What are you playing?

"I wanna listen to some music, but I don't just want to listen either, I want to do something at the same time... Ooh, I know, I'll fire up Audiosurf."

I said that to myself approximately four albums ago.

I played through DA:Orgins 3 times, currently on the forth. LOVED THAT SHIT.

I got through about maybe half of 2 before I got tired of going to the same cave.
I'm going through as a Dwarf Commoner Rogue. I'd picked up the ultimate edition a while ago and never got to play awakenings or witch hunt before.

Awakenings was probably the last proper Bioware DLC before they started performing shady business practices (though, Shadow Broker was a unique feat amongst dozens of horrible cash grab DLCs)

Awakenings was probably the last proper Bioware DLC before they started performing shady business practices (though, Shadow Broker was a unique feat amongst dozens of horrible cash grab DLCs)
Project Overlord was nothing short of brilliant, IMO.

Picked up Morrowind and Oblivion from the Steam sale. Now I have even less free time, but the games are awesome. Can't believe I'd never played any Elder Scrolls games aside from possibly 10 - 15 minutes of Morrowind on a friend's Xbox way back in the day until Skyrim came out.

Picked up Morrowind and Oblivion from the Steam sale. Now I have even less free time, but the games are awesome. Can't believe I'd never played any Elder Scrolls games aside from possibly 10 - 15 minutes of Morrowind on a friend's Xbox way back in the day until Skyrim came out.

I played daggerfall recently.

Had I played it back when it came out, it would have blown my mind

Bought the Thief package on the Steam sale, fired up Thief 1.

Man, nostalgia has really, really, REALLY colored my recollections of this game. It has NOT aged well.

Other than graphics what hasn't aged well in it?
Hmm... well, I actually can't answer that very well. I played through the first level and simply felt underwhelmed. Probably was the graphics mainly, but the rudimentary AI and the finicky controls didn't do the game any favors.

Sigh. I'll give it another shot sometime soon.

I just got Chrono Trigger on my phone and its awesome! The controls are going to take some getting used to but otherwise -awesome!!

I also was on the App Store and saw a Final Fantasy game for the iPad for free. I'll check it out soon.

fade

Staff member
My kids got me a Move controller and Just Dance 3 for Christmas.

I look like an idiot, but it's fun.

Been hopping between Skyrim, Grandia II and Dragon Age: Origins. Skyrim's an Orc Warrior-shaman (2h and Evocation focus, heavy armor and smithing), and DA is a Dwarf Commoner Warrior. I found a mod for DA that lets you respec your allies, so I can make Morrigan not as useless by dropping that God-awful Shapeshifter class.

I bought BioShock from Steam on the advice of friends. This was good advice. Running around the dystopian aftermath of an Ayn Rand novel shooting rage zombies is a ripping good time.

Assassin's Creed 3: The naval missions mini-game... I don't like it.

I love it.

After four games of flag-snatching, villa building, and assassin-placement tower defense, Ubisoft finally made a mini-game in an Assassin's Creed game that I enjoy. I'll actually have something on which to spend the ridiculous amounts of money they throw at you throughout the game.

Loving Final Fantasy Dimensions. Although I'm told that the music is annoying to those not playing.
My wife first hated the Final Fantasy XI music that would play as she was trying to sleep and I stayed up playing late. After I quit that game after about 2yrs, she would ask me to put it on as she was going to bed because it helped her sleep :rofl:

Played Far Cry 3 for a couple hours. Have realized this game is hours and hours of creeping through tall-grass looking for animals to murder so I can take their skins and use them to my advantage to murder other people.

:sohappy:

Playing Orcs Must Die after picking it up on sale on Steam. It needs a battle recorder that you can watch afterwards. I'm barely in Act 2 and there's already plenty of times I've had to focus my automated defenses on one front while personally watching the other, thus missing seeing my defenses burn, stab, and toss the orcs to their doom.

Currently playing:
WoW - About 6hrs a week for my legendary quests/episodic storyline quests and my LFR raids.
Secret World - Amazing MMO that's going to have me hooked for months at the very least. Amazing storylines, atmosphere and characters.
Borderlands 2 - Finally got the Season Pass and played through Torque's Badass Crater of Badassitude. Was. Not. Disappointed. Soon to try Lady's Scarlet's DLC.
Saints Row 3 - They changed.... alot from SR2 to SR3... not all of it for the best but it's still tons of mindless killing fun.

Prototype 2

I really enjoyed the first one and been waiting for a used copy of this to go down in price. It's by no means a top-quality game. There are better looking games out there that tell better stories, have better use of powers or travel, etc, and much more likeable characters. That said, the reason I love this series so much is for that pure cathartic release of cutting down dozens of soldiers, tanks, and choppers in seconds. It's just pure fun, like a big dumb action flick where you turn your brain off and watch the pretty explosions.

I have Sonic Mega Collection with all the original games on it and what-not, was never able to beat the first one. Not because I kept dying but because every time I missed a chaos emerald I restart the game. Frickin' Aspergers.