Trucker Convoy Protest 2022

Wouldn't it just be easier to genetically engineer the bees to inject vaccine instead of bee venom? I mean, since the scientists are so ultra-science-y and stuff.

--Patrick

Edmonton finally put a stop to a (counter) convoy protest. Immediately in fact.

LOL. ACAB. Abolish the police.

There had been general calls for a convoy etc in Brussels starting today.
There have been more delays and issues on highways due to the police filter blockades to stop the convoys, than from the actual convoys themselves.
They're now trying to switch to an "alternative" form of protest, by deliberately driving (extremely) slowly on the ring roads and highways since that's easier to do with very few people (5 cars side-by-side driving 10 kph will pretty much block a highway, after all). Sadly, driving slower than 70kph without cause on the highway is illegal in Belgium, and frankly, we never reach 70 during peak hours anyway, so....Not much of an impact :rofl:
There's 60 vehicles on the parking where they were allowed to gather, mostly vans and motorhomes. Oh, and about 120 cars belonging to journalists coming to watch. Supposedly some 600 people are in a Discord group trying to coordinate protests, but so far, it's been beyond pathetic. I mean, the yearly student march on city hall causes more trouble than this.

These fucking morons were so good at protesting for the everyman of Canada that now Canadians are overwhelmingly in support of the federal government invoking the Emergencies Act which gives the RCMP a terrible amount of no oversight power.

I hate everything.

HOPEFULLY, the emergency powers are short term to deal with this nonsense and it's not abused (LOL, yeah, I can barely say that with a straight face).

On the otter hand, it's kind of a smart move rather than just calling in the military. Because these assholes WANT a big, violent confrontation. They're begging for it because it plays right into their hands. Hitting then where it hurts, in impounding their trucks - their livelihood - is a better, peaceful tactic. Hopefully it works.

GasBandit

Staff member
From what I've been reading, communication venues between the flutruxklan protesters are being disrupted by pretenders coming in and acting trollishly, spamming Ram Ranch or advising them that there's an american organization supporting them by helping them with insurance and funds called the Lemon Party and they should google it to learn more about how they can get assistance, and other such things. It has apparently brought the signal to noise ratio down to almost nothing.

Here they are fighting with kids. Apparently both school and police officials just let a bunch of them hang around a school and shout at high school kids who have, shockingly, had enough.

Oh and the Ottawa police chief has resigned.

Yeah man, imagine a world where Martin Luther King got arrested, wow can you even imagine? Then we’d never have that important document “Letter from Birmingham Holiday Inn.”

just the dumbest fucking people

figmentPez

Staff member
So they think it was letters to a Montgomery Jail?
These racist asshats don't know shit about MLK aside from his name. If you asked them about the letters you'd have to wait a minute for their brains to struggle with new information, and they'd still probably say something about how "MLK didn't write letters because slaves weren't taught how to read."

This is the most boring overwhelming show of force. They made a zone around the protests and slowly shrink the zone and slowly arrest and seize vehicles as the zone shrinks.

Honestly the right way to do it though it's wholly because the cops don't want to be there and not because they're actually doing their job right. Lots of Americans think that fucking Tiananmen Square North is happening right now according to Twitter.

Reactions: Far

GasBandit

Staff member
Give your balls a tug titfucker that's a pure Ontario accent. Fucking 10 ply eh, like fuck I wish you weren't so fucking awkward bud.
Ok, I recognize THAT as an Alberta accent... but just out of academic curiosity, what regional accent do the McKenzie brothers have?

Ontario hick accent too.

Most stereotypical Canadian accents are from Ontario, Quebec or Newfoundland. You want a stereotypical Albertan accent, just listen to Bret Hart bitch and moan.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ontario hick accent too.

Most stereotypical Canadian accents are from Ontario, Quebec or Newfoundland. You want a stereotypical Albertan accent, just listen to Bret Hart bitch and moan.
I watched a lot of Canadian-produced shows as a kid, so I just was inculcated to think they were "American" accents.