WandaVision Spoiler Thread

The only thing people are mad about with the last episode is they think Paul Bettany trolled them all.

Paul said in an interview that he got to work with an actor he wanted to work with all his life while filming WandaVision, leading to dozens of theories from Patrick Stewart to Dick Van Dyke. Now with the reveal of White Vision they are pretty sure he was talking about working with himself.

White Vision is the Vision of my childhood. Like brown Wolverine. I kind of hope super power reconstructed Vision does end up merging with Vision corpse.

Brown Wolverine is best Wolverine btws.

TRAGEDY!

1614394178246.png

1614394296892.png

Idk I thought that episode was weak. It was just a bunch of flashbacks to stuff that was pretty strongly implied with no real addition. Like, I already knew she was sad about her family being killed, and it was obvious the sitcoms were childhood memories without it being shown. Not to mention they completely dropped the sitcom format which made it stand out in the first place. I feel like they could've done a similar exposition episode but in the style of a fake clip show or behind the scenes "documentary" or something. It just was lazy to me.

Something I realized: the finale is going to have some the third act of most MCU movies have, and a common criticism: fighting an evil version of themselves. Wanda vs Agnes and Vision vs White Vision. It's a minor nitpick, but for all the uniqueness of the show, it's a little disappointing that's what it'll boil down to.

Idk I thought that episode was weak. It was just a bunch of flashbacks to stuff that was pretty strongly implied with no real addition. Like, I already knew she was sad about her family being killed, and it was obvious the sitcoms were childhood memories without it being shown. Not to mention they completely dropped the sitcom format which made it stand out in the first place. I feel like they could've done a similar exposition episode but in the style of a fake clip show or behind the scenes "documentary" or something. It just was lazy to me.
Remember, while a lot of this is no doubt extremely obvious for fans and is known all over reddit and such, they do want to appeal to people who have never read a comic, too.
I'm debating watching it, but my wife really doesn't know anything outside of the movies and the first few seasons of Agents of Shield. I'm pretty sure if I ask her who Wanda from the Avengers is, she'll say it's Scarlett Johanson's character. I might get annoyed with too obvious a recap, and while I haven't seen it I think I'll agree with you they couldn't handled it in a more unique way, but recaps really do matter.

Remember, while a lot of this is no doubt extremely obvious for fans and is known all over reddit and such, they do want to appeal to people who have never read a comic, too.
I'm much closer to the latter category than the former. They've referenced her dead parents multiple times.

I agree with @blotsfan. I don't know a whole lot about Marvel outside the movies (when they did the big villain reveal, I had to Google to find out who Agatha Harkness is). The last episode just didn't do anything for me. I think the first flashback revealing that the TV shows reminded her of her childhood and family was enough. The rest of the flashbacks just came across as an info dump (with a hint of fanservice), and since there wasn't a solid story to carry it I don't even remember much of what was dumped on us. Sitcoms remind Wanda of happier times, there was stuff, and then we find out Wanda didn't steal Vision's body.

If they were trying to do the annoying 'clip show' that TV shows used to do, then I guess they succeeded?

It was supposed to be a clip show that tied up all the big questions about Wanda and WandaVision before the finale. I think if they threw in more shots of Agatha or Wanda peering into old scenes from the MCU movies, it would have tied the intention together a lot better then it did though. It's framing was rooted so much in the MCU reality that you forget we are still going off television tropes, this episode being the "Let's look back on this characters life." trope that was often the plot of a lot of clip shows.

I'm going to respectfully disagree, because of one scene: the beginning of Wanda and Vision's relationship in the compound. We had never seen what actually brought the two together in the first place. It just jumped to them being madly in love at the start of Infinity War. Even the scenes in CA: CW seemed like Vision suddenly cared for Wanda a great deal, with no explanation as to why. Sure, there were some subtle hints about a blooming romance... but it still felt like it came out of the blue. Seeing Wanda grieving for Pietro and having Vision's shoulder to cry on gave us a beautiful (IMO) scene showing how grief and loss led her to find love in a place she did not expect. That scene alone made the episode worth it. That, and seeing the deed he had given her for the home.

I do understand your point of view, as the childhood and HYDRA parts felt unnecessary. But the rest was good!

EDIT: And Vision talking about never having anyone in his life! That showed much more depth to his character that we didn’t have before.

Last edited:
I think there's two ways to look at the episode. On one hand, if you're more interested in plot development or actions sequences, this episode will be kind of a letdown. On the other hand, there is a lot of character building and emotional development going on in the episode.

A lot of what we know about Wanda up until WandaVision has been through what we know about her from the comics. She hasn't been considered one of the main Avengers, so she hasn't gotten the spotlight like Tony or Cap. We've known enough about her story to keep the main plot moving along, but not much else. A lot of the past episode isn't giving things we didn't already know, but how the felt and impacted Wanda. Her pain has been weaponized throughout her appearances in the MCU, but it's never been dealt with. Not to mention, her relationship with Vision and WHY they connected was never really explored. We just assumed it was meant to be, because, comics. Her creation of the Westview Hex, as it turns out, is a direct effect of the traumas she's been through, but therapy, in a way. An unhealthy way, as we've found out, but it seems that's because she's never been given a heathly outlet, except for her realtionship with Vision.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume this emotional infodump will have a lot to do in the finale. It wasn't the most exciting episode, but I think it may have more importance than we know yet. (Maybe.)

Honestly, the only scene I felt was not needed was the Agatha origin scene. For a episode focusing on Wanda almost entirely, it felt out of place to just start the whole thing with Agatha. We know Agatha is a witch. We know she likely isn't a good one, or at least being influenced by someone evil. We didn't need to see her suck the life out of her mom to get that point. The dialogue she had with Wanda did that.

