BErt

...and he never posted in the "I just had sex" thread again. :p

Congrats Man!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Congratulations!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Dammit Jay, you can't have a baby. How are we gonna game together if you're changing diapers!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Jay is pregnant? :eek:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Jay is pregnant? :eek:
And Ravenpoe is the father!

Timmus

Timmus

Congratulations Jay and...Lady Jay?

strawman

strawman

I'm telling you man be careful. Once you pop, you can't stop...

Timmus

Timmus

I'm telling you man be careful. Once you pop, you can't stop...

Babies: Betcha can't eat just one.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Wait a minute. JAY is pregnant? Not his wife?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Congratulations, Jay and Mrs Jay! Here's the sign-up form for the Halforums Baby Army, to be filled in triplicate...

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Dammit Jay, you can't have a baby. How are we gonna game together if you're changing diapers!

This just means he can't make fun of my erratic/non-existant multiplayer gaming schedule because he will know how it works now.

Congratulations Jay! Make sure to instill the EA hate at an early age.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Surprise!!!

Adam

Adam

Awesome bud, congrats!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Incidentally, doesn't that word have an 'H' in it? Like, right after the 'W'?

strawman

strawman

Incidentally, doesn't that word have an 'H' in it? Like, right after the 'W'?
Only if you're referring to an actual whelp.

In this case welp is a version of "well" when there's nothing more to say.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now for the real question...

...boy or girl*?

--Patrick
*Or...other?

Dave

Dave

Congrats! You the man!

Jay

Jay

Holy crap, 30 alerts... and I forgot I posted this today.

With sticky fingers.

This just means he can't make fun of my erratic/non-existant multiplayer gaming schedule because he will know how it works now.

Congratulations Jay! Make sure to instill the EA hate at an early age.
Baby's name will be Shepard.

Now for the real question...

...boy or girl*?

--Patrick
*Or...other?
Hard to tell, she's only a few weeks pregnant... and the baby is probably the size of an orange seed.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Y'all multiply like rabbits.

Contratulations Jay.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Why is it when a woman gets pregnant all the ladies rub her belly and say congratulations, but no one rubs your dick and says good job?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Technically, they'd have to cup the balls unless people started rubbing pregnant women's vaginas.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Why is it when a woman gets pregnant all the ladies rub her belly and say congratulations, but no one rubs your dick and says good job?
You're right. We should all high five Jay's dick. Or at least shake his balls.

Hylian

Hylian

So you have testicular cancer?

j/k congrats :)

Bowielee

Bowielee

weirdestboner.jpg

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

people started rubbing pregnant women's vaginas.
Now that's something I can get behind!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Now that's something I can get behind!
It's something I can get into too!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congratulations, Jay! stienman don't you get a toaster or something after the 7th? It's something to look forward to... besides the precious bundle, that is.

Jay

Jay

You're right. We should all high five Jay's dick. Or at least shake his balls.
Get in line good Sir!

Also

cute-toy-story-typography-woody-Favim.com-295228.gif

Frank

Frank

Baby's eh?

Raise a good one Jaysef.

Congrats yo.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I like how this went from Jay's baby to cupping balls and rubbing a pregnant womans vagina then back to Jay's baby

Jay

Jay

My new avatar... who likes?

Timmus

Timmus

You're wife is gestating an avatar!?

I have so many questions I don't know where to begin.

bhamv3

bhamv3

You're wife is gestating an avatar!?

I have so many questions I don't know where to begin.
And avatars are combinations of human DNA and Na'vi DNA. Therefore, we must conclude that either Jay or his wife is a 10-foot blue alien.

Timmus

Timmus

And avatars are combinations of human DNA and Na'vi DNA. Therefore, we must conclude that either Jay or his wife is a 10-foot blue alien.
I hope it's his wife for her sake...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Those blue chicks were hot.

Timmus

Timmus

Those blue chicks were hot.

I'd hit that...with a stepladder.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Oh shit... Avatar just turned me into a furry.

Timmus

Timmus

Oh shit... Avatar just turned me into a furry.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I should accept my fursona

*I wonder how much we can derail Jay's huge news

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I should accept my fursona

bhamv3

bhamv3

Well, I know what my nightmares are going to be about tonight.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hard to tell, she's only a few weeks pregnant... and the baby is probably the size of an orange seed.
From little acorns, and all that.

--Patrick

Timmus

Timmus

HOLY SHIT! JAY'S HAVING A TREE!?

Emrys

Emrys

Timmus, honey, we need to talk...

Jay

Jay

Yes, I'm planting my seed.

/rr martin

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

HOLY SHIT! JAY'S HAVING A TREE!?
No no. His wife really likes oranges.

Gusto

Gusto

Yes, I'm planting my seed.

/rr martin
I'm now gonna refer to you by your new title, Mother of Dragons.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Baby's name will be Shepard.

Too aweseome... I salute you sir :)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Too aweseome... I salute you sir :)
That's Mr. Shepard Mal Canuck to you.

BTW Congrats Jay!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Well congratulations! This is good news. Let there be feasting and celebration throughout the kingdom!

Jay

Jay

Much obliged people.

Now I have mostly received the congratulatory comments by the good folk of Halforums, now one has to ask.... what will change in this humble man's life?

strawman

strawman

Make a list of the top three activities you enjoy. Now stop doing two of them.

Jay

Jay

1. Posting constructive and positive things on Halforums.
2. Cooking new recipes.
3. Sexual things.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

1. Posting constructive and positive things on Halforums.
2. Cooking new recipes.
3. Sexual things.
You're going to really miss the bedroom and kitchen...

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Much obliged people.

Now I have mostly received the congratulatory comments by the good folk of Halforums, now one has to ask.... what will change in this humble man's life?

Your multiplayer gaming schedule will be like mine... welcome to the brotherhood!

Also, you must master the art of the quickie. Children are merciless cockblockers.

Jay

Jay

Not if they aren't tied next to the water heater in the garage.

PatrThom

PatrThom

what will change in this humble man's life?
Well, assuming everything comes out all right...

…your schedule will be disrupted.
…the Government will expect certain things of you.
…you will become responsible for things you don't control.
…you will need to learn to budget.
…you will buy a big pile of crap that you will use for one year and then throw away, and every year, you will buy another pile.
…everything of value to you will be in constant danger of being destroyed.

But seriously, the biggest change in your life? You will have to always consider what's best for somebody else ahead of yourself. Every time. Otherwise, you aren't doing it right.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You will have to always consider what's best for somebody else ahead of yourself.
Fuck that, I'm never having kids.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Zappit

Zappit

And if we track the chain of events that led to this, it will invariably lead right to Nick's prom night.

bhamv3

bhamv3

And if we track the chain of events that led to this, it will invariably lead right to Nick's prom night.
Nick went to prom with a Na'vi?

