This is America

A cell is a 3D printer, taking its build instructions from DNA.

But I suspect a DNA printed car would be... moist...

GasBandit

Staff member
"You are not special."

Heh... "You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

/YouDon'tTalkAboutScandinavia

Hey, anything can become dystopian is taken to extremes...

Like, imagine a place that's so engrossed in the myth of being special that they elect a conman that simply appeals to their assholishness and make them feel like it's right to indulge in it? Good thing that's just some fiction i came up with...
Monorail!

The fact that he even songifies the Patreon pitch at the end shows that he has that high level of creativity that usually requires medication to survive.
This video was also a hint, but I just expect it now with people who are that level of driven to create stuff.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey all I’m saying is that inspiration and medication almost always seem to walk together, with the people at the low end of the scale taking meds to increase their creativity, and those at the high end taking meds to control it.

—Patrick
Yes, but it is gauche to point it out in such a way.

Don't Have Lunch Money? A Pennsylvania School District Threatens Foster Care
Dozens of families in Pennsylvania received an alarming letter from their public school district this month informing parents that if their kid's lunch debt was not settled, their child could be removed from their home and placed in foster care.
Well, I suppose when your district ends up $22k in the hole due to providing meals, that could inspire you to take drastic measures, even if others might call you a little draconian, but those bills gotta get paid, right?

[24 HOURS PASS...]

Pennsylvania Schools Deny La Colombe CEO's Offer to Cover Costs After Threat of Foster Care Over Unpaid Lunches
Todd Carmichael, chief executive and co-founder of Philadelphia-based La Colombe Coffee, said he offered to give Wyoming Valley West School District $22,000 to wipe out bills that generated the recent warning letter to parents.
But school board President Joseph Mazur rejected the offer during a phone conversation Monday. Mazur argued that money is owed by parents who can afford to pay.
So it's...not about the money, then? This...this is all about the parents respektin' your authori-tay, isn't it.

Dude, you keep up with this attitude, and you are going to be out on your ass faster'n you can say "Not everyone believes the Holocaust happened."

--Patrick

Last edited:
What he needs to do is park right outside of school ground, in view of the principal's office, money in hand, and just hand it over to the parents who then go to pay the bills at the school... all while maintaining eye contact.

What he needs to do is park right outside of school ground, in view of the principal's office, money in hand, and just hand it over to the parents who then go to pay the bills at the school... all while maintaining eye contact.
This may be the most erotic thing I've ever read on Halforums.

This is America. Back to School Edition.
Yes, we are embroiled in the school supply shopping thing right now.
I remember a time when seeing "Impermeable" on a kid's backpack just meant it was waterproof and you lived close to Canada.

--Patrick

I vaguely recall that there were three different lockdowns of schools in MPS last year. And there was that whole thing I relayed about getting asked "what do you do" in a situation.