What are you playing?

No no... what you want to do is combine ANARACHY with the ability that lets missed shots ricochet into enemies...
Well yes, that's a given. I also like the ability to make everything around you explode when you reload, since I was using a 1 bullet magazine shotgun (with maxed reload time)

This is more of a "what are you NOT playing" but I've finally quit Ogame.

In case anyone doesn't know, Ogame is a browser based multiplayer space simulator, sort of like browser-based Master of Orion. Recently a much bigger player decided to make me his personal chew toy. Since I have no way of fighting back against his massive fleet, all I can do is sit there and take it. Since logging in every day and dealing with stuff has become a chore rather than a pleasure, I decided to delete my account.

Sucks to give up an account that I've been building for years, but really it's run its course.

Really hope this helps them. The Secret World is the most ambitious MMO I've seen in a long time and they've put a lot of talent and effort into the game.

Playing Sleeping Dogs.

Up until yesterday, when it patched a rather larger amount, at least that's what I think Steam was doing, I was getting perfect performance. Everything maxed with the high def textures. It looked spectacular. Now after that patch yesterday, or whatever it is Steam did, my performance has suffered greatly and it's crash hungry now. Really lame.

Otherwise I dig the game, outside of some fucking wonky storytelling...something these open world games all seem to share. Hey Wei, remember this character your friends with and have an apparent relationship with? No, I fucking don't. Well apparently you're buddies and like each other. Have a story mission with them.

This is Emma Stone, you're going to take her picture 3 times and then bang her offscreen. She will never be heard from again.

The worst thing to happen to this beloved saga were these terrible DW games. What are those really? Metal Popsicles or someone's mother's dildos?

The worst thing to happen to this beloved saga were these terrible DW games. What are those really? Metal Popsicles or someone's mother's dildos?
Those "terrible DW games" are the only reason Koei is still in existence. They literally pay for everything else they'd rather be doing, like the Romance of Three Kingdoms 4X games (which, I agree, are MUCH better).

Actually, those things are known as bien 鞭, and are one of the oldest and simplest weapons in Chinese history, basically metal rods used to whack people with. Highly effective in the hands of trained users though.

Interestingly, the word bien used to refer to the metal staves you see in the picture. Later someone invented a variant of it, which was several shorter metal rods joined together, making a whip. Nowadays the character 鞭 is commonly taken to mean whip, but it originally meant metal whacking sticks.

The game classifies his weapon as an iron whip, also. Sadly in the later ones they made him spear/polearm user number 7963278648723.
He had rods in the last one I played, but then again everyone could use multiple weapons in Dynasty Warriors 7. Twin rods are actually one of the better weapons.

They didn't even bother to import ROTK 12 anyways, which I will ensure you, sucked balls compared to 11. I just wish they'd make another one much like ROTK 8 with more RP elements.

I've been enjoying the 2010 TV series at work though... it's not as awesome as the one done many years ago but the cinematics are pretty awesome and whoever is playing Cao Cao is fantastic... though Cao Cao in the old one was fantastic as well.... don't like the new Liu Bei tho.... they made him far too pompous and honorable to my taste.

I probably go through 3 games a years with ROTK 11. I just wish Koei would make an even better officer driver game like in ROTK 7 and 8.

I realized, with great sadness, that I haven't actually completed playing the Uncharted series. (I noticed that I'm starting to live vicariously through my husbands game playing, but no more!). So, I re-started those and it's still pretty fantastic. I don't know why I ever stopped because these games are pretty fabulous to me.

Anywho, carry on about Dynasty Warriors.

I made a mistake and snagged a copy of the old Railroad Tycoon Deluxe from an abandonware site, whilst awaiting the completion of my rig upgrade.

Then it was 3 in the morning.

I made a mistake and snagged a copy of the old Railroad Tycoon Deluxe from an abandonware site, whilst awaiting the completion of my rig upgrade.

Then it was 3 in the morning.
My sympathies, I have that problem too. Civ is just as bad, but those old 'Tycoon' games... those go back a long way for me.

The intro music is one of those perennially-infested tunes that I will whistle or hum when nothing's going on. It also highlighted my inner train nerd that I didn't even know I had. Sid Meier does it again!

I was terrible with the Tycoon games, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, I just used it to make a huge park and then kill everyone by making the coasters go off rail. (I blame my older brother for this, he used to do that too..). And then there was Zoo Tycoon, which I would also use to make a huge park and then let all the animals loose.

The older I get the more I worried about myself as a child.

Saints Row the Third, bitches! (because that seems the appropriate end to that sentence, given the game) After some hassle with drivers I finally got it to work so now I'm blowing up stuff left and right from my badass motorcycle.

If anybody else wants to do some co-op action, let me know.

L.A. Noire: I don't know why, but I'm just not having fun with this the second time through. It feels like a pointless slog, and I hate that because my wife and I had so much fun with it when it came out. I guess the mysteries are really only great once. Last time it felt like we were doing our damnedest, this time it just feels like we're ensuring we get the right answers. Disappointing.

Back to Skyrim. Today's exploits: my Orc warrior went mowing through more Forsworn brats, trying to get farther from Falkreath. Across from a Forsworn-infested fortress, found a bandit hideout being attacked from within by Falmer. Dug them out of their cave, only to be blamed for killing the bandits when their chief return and blame me. On the brighter and less bloody side, I finally found an Orc stronghold, paid off some lady warrior's dowry so she could travel with me and see the world, punched the chieftain in the face, and then ... killing more Forsworn.