Zappit

Zappit

Nick went to prom with a Na'vi?
Who says he didn't?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Who says he didn't?
Well, to say he did would be a total abandonment of common sense.

... Just like Nick's prom night.

jwhouk

jwhouk

There is nothing that I can add to this thread that would be either true or constructive.

Except - congrats, Jay!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Congratulations, Jay! I can only imagine the vengeance plots you could hatch with a baby as a decoy.

Jay

Jay

Babies are a total chick magnet while going for a walk in the park... as a single father... of course.

Bones

Bones

which if as this thread has suggested, you are a 10 foot blue cat alien thing, I imagine you will be after your wife gives birth...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

This thread has gone into some weird places... and yet we haven't asked if he used his braid. Halforums, you disappoint me :p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The braid was taken as a given!

Congratulations mon ami! Best wishes for your incipient sproutling

LittleSin

LittleSin

I forgot to voice my congratulations.

You're going to have so much fun.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

And lose sleep, and your social life is gonna get torpedoed, and your computer time will be greatly reduced...

And you're not gonna care a bit, most of the time.

Jay

Jay

But I'll get to do awesome stuff like this tho.

LWHmU.jpg

fade

fade

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love it. And hate it. Recommended reading here: Amazon product

(Chrome is eating my Amazon link to Go the F*k to Sleep)

There's actually an interesting story behind that picture. I'm friends with [the minor celebrity who took that] (and, no, not name-dropping here, just giving the reason I know this), and that's his kid. That picture was posted right when FB changed their photo policy so that mentioning someone made the photo appear in their timeline. Someone was mentioned, they shared it, etc, and it went viral. The guy wasn't very happy about the invasion of his daughter's privacy, but he was tickled to see that so many people liked it.

Jay

Jay

Welp.... just told my folks....

They WERE ECSTATIC!

What a great 2012 I've had.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Jay, congrats.
Your child will be the most important experience you have in the world, and even when you are frustrated and upset, which you will be, you will always have that in mind.
Your parents, by the way, will forget you. They have done their job, for the reality is that raising children is not the greatest joy in the work, it is a duty, an obligation and a huge pain in the ass. But it is worth it. The reward comes when your children have children. Having grand children, apparently, is the greatest joy in the world. It is all the joy of a new bundle of joy, but you only have to deal with the icky parts if you choose to.
Watch out for the terrible twos, a very wise man once told me "Ah the terrible twos, what a wonderful stage that is not. They go into it before they are two and don't come out until their own children are two."

.... Thanks Dad for that wisdom. Jay, you only have 2 and probably about 7 months until you finally come out of the terrible twos. I will crack a beer with you when you do.

and again, congrats

Jay

Jay

Toy_Story_3-woody.jpg

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

The important part is, congrats.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Congratulations on helping repopulate the planet after the big 21/12/12 scare! We need more babies to ensure society goes on when Earth gets destroyed!

Well, congrats, at least :)

Jay

Jay

"We require more vaginas!"

/Starcraft?

Timmus

Timmus

"We require more vaginas!"

/Starcraft?
There's not enough mini hoo hoos

strawman

strawman

From http://www.elezea.com/2012/06/i-am-dad/

The dad I am

by Rian on 28 June 2012
A few months before my daughter was born I created a virtual list in my head called “The dad I want to be”. The list got constant attention as I added, edited, and deleted stuff while I waited in line somewhere or lay awake at night. It was a good list, and I was proud of it. And then, on the morning of my daughter’s birth, I lost the list.

At first there was just no time to look at it, so I put it in a brain compartment somewhere for safe keeping. One evening a few weeks later I looked for it, but I couldn’t find it. I searched around for a while, but then there was a dirty diaper, and, you know. One thing led to another.

Today, more than two years later, I still haven’t found that list. To be honest, I stopped looking for it a long time ago, because I realized something very important. I realized that it doesn’t matter how many idealistic, theoretical guidelines you come up with before you become a parent. Once your first child is born, you just become the dad you’ve always been inside. The one that most resembles a personality that’s been shaped by years of experiences and the people around you. Some are lucky — they’re natural parents who slip into the new role comfortably. Others have a harder time with the transition, and end up making weird and scary realizations about themselves. I’m part of the latter group.

Nothing is more humbling than the day-to-day experiences of being a parent. Nothing is more effective at shining a spotlight on all on’s flaws and shortcomings as a human being. But luckily that’s not the only side of the story. Parenting is also a fantastic catalyst for personal change.

Those of us who spend the first few months of parenting with a look of total bewilderment in our eyes learn to do things a little differently. Slowly and with painstaking effort, I started to chip away at all the things that were not “The dad I want to be”. I failed constantly, but then one day I had a small victory over my instincts. The small victories eventually turned into big ones, until one day I realized that I’d just made it through a tantrum and managed to put our daughter to sleep without becoming flustered or losing my cool. I celebrated with a mental high five, and then I got back in the game immediately, because becoming a better dad is not a journey with a neat ending.

I wish someone told me this before we had children, so I’m telling you this now. Throw out your preconceived ideas of what it means to be a dad. You’re already a dad, and ther’s nothing you can do about it at this point. But once your child is born, don’t beat yourself up when you discover that the dad you are is not exactly the dad you want to be. Instead, identify the things you don’t like, and fix them. One minuscule, frustrating, gratifying step at a time.

Jay

Jay

She's moving along, making appointments to the right doctors, no nausea, no problems so far.

What annoys me most though?

When she goes REPEATEDLY goes... "You know..... pregnant women tend to feel this".... "tend to eat this"... "tend to feel".... UGH

tumblr_lxvrh87cCG1qlbzmko1_500.gif

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Congratulations! May you have an ordinary pregnancy.

strawman

strawman

You know... pregnant women are freaking out internally and research endlessly about their condition and progress and have to talk about it.

You probably already have this, but if not I highly recommend The Expectant Father

http://www.amazon.com/Expectant-Father-Advice-Dads-Be/dp/0789210770

Which not only covers what she's going through, but helps you understand that there are a ton of things you're going through that society often ignores or glosses over as new father. I found it great my first time.

Jay

Jay

I'm Canadian.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm Canadian.
Well then you want "The Expectant Father, Eh?"

Calleja

Calleja

Wow, Jay's too rude to be Canadian.

strawman

strawman

Well then you want "The Expectant Father, Eh?"
"The Expectant Hoser"

Jay

Jay

Wow, Jay's too rude to be Canadian.
Dear Taquito,

I'm sorry.

Jay

PatrThom

PatrThom

"The Expectant Hoser"
More like, "What to Expect When You're a Hoser."

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

More like, "What to Expect When You're a Hoser."

