What are you playing?

Wow! PoE looks so much nicer on PC and there is no comparison in the way it runs. Hopefully I can get back at least 12 challenges before league end.

For nostalgia's sake, I fired up Dragon Age: Origins again.

The controls and gameplay are a bit janky now, but it's still an engrossing experience. I'm gonna be a male human noble and bang the queen.

Also, I never realized how well-endowed all the female characters are in this game.

Vampyr

I'm not sure what got me in the mood to play this. I tried it once on Playstation Now when I briefly had that. For some reason, it didn't grab me. But I recently traded a Steam key for it.

And now I'm kinda digging it. Rather than feeding off the various NPCs for a ton of XP, I'm trying to do a no-kill run. Well, no kill run of named NPCs. It's open season on lesser, wild vampires and vampire hunters. I think there's a no-kill achievement, too.

My only criticism so far is it's a slog to get around town. No fast travel, even between hideouts, and no travel powers. It makes me want a vampire game with less limits. Let me turn into mist or a bat. Let me control wolves or something. Also, it bugs me that I can see my character's reflection in mirrors.

Still, while I'm frustrated at points about its difficulty, I'm still feeling pretty engaged overall.

Vampyr

I'm not sure what got me in the mood to play this. I tried it once on Playstation Now when I briefly had that. For some reason, it didn't grab me. But I recently traded a Steam key for it.

And now I'm kinda digging it. Rather than feeding off the various NPCs for a ton of XP, I'm trying to do a no-kill run. Well, no kill run of named NPCs. It's open season on lesser, wild vampires and vampire hunters. I think there's a no-kill achievement, too.

My only criticism so far is it's a slog to get around town. No fast travel, even between hideouts, and no travel powers. It makes me want a vampire game with less limits. Let me turn into mist or a bat. Let me control wolves or something. Also, it bugs me that I can see my character's reflection in mirrors.

Still, while I'm frustrated at points about its difficulty, I'm still feeling pretty engaged overall.
I've done the No Feed run of this. It's difficult, to be sure, as you'll go long stretches of the game without weapon upgrades because some of them are Feed Exclusive. You're going to get a lot of use out of Claws and Autophage early on, but once you get Shadow Veil it'll become less difficult to move around. I'll say this: there is NO shortage of enemies to feed off of for XP. With a bit of practice, you'll never feel too hindered by not feeding.

I've done the No Feed run of this. It's difficult, to be sure, as you'll go long stretches of the game without weapon upgrades because some of them are Feed Exclusive. You're going to get a lot of use out of Claws and Autophage early on, but once you get Shadow Veil it'll become less difficult to move around. I'll say this: there is NO shortage of enemies to feed off of for XP. With a bit of practice, you'll never feel too hindered by not feeding.
I noticed you also get experience from giving medicine and doing side tasks. Not MUCH compared to a big feeding, but still.

So far, I've found a lot of use in weapons that refill blood with each hit like an axe. And I've found guns absolutely useless since many enemies are immune to them.

Edit: Also, depending on how I feel about the game once I'm done, I might replay it and go on a big feeding spree. Still build up each NPC for maximum blood points, but definitely treat it like an open buffet.

Last edited:
I noticed you also get experience from giving medicine and doing side tasks. Not MUCH compared to a big feeding, but still.

So far, I've found a lot of use in weapons that refill blood with each hit like an axe. And I've found guns absolutely useless since many enemies are immune to them.

Edit: Also, depending on how I feel about the game once I'm done, I might replay it and go on a big feeding spree. Still build up each NPC for maximum blood points, but definitely treat it like an open buffet.
Guns are... kind of finiky to use? It's a lot like Bloodborne, where the point of the pistol and shotgun isn't to do damage but to stagger enemies that are guarding. If you manage to find the Pump Shotgun, converting it to Incendiary will make it EXTREMELY vicious against vampire enemies and converting ether of the Parabellums to Chemical makes it nasty against human enemies. But otherwise... yeah, stick to the stakes and truncheons.

Guns are... kind of finiky to use? It's a lot like Bloodborne, where the point of the pistol and shotgun isn't to do damage but to stagger enemies that are guarding. If you manage to find the Pump Shotgun, converting it to Incendiary will make it EXTREMELY vicious against vampire enemies and converting ether of the Parabellums to Chemical makes it nasty against human enemies. But otherwise... yeah, stick to the stakes and truncheons.
The last boss I encountered (we'll just say it was in the graveyard for no spoilers) that basically required guns to take it down. I died so many frigging times, too.

Things are going must faster now that I'm not lagging/crashing and having to repeat sections. I am already back at Act 7 and will hopefully be back to maps by the end of the week :)

I did crash once tonight...the whole server did though so I didn't feel as bad.

I was in the *&%$#!! labyrinth though so there may have been language hahaha.

Me: I like FPS games, but don't really like shooting real people in games. It just kind of squicks me out.
*Buys Wolfenstein pack*
Me: Except Nazis. Fuck those guys.

Parkitect: Basically Roller Coaster Tycoon but a lot easier difficulty wise. It's okay. The third roller coaster tycoon had a lot more fun little things you could do like moving animatronic props.
Parkitect is very pretty though.

Parkitect: Basically Roller Coaster Tycoon but a lot easier difficulty wise. It's okay. The third roller coaster tycoon had a lot more fun little things you could do like moving animatronic props.
Parkitect is very pretty though.
Parkitect is pretty much the RCT2 sequel, and Planet Coaster is the RCT3 sequel.

PoE has announced its new League: Heist ans there is now a counter on the main screen.

Counting down how many days I have left to try and kill the Heart of the Grove. I was less than 40 maps away on my PS, but it became unplayable. I don’t even have it planted yet lol. I am in maps though and about to move up to yellow ones.

This is the only achievement I care about as the rest I can finish with my character in standard when she gets moved. Harvest won’t be continued.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, in an act of BLATANT peasantry, certain people have been playing Fall Guys on console. There's no cross-platform play on this game, so instead, I simply must watch the streams and catalogue their failures.

Like this gem for Terrik...

And here are a few of Dei's shining moments.