Video Game News and Miscellany

Leave it to Konami to put out a collection of decades old Ninja Turtles roms and charge more than the new Ninja Turtles game.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what the full story is here, but it's good to see Fanatical pulling that bundle and apologizing.

Edit: and an article about the game:

Grounded 1.0 is out September 27, if you've been waiting for it to come out of Early Access. It's available on Game Pass, too.

If anyone here is planning on jumping into it, invite me along. I'll gladly help smash some bugs with you.

Cyberpunk says hello.
(It might be better now but it will be forever known as a broken piece of shit. I still haven't played it.)
I have played it, and I didn't like it even outside of the bugs. I hated the story, which didn't seem to understand what the punk in cyberpunk means, and no amount of bug fixing will fix that

Edit: soundtrack is real good though. A lot of great art was made for that game that the writers and developers couldn't live up to.

I have played it, and I didn't like it even outside of the bugs. I hated the story, which didn't seem to understand what the punk in cyberpunk means, and no amount of bug fixing will fix that

Edit: soundtrack is real good though. A lot of great art was made for that game that the writers and developers couldn't live up to.
The ego on the studio was through the roof. There was a quote one of them said "We made The Witcher 3. Everything will be fine." As if that automatically meant their next game would be just as great.

My dirty little secret is that I've never been able to get into the Witcher games. I've tried to play Witcher 3 like three times now, and I lost steam every time after a couple of hours.

I'm guessing Cyberpunk 2077 won't be my thing either.

It's not for people who played Witcher 3 and enjoyed it either.

Aside from being high on their one fame one mistake was calling the game a rpg. I don't believe they will pull a No Man's Sky and patch it to become the game they advertised. It's probably a write-off for them by now.

The ego on the studio was through the roof. There was a quote one of them said "We made The Witcher 3. Everything will be fine." As if that automatically meant their next game would be just as great.
Oh yeah there was mismanagement all around. But you can tell whoever the writers were for the storyline don't know what punk is and have rather conservative (small c) ideas about society.

My experience with the game:

Game: The digital ghost of a bisexual punk rock terrorist is in your head and wants you to burn down society

Me: fuck yeah!

Game: no no, you're supposed to be against this. Look, to prove he's a bad person here's a flashback where he performs a concert, gets his dick sucked backstage, then firebombs a corpo building

Me: this guy is the fucking coolest let's go

Game: *sighs* look we're going to railroad you away from this until you come to your senses

Oh yeah there was mismanagement all around. But you can tell whoever the writers were for the storyline don't know what punk is and have rather conservative (small c) ideas about society.

My experience with the game:

Game: The digital ghost of a bisexual punk rock terrorist is in your head and wants you to burn down society

Me: fuck yeah!

Game: no no, you're supposed to be against this. Look, to prove he's a bad person here's a flashback where he performs a concert, gets his dick sucked backstage, then firebombs a corpo building

Me: this guy is the fucking coolest let's go

Game: *sighs* look we're going to railroad you away from this until you come to your senses
I totally stopped playing when the big reveal was
He was like a virus in your brain and it was either you or him.
It was such a let down from all the "keanu is in the game!" hype. I wanted to play as him, or have him on my team or something. I just couldn't go on much from that. Up until that point, I was enjoying the game.

I totally stopped playing when the big reveal was
He was like a virus in your brain and it was either you or him.
It was such a let down from all the "keanu is in the game!" hype. I wanted to play as him, or have him on my team or something. I just couldn't go on much from that. Up until that point, I was enjoying the game.
So basically after the botched mission?

GasBandit

Staff member
I signed up for the Darktide beta, naturally.

They have a survey you fill out with your hardware specs.

MFW the radio buttons for intel processors only go back as far as 7th generation, and I'm still sitting here pretty on an i7-4770k (4th gen)

MFW the radio buttons for intel processors only go back as far as 7th generation, and I'm still sitting here pretty on an i7-4770k (4th gen)
I have felt this same sort of pain on many occasions.
Mostly from phone survey people:
Them: "Hi! What kind of computer/OS do you use?"
Me: "...yes?"

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Stadia is being "deprioritized" by Google, may shut down in the future

While rumors that Stadia would be dead by the end of summer have been denied by Google, it isn't clear just how long Stadia will last with Google switching it's priorities to "white label" streaming services (providing the tech to other brands, like AT&T and Peleton).

This should really come as no surprise to anyone familiar with Google, but I imagine the fanboys who said that it was safe to buy games on Stadia, because Google would support them forever, are plugging their ears right now and going into denial mode.

figmentPez

Staff member

Direct link to IGN article

Nexus Mods also made clear that it will take similar action against any similar cases in the future, stating that "we are for inclusivity, we are for diversity" and, as a private business, "we have a right to choose what content we do and do not want to host on our platform."

"We don't want to and won't argue this with you. We've now explained our stance and we won't be providing a platform for you to distort our position in order to feed an irrational and paranoid narrative. You can do that elsewhere, where we won't care enough to read it.

"If this policy upsets you, if we've broken some moral code of conduct as a business that you can't accept, then please, delete your account and move on, as we will."

I understand Nexus' decision not to support such mods, but an outright ban for doing it seems unnecessarily harsh. It's not like Pride flags were replaced with Nazi flags or something. The default in the game is 100% a great inclusivity thing, that I feel represents NYC as whole, but if someone just wants American flags everywhere on their own modded copy, what's the big deal? I wouldn't say that warrants a full ban - just a removal of the mod from Nexus. I dunno, it seems like we're towing a line here - especially since the opposite is allowed. I've seen mods released where everything is decked in Pride stuff - including ol' Spidey. Again, cool. I'm all for that, but it'd be interesting to see if a modder that removed all churches (for example) in NYC would get the same treatment...

Cities Skylines: Plazas & Promenades DLC

This is interesting for the addition of pedestrian streets. So you could potentially have car-free areas of your city.

I'm guessing this will also give you the option to create commercial areas similar to their parks and industrial DLCs.

I understand Nexus' decision not to support such mods, but an outright ban for doing it seems unnecessarily harsh. It's not like Pride flags were replaced with Nazi flags or something. The default in the game is 100% a great inclusivity thing, that I feel represents NYC as whole, but if someone just wants American flags everywhere on their own modded copy, what's the big deal? I wouldn't say that warrants a full ban - just a removal of the mod from Nexus. I dunno, it seems like we're towing a line here - especially since the opposite is allowed. I've seen mods released where everything is decked in Pride stuff - including ol' Spidey. Again, cool. I'm all for that, but it'd be interesting to see if a modder that removed all churches (for example) in NYC would get the same treatment...
I can tell you the site is still full of incredibly racist mods made to erase all POC from games and shit like that and has been for years, which is why I sideeye the shit out of this.

Meanwhile, in other news:

1661182350316.png

Oof.

Nexus official line on it is that the mod alone wouldn't have warranted an outright ban, only a removal of the mod in question, except that the mod author created a throwaway account just for this mod.

They feel that this is an admission that the author knew it as wrong, did it anyway, and created a sock puppet account to try to avoid any punishment on it. That's what the ban is for - the attempt to avoid responsibilty.

Of course whether you believe Nexus on this, or whether you believe that this would still not justify a ban is ymmv.