Wanna do some 2021 Happy Dookmas stuff?

Wow, those doomies are well trained! I usually get my packages and mail about 6pm, which is annoying.
This morning, I was awakened by my phone dinging to let me know there was a package to pick up...at 6:40 am!
So I went down to the amazon locker on premises, and picked it up. Sure enough, it was from my Secret Santa!
There were only two gift messages for 3 gifts, so I feel that one might be missing...and there's no indication of who my Santa is, but thank you so much!
First two gifts scratch my creative itches:
20211123_095930.jpg

A Harry Potter crochet pattern book! I just recently put this on my wishlist and now that I'm moving away from kits, I'm really excited to give some of these a try. That sorting hat really sold it for me :D

20211123_095933.jpg

The second gift was an air fryer cookbook! I have an air fryer, but I only use it for a few things. Hopefully, this cookbook will help me expand my repertoire. My Santa asked for me to provide photographic proof of use in the Dinner thread, and I absolutely will :D

You can also see my third gift sitting atop the cookbook....a little brass mantid. Here he is nestled on the shelf with all my other small insect tchatchkes

20211123_100006.jpg

Thank you so much Santa..I love them all!

Wow, those doomies are well trained! I usually get my packages and mail about 6pm, which is annoying.
This morning, I was awakened by my phone dinging to let me know there was a package to pick up...at 6:40 am!
So I went down to the amazon locker on premises, and picked it up. Sure enough, it was from my Secret Santa!
There were only two gift messages for 3 gifts, so I feel that one might be missing...and there's no indication of who my Santa is, but thank you so much!
First two gifts scratch my creative itches:
View attachment 39521
A Harry Potter crochet pattern book! I just recently put this on my wishlist and now that I'm moving away from kits, I'm really excited to give some of these a try. That sorting hat really sold it for me :D

View attachment 39522
The second gift was an air fryer cookbook! I have an air fryer, but I only use it for a few things. Hopefully, this cookbook will help me expand my repertoire. My Santa asked for me to provide photographic proof of use in the Dinner thread, and I absolutely will :D

You can also see my third gift sitting atop the cookbook....a little brass mantid. Here he is nestled on the shelf with all my other small insect tchatchkes

View attachment 39523

Thank you so much Santa..I love them all!
Not as well trained as one might like. There were supposed to be four gifts (and three messages)!

Freddy, where is that final package?

1637685205223.png

Post automatically merged:

@jwhouk

If Freddy and his...co-conspirators can be trusted, you will be receiving 2 packages; one this Friday and one expected Dec 2nd.

Also, your best hint as to who your Santa is was in one of the messages you should have already received - the one with the Harry Potter book.

Also, your best hint as to who your Santa is was in one of the messages you should have already received - the one with the Harry Potter book.
The only other gift message is "I have nothing particularly funny to add to this one." They were all loose in the box with the items, so I was assuming it went with the mantid...
Edit: I just want to say, that's a lot of Christmas...more than required or expected. Again, thank you so much!

The only other gift message is "I have nothing particularly funny to add to this one." They were all loose in the box with the items, so I was assuming it went with the mantid...
That is, indeed, the message that went with the mantis.
The message with the book should have been:

"Please join us in making wool hats to free the house elves. Thank you. Personally, I hope there's a Hedwig figure to make :)
From SPEW"

We will launch a full investigation to discover who is responsible for this missing message.
It's Freddy. It's always Freddy.

A wild Amazon package has arrived. since I’m not showing one inbound from my Amazon, must be a Dookmas Secret Santa gift!
52F72BF9-BAAA-4D34-93A6-CBBFD25226B0.jpeg

Pull out the handy box cutter opener, and find this inside:
9CCF2399-DE72-4018-97DA-3F153312BD4E.jpeg

Thank you very much @evilmike ! This is an item I’ve looked at before, but just hadn’t gotten yet. It may be a few days before I get it assembled, my mother is currently in the hospital and I’m spending a lot of time up there.

Also also, after slapping Freddy about for a bit with a cartoon mallet, he has now confessed what he did and he's promised me the final package will be delivered tonight before 9PM.
It looks like it arrived with the mail, so I picked it up this morning.

20211124_085029.jpg

So awesome! I was really looking forward to hopefully getting this one. I thought about buying it myself several times, but determined to leave it on the wishlist until after Christmas. Thank you so much!

Let us know how the cuddling goes :)
These are all intermediate/advanced, so I'll probably have to save them for mid-year 2022 to work on..but I'm very much looking forward to it!

I have a beginner level faux-fur blanket I'm going to try soon which should get my feet wet on crocheting big blankets not in the round.

I thought I saw a doomie wearing a Christmas hat scampering away from my door, and there was a package! I'll wait for the second one before I post, but thank you, Secret Santa!

I thought I saw a doomie wearing a Christmas hat scampering away from my door, and there was a package! I'll wait for the second one before I post, but thank you, Secret Santa!
If you want to post now, you can. Up to you. The remaining gift is not from Amazon, and looks to arrive on Saturday.

As I went out onto my porch this morning, a wild Amazon package appeared! Unfortunately, there was no note inside, but there was a book from my Amazon wish list - Shorthanded: The Untold Story of the Seals, Hockey's Most Colorful Team by Brad Kurtzberg.

Pictures to follow.

EDIT - Pictures following:
IMG_2349.JPG

and
IMG_2350.JPG

Last edited: