Well, time for a new RSS reader...

I'm digging Feedly. It does a few things better than reader that make it easier to read my feeds. I'm not having any marked as read issues either.

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually, now I have to come back and say those issues are getting better, and even the e-mail link is working now... maybe it was just a congestion issue in the few days immediately following the google reader closure notice.

Feedly has switched over to their own servers now. One big thing they didn't grab from Google Reader was your history (they said it was just to much data to import) so unread counts are reset. It took me maybe 5 minutes to browse through what I hadn't read, then just mark the rest as read. Feedly has also announced that there will be support with Reeder down the road.

Hi friends,

After a week of testing and scaling, I'm happy to fully open Grip the RSS Reader to the public!

www.gripping.us

This beta version is aimed first and foremost at Google Reader users looking for a new home. And even if you’re not a Google Reader refugee, come on in! You can build up your list of sources or searching for feeds via the “Add” button.
Once you’re in, you’ll be able to:
- Speedily migrate your feeds and folders from Google Reader
- Use keyboard shortcuts, just like in Google Reader
- Read using either List or Expanded View
- Jump to a view of your most popular unread items (as calculated by the rapidly-evolving algorithms of our data scientist) by clicking Popular
- Share to Twitter and Facebook
- Search for feeds by clicking “Add” and typing the source name.

Please tell me what else add to future versions. Right now in mind i have facebook integration, social features stability issues.

cheers
chrisek

GasBandit

Staff member
Yep. Sorry, gripping, you missed your window. I'm now too invested (and have made too many changes to my feeds) in Feedly to be uprooted now by anything short of utter disaster or a feed tracker that has direct wireless prostate stimulation.

Yep. Sorry, gripping, you missed your window. I'm now too invested (and have made too many changes to my feeds) in Feedly to be uprooted now by anything short of utter disaster or a feed tracker that has direct wireless prostate stimulation.
That was pretty much my exact reaction.