--Patrick
Or in Jay's case it might be "Ce Qui Vous Attend Si Vous Attendez Un Enfan."

PatrThom

PatrThom

Or in Jay's case it might be "Ce Qui Vous Attend Si Vous Assemblez Un Enfan."
--Patrick

Jay

Jay

So our first appointment was at the doctor's today... it's been 11 weeks or so in her pregnancy.

We're really nervous, have a lot of questions needing answers the last few days. OCD people that we are, we have everything written down on 3 pages of questions.

We get there, we got the nicest nurse ever and they do their gyno exam and checkup and everything seems fine.

They said in the books that the baby should have a heartbeat by now but the test might not be conclusive, I push to attempt to hear it anyways...

She checks and she finds it..

MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT

MY BALLS CREATED LIFE MAN

MAGICAL MISSILE FTW

. I was like...

j63i1.gif

She was like

lUTSh.gif

And then we proceeded to book half a dozen other appointments.

Me right now

SzWRr.gif

I'm fucking bro fisting anything pleasing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was wondering when we'd see an update. Only 30wks to go!
Seriously, Jay. If you have anything that has to get done that absolutely needs to be done in one long go (room remodel, etc)? You'd better get it done by the end of July or else you ain't gettin' it done at all for the next 5 years.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

I'm doing the backyard patio. Making it bigger and in cement. No time for wooden patios anymore.

Also, the first official HF SBBQ will be at my house this summer! Date pending!

Gusto

Gusto

What does the S stand for.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Wait until the first ultrasound. I thought the heartbeat was neat, but the first ultrasound, in both pregnancies, brought me to tears.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Weren't you the one giving people shit all the time for having kids and how awesome it was to do anything you pleased because you didn't? ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Weren't you the one giving people shit all the time for having kids and how awesome it was to do anything you pleased because you didn't? ;)
Actually, that would probably be me. :p

I keed I keed, I would never tease people about having kids - it's great for most people! (It's just not for me..:))

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'm doing the backyard patio. Making it bigger and in cement. No time for wooden patios anymore.

Also, the first official HF SBBQ will be at my house this summer! Date pending!

Damn it... I wanna be there!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Jay

Jay

S stands for SUPER, yes.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned yet in this thread, but after watching my best bud and his wife through the process (due the first week of Feb!), I would start booking pregnancy classes and daycare options right now. Depending on your locality, it can get super competitive to get into the good ones.

Jay

Jay

Thanks for the advice.

We fully plan to do so once she hits 5 months. So basically once we get back from vaca in mid-March.

Gusto

Gusto

The Wee Baby Seamus.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Thanks for the advice.

We fully plan to do so once she hits 5 months. So basically once we get back from vaca in mid-March.
I would put some feelers out before if you can. They started around then, and found themselves behind everyone in the same baby generation.

Calleja

Calleja

My baby generation wasn't very competitive. They were a bunch of cry babies, to be honest. Most of 'em crapped their pants.

strawman

strawman

Just get prepared for the wild late nights you'll be spending with your baby.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Damn it... I wanna be there!
You and me both.

strawman

strawman

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just a heads-up, if you please... I recently re-watched Penn & Teller's Bullshit. So if you start seriously considering something like dolphin-assisted birth, I will deputize the nearest available forumite to smack everybody involved until the stupid bleeds out of your ears.

Including the goddang dolphin.

Carry on ;)

strawman

strawman

Dolphin: NO air until you have the BABY.

Woman: ... ploop!

Dolphin: Works every time.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

More like "Hey, is that a shark? You're on your own, two-feet. Bye!"

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Wait until you find out the gender. That's what hit me, even harder than the heartbeat.

Congratulations man, and definitely finish up the major projects now. Do yourself a favor too... start stocking up on diapers and wipes now - diapers in the smaller sizes won't be so much of an issue, but you can NEVER have too many wipes.

They feel good on the nether regions...

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

You can never have enough sleepers and diaper shirts either.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Eh... for when our next comes, we're going to only do a handful of clothes (say up to 8 sleepers/rompers) for the first 6 months or so... Rhiannon grew too fast to stay in clothes appropriate to her age range for long. *grins*

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yeah but when they have explosive diapers it's nice to have a bunch of clothes you can change them in and out of. With my daughter I had a few times where the mess was so bad that I just threw her sleeper in the garbage.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yeah but when they have explosive diapers it's nice to have a bunch of clothes you can change them in and out of. With my daughter I had a few times where the mess was so bad that I just threw her sleeper in the garbage.
When my nephew "failed" at potty training in his underoos, my sister in law just tossed them. "I am NOT touching that." Those undies cost less than a dollar...

fade

fade

Make friends with someone who has a slightly older kid born in the same season. We haven't bought clothes for my daughter for years. Then you can pass them down the line, too.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Make friends with someone who has a slightly older kid born in the same season. We haven't bought clothes for my daughter for years. Then you can pass them down the line, too.
I'm pretty sure my sister in law did this on purpose. Her oldest daughter in 3yrs younger than mine and she just had another girl.

clvrgrl.jpg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

People need to stop feeding their kids Taco Bell.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

People need to stop feeding their kids Taco Bell.
It's no worse than any other fast food, and when you don't try to compare it to Mexican food, it's pretty good in its own right. I know I'm guilty of getting my kids a 12 taco pack from them when we're headed home from a long day.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's no worse than any other fast food, and when you don't try to compare it to Mexican food, it's pretty good in its own right. I know I'm guilty of getting my kids a 12 taco pack from them when we're headed home from a long day.
I was referring really to the explosive diaper situation. I should've quoted people.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I was referring really to the explosive diaper situation. I should've quoted people.
Oh god, I can't imagine feeding Taco Bell to a toddler... just no way.

Also I think people having bathroom issues after Taco Bell are either going to really shady Taco Bells or mixing too many different foods there or are microwaving leftovers.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh god, I can't imagine feeding Taco Bell to a toddler... just no way.

Also I think people having bathroom issues after Taco Bell are either going to really shady Taco Bells or mixing too many different foods there or are microwaving leftovers.
The restaurant never seemed shady to me. All I know is my own horror. I last ate Taco Bell from one in Indiana over five years ago. I mixed nothing nor did I microwave leftovers, because after what it did to me the following day, I had no desire to touch the stuff again.

That I still remember it in detail, and even the date (January 15, 2007) should give you some idea of how horrible it was, that it is etched into my mind. When I'm a senile old man fifty years from now and have forgotten the names of my friends and the plot to Chrono Trigger, I will still be telling the nurse about that post-Taco Bell ordeal as she slides the pillow over my face to end my suffering of reliving it.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

The restaurant never seemed shady to me. All I know is my own horror. I last ate Taco Bell from one in Indiana over five years ago. I mixed nothing nor did I microwave leftovers, because after what it did to me the following day, I had no desire to touch the stuff again.

