breaking the social human-spider contract of entering my home, I realized I should have just squashed your miserable body and saved myself the trouble.

Jerk.

People who hurt animals maliciously
Students who ask me for information that is in the instructions that they should be reading anyway
Students who ask me the same thing over and over in the hopes that I'll change my mind (not a good move; if I change my mind, it won't be in their favour)
-40F/C with wind
Haggis

GasBandit

Staff member

I carefully swept you into a tupperware container, even after you evaded it multiple times and ran over my foot. I was terrified, but did not slaughter you.

After I caught you, I briefly considered flushing you down the toilet, or possibly setting the container, and incidentally you, on fire but I did not.

When I placed you outside between the palm plants on the mulch, I felt good about myself. I overcame my hatred for your kind for a brief moment and I even allowed a small smile to creep on my face.

So when that lizard ran out from under the bush and devoured you in less than 5 seconds in front of my own eyes, thus erasing all the work I had just done to preserve your life, despite your terrible crime of breaking the social human-spider contract of entering my home, I realized I should have just squashed your miserable body and saved myself the trouble.

Jerk.
My opinion on spiders is I'd rather have the spider in the house than whatever the spider is eating.

Of course, my tolerance has limits. See past posts in the "not so funny pic" thread for details.

Jerk.

Just as an aside, placing a spider you find inside outdoors is not sparing its life. You're moving it from its habitat, and it will now likely starve to death or get eaten by a lizard.

Just squish the bastards. They knew what they were doing when they became visible, which is strictly against the human/spider alliance agreement.

Just as an aside, placing a spider you find inside outdoors is not sparing its life. You're moving it from its habitat, and it will now likely starve to death or get eaten by a lizard.

Just squish the bastards. They knew what they were doing when they became visible, which is strictly against the human/spider alliance agreement.
It was a wolf spider. Try tend to line the perimeter of my house outside. If It happens to rain, they'll start climbing the walls. Probably got in when I had the garage door open the other day.

My opinion on spiders is I'd rather have the spider in the house than whatever the spider is eating.

Of course, my tolerance has limits. See past posts in the "not so funny pic" thread for details.
I'm content to let spiders live..unless they're one of the more noxious varieties, like black widow or brown recluse. My wife, on the other hand, is on the "kill it with fire" side of the argument.

We have so many red ants around our yard that we can never get rid of because the HOA won't exterminate the fuckers in the open space, that I am perfectly content to let the spiders live in my house. Unless they drop on my face or something, then fuck them.