What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Look, I'm old. If it was made in the past 10 years, it's current music to me.

Ok that last one is more than a decade old, I don't care it's a classic.

Dave

Staff member
Which has now lead me to Michael Kiwanuka. I should be in bed but I'm just sitting at my computer listening to music that is new to me that is just amazingly good.

These are amazing, but what really sold it for me (even more than the Otomatone 4:33 cover) was this one:

Still wondering why they haven't done any Otometallica covers.

--Patrick

Haven’t heard anything from him for a while, and now I guess I know why. There’s a lot of laminating going on in there.

—Patrick

He's been doing that a lot more, adding "glue" to laminate disparate songs together. He does great work.
My single biggest concern with him is that he's going to end up in the milkshake duck thread someday.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
He's been doing that a lot more, adding "glue" to laminate disparate songs together. He does great work.
My single biggest concern with him is that he's going to end up in the milkshake duck thread someday.

--Patrick
Or pull a Joe Jeremiah and just burn out and vanish. But MDuckery would def be worse.

A couple of days ago, discovered this song exists:

How can a song written FIFTY YEARS AGO still sound like it was written about stuff that happened only yesterday? (This is a rhetorical question, BTW)

—Patrick

Someone at work suggested I listen to this because they absolutely love it.

(HARDY - "Truck Bed")

Ok I did. I probably won't do so again.
I didn't tell them that, of course. But I did tell them that the musical part of it strongly reminded me of this:

(New Order - "Blue Monday")

--Patrick

I'll admit for a long time I didn't really -get- Oliver Tree, his is a genre of music I don't typically listen to, but it's growing on me.

Alright, one more. This one is inspired by a marine, Jeff "Luce" Lucey, who committed suicide after returning from the Iraq war. It's pretty heavy.