That I still remember it in detail, and even the date (January 15, 2007) should give you some idea of how horrible it was, that it is etched into my mind. When I'm a senile old man fifty years from now and have forgotten the names of my friends and the plot to Chrono Trigger, I will still be telling the nurse about that post-Taco Bell ordeal as she slides the pillow over my face to end my suffering of reliving it.
Does that by any chance coincide with that recall they did on chives or the tomato recall that caused some food poisoining a while back?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

For the record taco bell is the most authentic Mexican food you can get. It gets the job done for half the price. What can be more Mexican than that?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

For the record taco bell is the most authentic Mexican food you can get. It gets the job done for half the price. What can be more Mexican than that?
zXgYC.gif

Calleja

Calleja

General Specific

General Specific

Jay

Jay

Sorry for the lack of news.

We went for some tests last month, everything seems fine.

We're going in tomorrow for her exam, she's 19 weeks preggers and we are "likely" to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow.

I cannot help but find this moment and time to be FULL OF DRAMA because, we're going to find out... AND SOON

OMMMMG

Jay

Jay

Just got back from the hospital... welp.

photo.JPG

It's a GIRL!

Welp...99% sure

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Congratulations Jay!

Hylian

Hylian

Many congratulations :)

Dave

Dave

You poor bastard.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

You poor bastard.
I have a 9 year old. She's already a drama queen lol

strawman

strawman

I AM OFFICIALLY JEALOUS.

I'd trade you my newborn boy for your girl, but he's already an outsourced baby (I'm raising him for LittleKagsin ) so it would probably be in poor taste for me to trade.

But!

I can make another. What do you think? You've always wanted a boy, right? Or do you want a more mature model, perhaps one that comes Pre-potty-trained?

Lets make a deal!

Jay

Jay

I'd like to have one of each but ultimately all I care is that they're healthy babies.

As for other people's children, no gracias. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I AM OFFICIALLY JEALOUS.

I'd trade you my newborn boy for your girl, but he's already an outsourced baby (I'm raising him for LittleKagsin ) so it would probably be in poor taste for me to trade.
Hey now! You promised me he would be raised in a loving, happy, nerdy home. You're supposed to love him as your own!

strawman

strawman

Hey now! You promised me he would be raised in a loving, happy, nerdy home. You're supposed to love him as your own!
Oh, fine, fine.

Sigh.

Next time, though, you need to outsource a female baby to me, ok?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Or do you want a more mature model, perhaps one that comes Pre-potty-trained?

I dunno Jay... this isn't actually a half bad offer ;)

Jay

Jay

Next time LittleKagsin, you need to outsource a female baby to me, ok?
cDUDI.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh, fine, fine.

Sigh.

Next time, though, you need to outsource a female baby to me, ok?
Next time for sure! Sorry, I've just always wanted a boy first, but that's out of the way now, so GirlBaby is next.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I dunno, Jay. That looks like a boy to me. And WHAT a boy!

...no, wait, sorry. Nevermind, that's a leg.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Just got back from the hospital... welp.

It's a GIRL!

Welp...99% sure
This isn't the not so funny pic thread, why is this here?

Jay

Jay

This isn't the not so funny pic thread, why is this here?
fMf0e.gif

strawman

strawman

I dunno Jay... this isn't actually a half bad offer ;)
I know, right?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Jay, can I date your daughter?

Jay

Jay

Maybe if you're rich and you're still around in 2043.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Aww yeah, let's start the countdown to when Jay's daughter is 18!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Aww yeah, let's start the countdown to when Jay's daughter is 18!
EDIT: Ninja'd by Gilg.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

EDIT: Ninja'd by Gilg.
I'm sure she's a very mature fetus.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'm sure she's a very mature fetus.
ICARUS MEME, I SUMMON THEE

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

ICARUS MEME, I SUMMON THEE

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ah, the joys of having a daughter.

With a boy, you only have to worry about one penis and where he sticks it.

With a girl, you have to worry about every penis in the world.

Seriously though, many congratulations, you Woody-image-tossing thingamabob, you...

Jay

Jay

article-1321062-0BA30744000005DC-104_468x286.jpg

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah, you also gotta warn her about Will Ferrell.

Gusto

Gusto

Everyone in my life seems to be having sons.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Everyone in my life seems to be having sons.
Wait for it...

--Patrick

Shawn

Shawn

Congrats, Jay!

Every time I hold my daughter I get to remind myself "I brought this little lady into the world." and it's just an uplifting feeling every time.

Jay

Jay

Welp... officially 8 months.

Off to the hospital for the 3rd ultrasound in 2 weeks.

You know... pregnant women are freaking out internally and research endlessly about their condition and progress and have to talk about it.

You probably already have this, but if not I highly recommend The Expectant Father

http://www.amazon.com/Expectant-Father-Advice-Dads-Be/dp/0789210770

Which not only covers what she's going through, but helps you understand that there are a ton of things you're going through that society often ignores or glosses over as new father. I found it great my first time.
Been reading this book over the months. It's solid and informative. I like it so much I bought the 1st year book as well.

I promise more updates if I get enough... Brofists.

BROFISTS FOR UPDATES

Hylian

Hylian

bhamv3

bhamv3

Jay, can I date your daughter?
Jay came back after over a year to "disagree" with this post of mine. :D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Jay came back after over a year to "disagree" with this post of mine. :D
It's been 8 months.

bhamv3

bhamv3

It's been 8 months.
Did I say a year? I meant three months. Yeah, three months.

Someone must have hacked my account. That musta been it.

Jay

Jay

I thought about it.

Then I said, no.

I'm DADD.

Bones

Bones

Dad Against Drunk Dating?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Dads Against Daughters Dating

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dads Against Daughters Dating
Isn't that pretty much every dad? I don't even have kids, but I'm already thinking that if I ever have a daughter, she'll be locked in a convent from 11 'till 45 if I can do anything about it*.

*I'm well aware that I won't be able to do anything about it :p

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Remember guys, Jay's a damn Frenchie.

Which means he'll hold up his daughter in a castle, throw cows at prospective daters, and taunt them from above.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I kinda want Charlie in here to talk about the patriarchy and fathers controlling daughters.

Apparently I'm that kid in middle school that tries to get the "fight fight fight!" chant started every time.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I kinda want Charlie in here to talk about the patriarchy and fathers controlling daughters.

