[Thread Game] #Whamageddon 2020 - WHAM HARDER

I will take a million "Santa Babys" over one "The Christmas Shoes" any day. "Christmas Shoes"makes me want to punch someone in the face.
It's an American song so I'm not sure but that's the one with the boy and the dead mom, right?

Checking Google: Yep it's the song.

Anyway I'm already out.

It's an American song so I'm not sure but that's the one with the boy and the dead mom, right?

Checking Google: Yep it's the song.

Anyway I'm already out.
At the risk of sending this thread to the politics forum, the Wikipedia article makes this look like a clear-cut case of beating someone over the head with the Jesus stick. Ugh.

Oh man, I might just make it this year. Work is mostly safe because we listen to more pop there. We do work the week of Xmas though and one of the managers might insist on Xmas music.

I haven't been at side job enough to know their stance. They usually have tv on while they work and so long as the delivery truck isn't on a bad station when I start it up I might just be okay.

I will admit, I have been tempting fate by randomly tuning in to the local Christmas Music Station here in the Valley. But, I do suspect that they may be "in" on the joke. (I hope.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Had a close call at Kroger today, they were playing contemporary christmas music on the PA! But I got out before I heard the song of doom.

I missed this was a thing here, but I'm in and it would be next to impossible for me to hear it without malicious intent. We don't even grocery shop anymore, instead do curbside pickup.

I missed this was a thing here, but I'm in and it would be next to impossible for me to hear it without malicious intent. We don't even grocery shop anymore, instead do curbside pickup.
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen this movie, coincidentally titled Last Christmas, starring the lovely Emilia Clarke and the lovelier Henry Golding? Here's the trailer. I doubt they'd put the Wham song in the trailer, right? That'd just be too on-the-nose, even for Hollywood. Right? Right?

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen this movie, coincidentally titled Last Christmas, starring the lovely Emilia Clarke and the lovelier Henry Golding? Here's the trailer. I doubt they'd put the Wham song in the trailer, right? That'd just be too on-the-nose, even for Hollywood. Right? Right?

In the words of Happy Gilmore "I know what you are doing and I don't like it". Thankfully

That trailer came out before the 1st.

Haven't clicked the video, but it's our the original? You'd expect this sort of movie to try and modernize what doesn't need modernizing.

Well, despite the extremely low chances of it happening, I was WHAMMED.

Wife and I were dropping the kiddo off at her grandparents' for the day. Started up the car and my All Ska-nadian Club Vol 2 CD started playing, which my wife is not a fan of. So I went to replace it with her Elvis Presley Christmas CD. But of course, when you take a CD out, the car reverts to FM Radio, which had been left on the all Christmas music radio station.

WHAM!

I'm out by my own hand. I've been avoiding the pop Christmas station on Spotify, but finally broke down after moving through all the others, including hip hop. As an aside, did you know Eazy-E had a Christmas song? It's just as gross as I would have expected of such a thing.

I'm out by my own hand. I've been avoiding the pop Christmas station on Spotify, but finally broke down after moving through all the others, including hip hop. As an aside, did you know Eazy-E had a Christmas song? It's just as gross as I would have expected of such a thing.
I've avoided it by putting the Spotify Pop Christmas Playlist on, but on my starting after Wham, and not putting it on shuffle. It's listed a the second song, so the only one I miss out on is All I want for Christmas. Which I like just fine, but it's not like I've never heard it

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm living dangerously. Been to restaurants twice this week for lunch playing christmas music, so far no Wham...

Just had a very close shave. I've been living somewhat dangerously, since my wife likes to have the 24/7 Christmas music channel on the TV throughout the day.
She left the house, TV was still on, I was in the sofa. Decide to... Watch another type of entertainment:pud: on my phone, turn off the TV volume.
A short while later, I go to turn up the volume again, but check the screen first.. Sure enough, Wham! But since the sound is still off, I'm still alive:D hurray for masturbation!

I know I'm already out, but I'd just like to note that I heard this song no fewer than three times today. Once on a bus and twice in a convenience store.

Given my transparent attempts to PK people, I wonder if this is some karmic whamma-retribution, where I ended up getting whammed thrice in one day.

I know I'm already out, but I'd just like to note that I heard this song no fewer than three times today. Once on a bus and twice in a convenience store.

Given my transparent attempts to PK people, I wonder if this is some karmic whamma-retribution, where I ended up getting whammed thrice in one day.
I'm surprised you haven't had to deal with this as well.
Code:
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

What's the maxim? That what you visit upon others will be returned to you threefold?

--Patrick