[Brazelton] Twitter

So I assume this means that Elon tried to demand money from Sony for "letting" them integrate Twitter on PS & this is them slapping him down.
Or it means the integration stopped working or realied on something that needs updating, and nobody's left who knows how.

Oh yeah. Bluesky codes. Take them if you want but I’ll give them away if they aren’t taken, not that I’ve found any takers.

1699304897358.png

In regards to the above:
Musk responded that the advertising boycott is likely to kill the company. "What this advertising boycott is going to do is it's going to kill the company, and the whole world will know that those advertisers killed the company and we will document it in great detail," Musk said.

When Sorkin pointed out that advertisers see things differently, Musk replied, "oh yeah? Tell it to Earth." Sorkin continued: "They're going to say, Elon, that you killed the company because you said these things and they were inappropriate things and they didn't feel comfortable on the platform. That's what they're going to say."
Musk: "No, it is the advertisers who are wrong."

--Patrick

Watch this one while you still can:

--Patrick
Ah, so we've reached the stage where Musk goes scorched earth to try & shift the blame to someone else when Twitter inevitably collapses, rather than be forced to face his own incompetence. Bets on Twitter making it to 2024?

I still feel like Twitter shutting down has been part of the plan. Even if not from Elon himself, likely his backers from Saudi Arabia that invested in him to buy it were hoping for that outcome. Can't have another Arab Spring without a popular platform to help drive it.

I still feel like Twitter shutting down has been part of the plan. Even if not from Elon himself, likely his backers from Saudi Arabia that invested in him to buy it were hoping for that outcome. Can't have another Arab Spring without a popular platform to help drive it.
Maybe, but the only reason other platforms aren't taking off is because Twitter is still around. If it can't operate, do you think brands, influencers, and celebrities are gonna just... not engage with people again? Or do you think they'll just move to another platform.

Really, it's entirely likely something like WhatsApp or BlueSky just becomes the new go to. Then we'll see if anyone learned anything.

You're ascribing too much thought to this. He made a ketamine fueled joke decision and he's been flailing for both validation and admiration since. Look at the way his hands were absolutely trembling when he told Bob Iger to go fuck himself. Immediately regretting his words. He's a child throwing a tantrum.

Everyone I followed on Twitter, except wrestling Twitter fortunately, has moved over to Bluesky now thankfully. Not as active as Twitter was but that's a plus.

Last edited:
still feel like Twitter shutting down has been part of the plan. Even if not from Elon himself, likely his backers from Saudi Arabia that invested in him to buy it were hoping for that outcome.
Saudi already owned a lot of twitter. Their investment was just deciding not to sell their stake to Elon.

Dave

Staff member
Buying Twitter was his Glass Onion moment. It's when people realized he wasn't a genius who was successful at so many things, he was an idiot clown with too much money that took credit for the hard work of others, buying their companies and taking credit.

figmentPez

Staff member
Some people realized that he's an idiot, but there's a whole lot of others who still think he's a genius and a champion of free speech.

Dave

Staff member
Some people realized that he's an idiot, but there's a whole lot of others who still think he's a genius and a champion of free speech.
He allows them to say their racist, misogynist, and anti-Semitic shit without repercussions. Out loud and without having to look around first.