Apparently I'm that kid in middle school that tries to get the "fight fight fight!" chant started every time.
the only reason we need to lock up our daughters is because men are uncontrollable beasts, slave to their lust, while the girls are clueless and incapable of standing up for themselves or defend themselves.
Alternatively, we need to lock up our daughters because otherwise they'll clearly become wanton harlots bedding with the least suitable partner, since they lack any self control.
I'm not quite sure which one's more offensive, so take your pick :troll:

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

You want patriarchy controlling daughters? Let's see. My daughter is going on the 5yr birth control the day after she gets her first period. She asks when she's allowed to have a boyfriend, our response is when she's responsible enough (which won't be anytime soon since she's in Middle School) and we already have her applied to attend an all girl's high school in our school district.

Mad yet Charlie? Nah. My wife was the one who came up with the majority of the plans ;)

Gusto

Gusto

8 months deep? Maybe Jay's daughter will have the same birthday as me. :)

Jay

Jay

Baby Room Time! Phase 1!

photo(3).JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You want patriarchy controlling daughters? Let's see. My daughter is going on the 5yr birth control the day after she gets her first period. She asks when she's allowed to have a boyfriend, our response is when she's responsible enough (which won't be anytime soon since she's in Middle School) and we already have her applied to attend an all girl's high school in our school district.

Mad yet Charlie? Nah. My wife was the one who came up with the majority of the plans ;)

I knew girls like that growing up... I don't know if you want to know how that story ends.

Dei

Dei

Being a giant geek in high school, most of my friends that I hung out with on a regular basis were guys. I would have HATED an all girls school... Which would have also been a Catholic school so ugh.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I knew girls like that growing up... I don't know if you want to know how that story ends.
How her story ends up will be up to her. As long as she graduates High School without being knocked up, it'll be considered a win in my book.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

PatrThom

PatrThom

All I see is a pink room with a ceiling that is too short.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

This man is a prophet.[DOUBLEPOST=1371516359][/DOUBLEPOST]
All I see is a pink room with a ceiling that is too short.

--Patrick
YES

blotsfan

blotsfan

Not to say I know anything about your daughter, but that high school plan might backfire. The girls
from the all girls schools had the reputation of being the biggest sluts.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Not to say I know anything about your daughter, but that high school plan might backfire. The girls
from the all girls schools had the reputation of being the biggest sluts.
Be interesting to see how she's able to be a slut when she goes directly from home to school back to home.

Jay

Jay

No one likes the baby room. :(

NI0gIGq.gif

bhamv3

bhamv3

Be interesting to see how she's able to be a slut when she goes directly from home to school back to home.
Well, you know, there's always the school bus.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Well, you know, there's always the school bus.
We drive our kids to school to and from.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

View attachment 11175

Admit it. It's the Milhouse of baby rooms.

Jay

Jay

What does THAT MEAN?

Also.... furniture is due on Saturday! YEYYYYYYYYYYYY

bhamv3

bhamv3

We drive our kids to school to and from.
I got nuthin then. Unless there are shennanigans in the backseat, but it sounds like you'd have a full sensor array there, measuring sound, heat, humidity, and pheromone levels.

strawman

strawman

View attachment 11175
Girls rooms are a myth.

Or so says my experience.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Do you guys need to use Jay's happy thread to jab against helicopter parenting or could it maybe be taken elsewhere?

Dei

Dei

I hope to god you are exaggerating and are not *that* strict. :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oh, it's worse than you think.

Jay

Jay

Not accurate, no tuque and no signs of poutine anywhere.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

How strict? Sending her to a girl's school and there being no public transporation so we are her -to and from- school is horrendously strict?

Do you guys need to use Jay's happy thread to jab against helicopter parenting or could it maybe be taken elsewhere?
Where did you get that impression?

Dei

Dei

You are making it sound like you are being crazy just by virtue of upping the ante everytime someone makes a dumb comment about stereotypes in girl's schools, is all. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that you don't mean it that way.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Where did you get that impression?
Some comments are looking for this to be the "tell Gilg how to raise his kids" thread. I think people should take it elsewhere, but since then I see that's gonna be a losing battle. Sorry, Jay, maybe people will pay attention to stuff about your child once she's born. You did a good job pinking the pink onto that room. I don't have the patience to paint a room properly, so I can admire a job well done on that front.

Back to arguing, people!

Jay

Jay

Some comments are looking for this to be the "tell Gilg how to raise his kids" thread. I think people should take it elsewhere, but since then I see that's gonna be a losing battle. Sorry, Jay, maybe people will pay attention to stuff about your child once she's born. You did a good job pinking the pink onto that room. I don't have the patience to paint a room properly, so I can admire a job well done on that front.

Back to arguing, people!
I appreciate your kind comments Darrylz.

Espy

Espy

Oh if we are telling Jay how to raise girls then all I can say is GOOD FREAKING LUCK BUDDY.

I've never been so whipped in my life.

Dei

Dei

Your wife and daughter will fight over really dumb shit. This will happen long before her teenage years. Be prepared to buy a helmet and duck and cover. ;)

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was assuming we were still just joking around; I certainly didn't mean my post seriously :p

That said, my father-in-law-to-be-or-something raised 4 daughters, 2 female dogs, a female horse, a herd of goats and a bunch of chickens - I have no idea how he managed, as I get a headache after a few hours there, with all the women. But they seem to have turned out okay :p

As for the room, on the one hand, I think it looks really nice - it's wel-painted, light enough, and so on. On the other hand, I have a personal distaste for the whole "pink for girls, blue for boys" thing. Not only because it was the other way around until about 50 years ago, but also because it's that sort of thing that implants notions in children's heads. I think it was Mike from Penny Arcade (though I'm too lazy to go look it up) who remarked recently that his boy loved pink as a color, and would wear pink, play pink characters in games, and so on - until he got to school, got ridiculed, and suddenly pink is gay he doesn't like it, he likes green! Obviously!
I just think that's sad, and it'll be at least a whole other generation before that sort of silly prejudice is gone.
Which, of course, isn't your fault, Jay :p Room looks great.

Dei

Dei

I'm more or less in love with the light fixture.

Jay

Jay

I think it was Mike from Penny Arcade (though I'm too lazy to go look it up) who remarked recently that his boy loved pink as a color, and would wear pink, play pink characters in games, and so on - until he got to school, got ridiculed, and suddenly pink is gay he doesn't like it, he likes green! Obviously! I just think that's sad, and it'll be at least a whole other generation before that sort of silly prejudice is gone.

Which, of course, isn't your fault, Jay :p Room looks great.
I think the pink is far more for us than anything else. Once Leyla is going to be of a certain age able to make logical decisions, we'll see.

Thanks. It'll look even better after Saturday once I get the furniture (PHASE 2!). Maybe I'll post them if I get enough Brofists....

It's a pretty little thing. Couldn't find shit in Montreal. Had to order it online from California. It wasn't cheap.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The room looks like a layer cake. Which is not always a bad thing

PatrThom

PatrThom

You should see the one we got for our bedroom.

--Patrick

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

You should see the one we got for our bedroom.