Honestly, the only scene I felt was not needed was the Agatha origin scene. For a episode focusing on Wanda almost entirely, it felt out of place to just start the whole thing with Agatha. We know Agatha is a witch. We know she likely isn't a good one, or at least being influenced by someone evil. We didn't need to see her suck the life out of her mom to get that point. The dialogue she had with Wanda did that.
I'm wondering if there's some sort of significance to Agatha's mothers brooch. It seemed like they were making a point of showing her taking it after killing her mother. If that does end up being important in the final episode it could explain this scene - if they didn't want to introduce it on the same episode that it ends up being important in, but couldn't show it before they'd established Agatha as being a witch then this was really the only place that scene could go.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of significance to Agatha's mothers brooch. It seemed like they were making a point of showing her taking it after killing her mother. If that does end up being important in the final episode it could explain this scene - if they didn't want to introduce it on the same episode that it ends up being important in, but couldn't show it before they'd established Agatha as being a witch then this was really the only place that scene could go.
I think the scene is pretty simply just to establish that Agatha is an incredibly powerful and dangerous witch, and yet she's still small potatoes compared to Wanda, who is doing magic she could only ever dream of without even thinking about it.

I liked the flashback episode.
I still think Wanda is going to have to lose something big before the end. Either she will have to give up her kids to bring down the hex and she’ll be able to merge the two visions and at least keep him, or she’ll have to see Vision die again but find a way to keep her kids.

I liked the flashback episode.
I still think Wanda is going to have to lose something big before the end. Either she will have to give up her kids to bring down the hex and she’ll be able to merge the two visions and at least keep him, or she’ll have to see Vision die again but find a way to keep her kids.
I still think it's going to come down to her sacrificing herself so Vision and the kids can both live, fully knowing she will be forever alone.

But then how can she be in Dr Strange 2?
A sacrifice does not need to end in death. All we know about Dr Strange 2 is that it involves the multiverse, and Wanda exiling herself to another dimension means Dr Strange can find / stumble into her while doing his own multiverse adventures. It ties her into the story and allows her to have a bit of a bitter sweet ending because she finally has her family but will be unable to be with them.

Watched Episode 8 again and I'm really feeling that Agatha Harkness is a good guy, working with Stephen Strange to help Wanda through these issues - or maybe that's my hope. Her only two 'bad guy indicators' are the fourth-wall break of "And I killed Sparky" and, well, obviously the strangling of the 'kids' at the end of Episode 8. The way she was phrasing things felt very trauma-discovery, very therapeutic and not necessarily antagonistic. More trying to get to the root of issues and to assist Wanda in finding solutions. I'd be VERY pleased if what comes out of episode 9 isn't a big giant battle between Wanda and Agatha but a team up of all of our wizardly/witchly friends against a common foe in White Vision, Nightmare, Mephisto, Mordo, whoever is the 'big bad'.

Watched Episode 8 again and I'm really feeling that Agatha Harkness is a good guy, working with Stephen Strange to help Wanda through these issues - or maybe that's my hope. Her only two 'bad guy indicators' are the fourth-wall break of "And I killed Sparky" and, well, obviously the strangling of the 'kids' at the end of Episode 8. The way she was phrasing things felt very trauma-discovery, very therapeutic and not necessarily antagonistic. More trying to get to the root of issues and to assist Wanda in finding solutions. I'd be VERY pleased if what comes out of episode 9 isn't a big giant battle between Wanda and Agatha but a team up of all of our wizardly/witchly friends against a common foe in White Vision, Nightmare, Mephisto, Mordo, whoever is the 'big bad'.
Yeah, like I think I've said before here, once Marvel decided to boost/change/add that Wanda also had Chaos magic, Agatha taught here to control it. And, if not *currently* in the MCU, she was trusted to be Franklin Richard's nanny.
It's been awhile and I don't trust WIKI too much, but she's the 'brakes and teacher' to people too young or unexpectedly ramping up to Cosmic Power levels.

IF she is a good guy then I don't think they will be able to adequately explain the shit she's done. She's been pretty aggressive with her tactics here and taking WAY too much joy in it.

"So I was like, driving past this town called Westview, right, and I saw all these two- or three-story detached houses, but you know me, I'm more of a bungalow guy, 'cause my grandma used to live in a bungalow so every time I visited her the whole house was filled with the smell of her amazing food, so bungalows are associated with good memories for me, you know? So outside the town there were all these cars and structures and FBI agents, but that made me real uncomfortable because I haven't had many good interactions with law enforcement, so I thought maybe I should stay away, but there was also this weird energy shield that kinda reminded me of that giant dome from the Simpsons movie, hey did I ever tell you about that time I saw the Simpsons movie five times in one day? I snuck into a movie theater and hid there all day. But anyway, one of the agents comes over, and it's Agent Woo from that time Scott was under house arrest, and he says, "Yo, you're not supposed to be here, get out of here immediately." And I was like, "Hey man I don't want to be here anyway, I'm gone." But then the whole shield thing started expanding, you know, kinda like when you blow up a balloon, and suddenly it swallows me and I find myself inside the town, and then everything's black and white..."

I'm really hoping to see some elements from other sitcoms as Wanda's world continues to unravel. And I mean the kinds of sitcoms that she probably wouldn't have liked because so many of the characters were grouchy and antisocial. She tries to go back to the '70s setting and finds herself in a cramped, dumpy-looking house. And then she sees Vision sitting in an armchair and smoking a cigar. Wanda starts to break down and Vision just frowns and says "aww jeez, Wanda. Will you stifle yourself?" Or she says something that surprises Vision and he clutches his chest, waves his arm, and cries out "this is the big one, Elizabeth! I'm coming to join you, honey!"

I feel like with one episode left and movies to set up and plots to wrap up that the sitcom motif is done.

That's my cynical Marvel take.