What are you playing?

As far as my space shooters go, so far I rank them System Shock 2 > Dead Space > Quake 4 > Doom 3
Fixed

What am I playing? Assassin's Creed 2. Of course. Once I'm done, probably Metro 2033.

Thus why your post was fixed for you.

If you truly want to experience a quality game, try to get your hands on a copy of System Shock 2. There is a fantastic small game mod community that do plenty of high quality game scenarios (including new models, voices..etc) that give you about 3-4 games in one.

figmentPez

Staff member
I played nearly 5 hours of Ghostbusters yesterday. The controls are janky, the game bogs down my system (even with all graphics options turned down), the enemies are really cheap sometimes... and I'm having fun anyway. The writing is great and it's just fun to be a Ghostbuster.

Tried Civ 4 for the first time.

"Well, this is a bit confusing, huh, not sure if I'm doing this right, I'm such a newb at this.... what the hell, I've been playing for 7 hours already??"

G

Gothomo

I've been playing the Ocarina of Time for 64 for the past few days. I need to dig through my boxes and find Majora's Mask.

Just acquired AC3: Silent Line. Seems like a nice refinement of AC3 so far.
I honestly thought it was easier than the AC3, but it's not because the difficulty was lowered... it's because they got rid of a lot of the stupid, cheap shit in the missions. Arena is fun too, but once you get near the end of it, people start using OP- Intensity and shit gets real.

S

Soliloquy

Just finished up New Super Mario Bros. on the DS. Trying to get all of the star coins, now.

It's games like this that remind me why Mario is so popular. There's no other series of platforming games I know of that are so clever with the way they play with their gameplay elements.

R

Roxxoredizorz

Well, since Steam for Mac has come out, I've been engulfed by that.
So far I have bought TF2, CSS, Killing Floor, and got Portal for free.

I bought RDR (Red Dead Redemption) when it came out, and that was a nice treat. A great game, all in all.

I've been playing the L4D2 mutations every week, so that's a fun hour or two.

I decided last night that I also want to beat Final Fantasy XIII, but it's soooo long, luckily I have all summer to do so.

But I still need to buy a few games: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Super Street Fighter 4, Borderlands, and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Once I get those 4 I'll be a happy camper.

Started playing Darksiders but I have been distracted by several other games. First was Pokemon Soul Silver and now it is PoPoLoCrois.

I have a feeling I'm not going to finish Final Fantasy XIII. I just don't care enough.

Dream and I are playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and enjoying it a lot. Anti-Reg!

Playing through the Call of Duty games, also grabbed via Steam sales. All of them are awesome, except now that I've gotten to World at War, I keep BSODing. It's highly annoying.

I'd love to play some System Shock 2 coop with someone. Though, last I remember, no one here has the game anymore.

Playing Civ4.

It annoys me that, no matter how advanced your civilization gets, no one can figure out how to ship food from one city to another.

I used to play Master of Orion 2 (doesn't work on my new computer *shakes fist*) which has a really similar feel, and you could have "farm" planets where you produce the food your empire will need, and then use transports to move the food to other planets. In Civ4 you can have tanks and subs and nukes and spaceships, but no one thought of piling produce onto a truck and driving it a few miles down the road to the next city?

figmentPez

Staff member
I used to play Master of Orion 2 (doesn't work on my new computer *shakes fist*)
Use DOSBox to run the DOS version of the game. I've been told that's how serious fans of the game run it (and the fan-made patch is only for the DOS version). DOSBox is how Good Ol' Games gets the version they sell to run. Me, I've got the Windows version installed on my netbook right now, since it runs fine under WinXP. I don't think I've ever tried it on my Vista machine.

I've been thinking about trying DOSBox with it, but it looks awfully complicated. I'll probably get around to it eventually.

P

Papillon

Playing Civ4.

It annoys me that, no matter how advanced your civilization gets, no one can figure out how to ship food from one city to another.

I used to play Master of Orion 2 (doesn't work on my new computer *shakes fist*) which has a really similar feel, and you could have "farm" planets where you produce the food your empire will need, and then use transports to move the food to other planets. In Civ4 you can have tanks and subs and nukes and spaceships, but no one thought of piling produce onto a truck and driving it a few miles down the road to the next city?
You could in Civ 2. They removed them when they added luxury and strategic goods in Civ 3.

J

Jiarn

Bouncing around World of Warcraft, Dead Space, Golden Sun and Left 4 Dead 2.

I start work again on Monday though, so that's probably going to drop all the way down to WoW and Dead Space.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm finally playing Red Faction Guerrilla and it's a lot of fun. I think I'm roughly half-way through, but I'm not sure. My favorite missions so far have been the "collateral damage" ones, where you as a gunner for a nut-job name Jenkins. The best part is listening to this guy ramble about "free Mars" and all sort of lunatic stuff while he drives you around destroying EDF buildings. I think one of my favorite lines was something to the effect of "they're talking about terraforming Mars. No, you've got to keep Mars as it is! Take me, I taught myself to breathe carbon dioxide so I don't need terraforming!" Hilarious.

Stayed up too late playing Portal. Almost done. Unfortunately, it's almost guaranteed now that I won't be patient enough to wait four years to buy Portal 2.

W

Wyrminarrd

Recently started playing Disciples III. Initially I found the changes to the combat system to be bad but after a while it grew on me. My biggest gripe about the game would be the horrible writing, I can't help but think that all the narrative was originally written in russian and then translated into english without any thought for making it sound good in english.

R

Roxxoredizorz

Well my list for the summer (to beat) is: Starcraft, HL2: Episode 2, Final Fantasy III, and XIII.

Next week SC2 comes out, so I need to beat Brood War to finish the gorram campaign. I tried to beat a level tonight, and was doing fantastic, but I got ganked from the side that I thought wouldn't be gankable, so now I have to go back, and retry it.