--Patrick

Just because a mirror and disco ball reflect light, that doesn't make them "light fixtures."

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh, don't worry. I'll post pictures once I get home.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Your wife and daughter will fight over really dumb shit. This will happen long before her teenage years. Be prepared to buy a helmet and duck and cover. ;)
I used to think this was just a thing between my mom and sister. Nope. My cousin and one of her moms fight over everything, and it's been like that for the last eight years. She just turned 11.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I used to think this was just a thing between my mom and sister. Nope. My cousin and one of her moms fight over everything, and it's been like that for the last eight years. She just turned 11.
Weird, my wife and daughter get along famously. My daughter turns 12 this year.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Weird, my wife and daughter get along famously. My daughter turns 12 this year.

She's just being strategic about it...

Dei

Dei

It's not a matter of how well they get along. At some point, all mothers and daughters will fight about something inane. My husband used to think it was just me and my mom until his little sister hit her mid-teens.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

It's not a matter of how well they get along. At some point, all mothers and daughters will fight about something inane. My husband used to think it was just me and my mom until his little sister hit her mid-teens.
Don't all family members at some point, fight about something inane? I'm not following this -mothers and daughters fight- point because it doesn't happen here. Also in our house growing up, I had 3 sisters, and none of them fought with our mom either. If anything, I clashed with my mom more than anyone else.

Officer_Charon - Must be playing the long game eh?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Come to think of it, my ex and her two sisters didn't really fight with their mom. But they were raised in a Catholic household in southern California. It was different to say the least.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I never fought with my parents. Ever. I don't know if that says more about me or them, but there was simply never enough tension for me to feel like fighting with them.

My sister, on the other hand.... *winces*

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I never fought with my parents. Ever. I don't know if that says more about me or them, but there was simply never enough tension for me to feel like fighting with them.

My sister, on the other hand.... *winces*
Same here lol with the exception of one of my mom's boyfriends he turned out to be a psycho anyway. The calling over 100 times an hour because you don't pick up kind and the police said they couldn't so anything about it

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Ok so... I'm sorry for the triple post there's an error with tapatalk I guess.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Don't all family members at some point, fight about something inane? I'm not following this -mothers and daughters fight- point because it doesn't happen here. Also in our house growing up, I had 3 sisters, and none of them fought with our mom either. If anything, I clashed with my mom more than anyone else.
Dude come on. Theres been anecdotal evidence. That means it applies 100% of the time to all situations. Get your head in the game.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Also, therapy

Jay

Jay

...my thread. :Leyla:

Cajungal

Cajungal

You only thought this was a thread about one of the most important milestones of your life.

Bubble181

Bubble181

To be fair, you went and posted a thread named "it has begun", with a video of a kid's room slowly opening. I was all thinking "ohh, he's going to walk through with a baby...." but noooo. You deserve this derail, sneaky :p

strawman

strawman

I know, I was expecting a labor story, and all I got was snake.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ba-dup-bup-bada-bup! HALFORUMS!

*Jazz hands*

Jay

Jay

Awkward moment of the day.

Waiting for our turn at the hospital for 3rd ultrasound while sitting in front of a very fat ex-girlfriend you dumped 15 years ago.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Best moment of the day.

Waiting for our turn at the hospital for 3rd ultrasound while sitting in front of a very fat ex-girlfriend you dumped 15 years ago.
Fixed.

You know, assuming you don't put too much stock in your wife's and baby's health blah blah blah

Frank

Frank

Jay loves em chubby (present marriage excluded).

Jay

Jay

Girlfriend is a wrong term. She was a friend with benefits back in 1999 for about a month before she complicated things. Also, I was a douchbag back then.

She was skinny and gorgeous back then but after most Italian women, when they hit their 30ies they expand sideways.

She expanded linebacker style. This was more than expected.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Girlfriend is a wrong term. She was a friend with benefits back in 1999 for about a month before she complicated things. Also, I was a douchbag back then.

She was skinny and gorgeous back then but after most Italian and Hispanic women, when they hit their 30ies they expand sideways.

She expanded linebacker style. This was more than expected.
FTFY. Oh and my ex wife, who blamed me for her weight gain when we were married and claimed that she was going to fix it all once she divorced me is nearly 3x the sizenow then she was when we got married. :D

Jay

Jay

Just brought my wife to her surprise baby shower this morning. :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

How did she take the news that she's pregnant?
Or was that not the surprise?

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

Ah Pat, you funny guy.

Today is officially the home stretch. 1 month left.

Expect more updates and some pictures.

But only if this post gets 10 Brofists!

strawman

strawman

Jay, you know that those facebook posts where one person will give another person something if they get enough likes require a picture of you holding a handwritten sign giving the promise.

Jay

Jay

This can be arranged... soon.

But this requires 5 Brofists.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I know he's whoring..... so why do I keep clicking "Brofist?"

Emrys

Emrys

Cause you're an enabler?

strawman

strawman

Oh come on, this isn't hard. Like this:

Shakey

Shakey

I know someone has been amassing an army of alts. It's time to bust them out and make it happen.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

He's trying to amass enough bro fists to send his girl to college.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Just think, Jay. If the baby arrives right on time (which is unlikely from what I know of births), you'll only have...what? Two weeks to play the new Shadow Run? 'Cause I guarantee you ain't gonna have time to play after!

Jay

Jay

v20wg.gif

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Steiny's working on those ol' college funds...

Jay

Jay

photo.JPG
photo(2).JPG
photo(1).JPG

Room updates.

strawman

strawman

You both must be getting suuuper excited...

Jay

Jay

We definitely are.

The last few months we've been closer than ever.

Best times in our lives. :)

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

We definitely are.

The last few months we've been closer than ever.

Best times in our lives. :)
Congrats. It's a boy!

Bones

Bones

2013-05-27-278.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now all you need is a lullaby chair and a baby gate and you'll be all set.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

And a big banner saying "Welcome home, Halforum" ;)

Jay

Jay

Now all you need is a lullaby chair and a baby gate and you'll be all set.

--Patrick
Baby gate?

We're planning to buy a rocking chair this week but are still waiting for the crib sheets to come in... any day now...

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

My wife loves your baby room... and she's also insanely jealous now because she wants a baby girl so bad (we have two sons).

Looks great Jay.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You know raising a kid in a totally pink environment will turn her Goth by time she is 12...

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

You know raising a kid in a totally pink environment will turn her Goth by time she is 12...
Wait is that supposed to be bad?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Wait is that supposed to be bad?
There's a difference in dating a Goth and rearing one.

Jay

Jay

If she ever really wants to change the colors to the walls, I'd be more than happy to change it.

It's only for the first few years anyways.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Baby gate?
Baby gate. Keeps your kid from becoming a slinky or getting into things she shouldn't.
Also, lullaby chair/swing.

Also, I don't know how it is over there, but here you are not permitted to take your child home from the hospital if you don't have an approved, unexpired car seat*.

--Patrick
*I am endorsing this specific model for its ease of getting it in and out of the car as well as its features.

Jay

Jay

Oh yeah, we plan to have a baby gate but the baby won't really need it for months, so no rush.

As for the swing, we got a Mamaroo. It's awesome. Obviously, a lot of stuff are in the closet, can't show them all yet. :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Is Babygate like Watergate?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Is Babygate like Watergate?
No, babies can't be silent for 18 minutes.

Jay

Jay

A few pictures of the Baby Shower... slightly altered of course.

003.JPG

001.JPG

002.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

What alterations did you make?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Jay haven't you posted full pictures of your wife before? Ala the Halloween/Wedding threads?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The necessary ones to protect the innocent.

strawman

strawman

What alterations did you make?
He photoshopped all the wrapping paper trash off the floor, and removed the wrinkles in her shirt that suggested she might be wearing bras that fit just fine before becoming pregnant but are now are a bit more snug.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

He photoshopped all the wrapping paper trash off the floor, and removed the wrinkles in her shirt that suggested she might be wearing bras that fit just fine before becoming pregnant but are now are a bit more snug.
Good eye. I can never do those like "Six things are different in these two image" games, and you didn't have a comparison to know what was done. Are you just like... a master photoshop-spotter?

strawman

strawman

ive seen alot of photoshops in my day and i can tell cause the pixels and stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1374009905][/DOUBLEPOST]And lest anyone get the wrong idea, I'm joking folks!

BTW Jay, you two are adorable and will obviously have a very, very cute baby.

Jay

Jay

Jay haven't you posted full pictures of your wife before? Ala the Halloween/Wedding threads?
full frontal?

Jay

Jay

Less than 2 weeks...

Shawn

Shawn

At the sound of the cry, your life as you know it will change drastically.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I thought he covered his wife's face in that pic because she wasn't smiling and he wanted it to be a smiley happy picture.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just wait son... I know I've said it before, but the first second that she comes out crying, you'll immediately feel a change... and the first time she grabs your finger... just forget about paying attention to anything else in the world. Nothing else will exist but that little hand with the tiny fingers.

strawman

strawman

At the sound of the cry, your life as you know it will change drastically.
the first second that she comes out crying, you'll immediately feel a change...
Not everyone feels that way at that time. I think my first time it took a few days to settle in.

Feel free to ask loudly right after delivery, "So, can this extra finger be removed, or what?"

Make sure you're out of reach of your wife when you do so.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Not everyone feels that way at that time. I think my first time it took a few days to settle in.

Feel free to ask loudly right after delivery, "So, can this extra finger be removed, or what?"

Make sure you're out of reach of your wife when you do so.
Dude, it's a little different for you. For Jay, it's a moment of life-changing proportions that he'll never forget.

For you, it's Thursday :p

Dei

Dei

I went down to the basement today to go through my daughter's old baby clothes to give to a friend. I totally went overboard when she was a baby. Maybe. Definitely.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I went down to the basement today to go through my daughter's old baby clothes to give to a friend. I totally went overboard when she was a baby. Maybe. Definitely.
Said every parent ever.

Jay

Jay

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376299516.486884.jpg

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I see Jay's wife waking him up at 4:25Am and saying "Jay it's time, I'm in labor!" And Jay being all like "Shit! Let me post this picture on Halforums real quick before we go!"

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just another everyday morning for stienman.

jwhouk

jwhouk

For stienman, it was Tuesday.

Of course, it's actually Monday, but stieny's lost count. You know, with all the kids and such. ;)

Dave

Dave

A friend of mine just had triplets. All boys.

I need a picture of Oprah yelling, "Babies! Everyone gets a baby!"

(How is babby formed?")

Jay

Jay

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376334168.491612.jpg

Dave

Dave

Congrats, Daddy!!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

@Jay - Welcome to the club.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Congratulations Jay... enjoy!!! :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Felicitations, mon ami! Welcome to the adventure!

Frank

Frank

I assumed this is what was causing Jay's absence from most things online.

Congratulations bro.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awwwwww! She's a beauty, Jay. Congratulations, and many hugs to Mama Jay.

Jay

Jay

Baby Leyla (7.1 pounds) and mother are doing fine .

Me chilling out right out

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376340507.821361.jpg

This came from my balls man.

Dave

Dave

Screenprint that until her first date and then bring it out for the boyfriend. From your balls, man.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

=Groan= Not a Sansa chapter!

;) Congratulations!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just an early warning to @Adam - @Jay may be a-poundin' on your door soon, wanting to move in. Be ready.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

drifter

drifter

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

So, how are you gonna handle coming home? Will you find a cliff for some Lion King action, or wait for nightfall and re-enact Roots?

Jay

Jay

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376407071.172657.jpg

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Congrats Jay!

Bones

Bones

This is what is coming!
What being a father feels like - Imgur.gif

Shawn

Shawn

Congrats Jay and family!

Jay

Jay

I'm gonna rock those swings.

Emrys

Emrys

<squeexplode!>
Congratulations! She's so lovely.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Congratulations! She's so lovely.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

Never seen so many hot women touch my wife's breasts today, even in my wildest fantasies...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Ah, lactation nurses.

Ours was super nice, but not so great to look at... *grins*

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Congrats Jay.

Now, if anyone ever tried to tell you "May you live in interesting times," you can tell them that it's too late now, you have a daughter.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Never seen so many hot women touch my wife's breasts today, even in my wildest fantasies...
There's still tonight.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm the idiot who saw this when posted, said aloud, "That's awesome, Jay" as if I was on vent, and then moved along without friggin' posting.

Congratulations, Jay. This is indeed awesome.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just an early warning to @Jay - @Iaculus may be a-poundin' on your door soon, wanting to move in. Be ready.

--Patrick
Errr....Fixed that for you? Or something? :confused:

Also, I demand the thread title be updated. To, like, at least the right date :p DEMAND I TELL YOU! Or you shal....errr....Feel my apathy? I dunno, I sort of lost steam there.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I demand the thread title be updated. To, like, at least the right date :p DEMAND I TELL YOU! Or you shal....errr....Feel my apathy? I dunno, I sort of lost steam there.
Yes, please.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

By the way, did you get your baby card punched? After seven, the eighth one is free. Just ask @stienman.

Jay

Jay

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376518876.146648.jpg

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Until they're teenagers anyway ;)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Then it changes to "Get to sleep early."

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Then it changes to "Get to sleep early."
Funny thing is, I let my kids (once they hit 12yrs old) choose their bedtime. They went with past 11pm and learned the hard way on school nights. They actually ended up setting 9pm as their time for a solid couple of years. Now it's between 10-11pm. They feel rested enough (they say) with that schedule.

Dei

Dei

You can sleep in before they are teenagers, you just need to invest in earplugs if you have more than one. ;)

Jay

Jay

Halforums?

jwhouk

jwhouk

She's a natural!

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'aww, hello little gal! Congrats, Jay :D

Emrys

Emrys

What a little angel.

Espy

Espy

Congrats!!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I hereby nominate the name "Leyla" as the name of our Durr smiley. :Leyla:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Baby Leyla
She'll have you on your knees.

(someone had to)

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

I hereby nominate the name "Leyla" as the name of our Durr smiley. :Leyla:
Done. (You can still use durr to show the smiley.)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Jay

Jay

Upload failed. No more pics for you !

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

She is ridiculously cute... well done Jay

evilmike

evilmike

Jay, you and your wife have my heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your daughter...

even though I can't quite shake the feeling that this is all part of an elaborate plan to boost your brofist total.

Jay

Jay

:Leyla:

lol

jwhouk

jwhouk

Jay

Jay

How I felt when my wife left for 3 hours worried about me and the baby and I fed her (bottle), changed her diaper twice, had tummy time with her and put her to sleep without problems.

Flawless Victory.jpg

Dei

Dei

I don't understand people who are scared of babies. Babies are easy. In fact, until they are mobile, it's just like taking care of your drunk best friend. Potential for lots of screaming, making sure they have some fluids, and then cleaning up the mess. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

And they are so portable!

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

The best time I have with my daughter is tummy time.. especially when she wears the little hat with cute ears. She melts my heart.

I'll never look at porn the same way again.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Of course not. You'll have to remember to cover her eyes with one of your hands, now.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

The best time I have with my daughter is tummy time.. especially when she wears the little hat with cute ears. She melts my heart.

This post just got you put on some NSA and FBI lists.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

They say in a child's first 2 years of life parents lose 6 months of sleep

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

This post just got you put on some NSA and FBI lists.
I reckon the feds have had this place flagged ever since they learned about Operation Minotaur Pe... aaaaand I can't make that joke here. Not so close to baby Leyla.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I reckon the feds have had this place flagged ever since they learned about Operation Minotaur Pe... aaaaand I can't make that joke here. Not so close to baby Leyla.
I'm pretty sure she'll be able to cope, considering where half of her originated. Same size, different genus.

Jay

Jay

DSC05917.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1377743829,1377743762][/DOUBLEPOST]
DSC05921.JPG

strawman

strawman

Bubble181

Bubble181

Typical jealousy. you've got 99 of them, but somebody else can't have one? You truly think this is a world of haves and have-nots, do you? We can all have children! We should rise up against the tyranny of centralized parenthood! Together we can take our babies back from our cruel Stienien overlord, hoarding all the cute for himself! Everybody, follow Jay's example! Breed! BREED!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Typical jealousy. you've got 99 of them, but somebody else can't have one?
He has no girls.

strawman

strawman

It was more of a D'AWWWWWW, CUTE! Than a WANT!

She is a beautiful baby, and very photogenic. The first picture in particular.

Gusto

Gusto

Fun fact: There are little things that I know about expected gender when pregnant, but I can't remember off-hand if they're for real world pregnancies or The Sims 3.

Or both!

Bubble181

Bubble181

It was more of a D'AWWWWWW, CUTE! Than a WANT!

She is a beautiful baby, and very photogenic. The first picture in particular.
I know, I know. I was just trying to make some sort of lame joke about the many-baby guy and the new baby and I wasn't quite awake yet. have mercy, I've slept 2 hours and I'm only half-way through my 12h-work day today....

Err, maybe something about her being a prize the Stienhorde will sack Troy over?

Espy

Espy

Dammit Jay. Your cute baby reminds me of my cute baby who isn't a little baby anymore and it makes me kind of want another cute baby and OHGODNO!!! but stillkindofwant...

strawman

strawman

QUICK! ESPY'S HAVING BABY CRAVINGS! GIVE HIM 124 OUNCES OF COOING BABY STAT!

Bubble181

Bubble181

124? Not quite, but I'm almost up to a Stienman* in this picture!

*three more and I get a commemorative cup!

strawman

strawman

124? Not quite, but I'm almost up to a Stienman* in this picture!

*three more and I get a commemorative cup!
Where'd you find my family picture?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh man, that kid looks like she has soooo many accessrories.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Oh man, that kid looks like she has soooo many accessrories.

--Patrick
You can tell they didn't pick her up at a K-Mart blue light special, they went full custom and ordered all the accessories!

To be fair new parents do that. By the time you get to your 150th, though, you just root around in the bargain bin and look for the one that's least scratched up.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I MISSED JAY HAVING A BABY.

CONGRATS JAY.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Where'd you find my family picture?
Well, you know, the pesky thing about those Guinness guys who came over a while ago and gave you a couple of pints? They actually publish this book, too, and I think they may have used your picture once or twice.

Jay

Jay

I MISSED JAY HAVING A BABY.

CONGRATS JAY.
Thank you so much.

For your kind words, I have attached a special picture for you to this post. Which, I spoilered, but no ONE ELSE SHOULD CLICK ON IT AND PRESS BROFIST as it's only for LittleSin to view.

Leyla enjoying a rest after a nice little bath!

DSC05875.JPG

LittleSin

LittleSin

Thank you so much.

For your kind words, I have attached a special picture for you to this post. Which, I spoilered, but no ONE ELSE SHOULD CLICK ON IT AND PRESS BROFIST as it's only for LittleSin to view.

Leyla enjoying a rest after a nice little bath!

View attachment 11669
I wish there was a 'skjjhfgkhiuj CUTE' rating.

PatrThom

PatrThom

it's only for LittleSin to view.
:okay:

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

:okay:

--Patrick
Well Pat, with all your tech advice over the years, you'll get your own reward. But no ONE ELSE SHOULD CLICK ON IT AND PRESS BROFIST as it's only for PatrThom (aka --Patrick) to view.
Leyla didn't like baths... but now she's cool with them..

DSC05871.JPG

PatrThom

PatrThom

Aww. She'll get better at it and be splashing y'all for funzies in no time.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, @Jay. Will you do this for us? Will you?

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey, @Jay. Will you do this for us? Will you?

--Patrick
If he does, I will give brofists.

Jay

Jay

1013841_o.gif

blotsfan

blotsfan

She's like, old now isn't she

Jay

Jay

She's like, old now isn't she
Perfect age to be a... big sister?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh my gosh! Twins?! Hurray!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Why are you calling so much attention to your Woody?
Oh.

OHHH...

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Congrats, man!

Adam

Adam

Yay! Welcome to the club.