What are you playing?

Fucking L O L

This bug existed in the original game. The spectre gear is super high level and so the vendor system of cycling stuff close to your level will cause the stock to be replaced with lower level items once you leave the area after it's loaded. It wouldn't come back until you hit level 50 and that level gear could spawn again.

This bug was never fixed in the original game, I doubt it'll get fixed here.

Oh shit, did they fix ME1 Garrus's texture? Because I remember having to actually mod the game to have his skin texture be anything but the lowest res possible.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Thanks to the Xbox Game Pass, it also gives me access to EA Play, which currently offers (among other games) Fallen Order. I've always been curious to play this, but not enough to want to buy it (maybe if it came up on Humble Bundle Monthly).

It's a mish mash of a lot of other games and doesn't really bring anything new to the table. BUT it borrows all those other elements so well that it's hard to complain. The lightsaber never gets old to use (and I like how they use it as a flashlight at times). The exploration is a lot of fun, especially as you unlock more abilities. And as the story went on, I found myself more and more engaged. Someone, I think Yahtzee, said the main character doesn't have a personality, but I don't think that's true. Cal isn't a particularly deep character, but he has this young, tenderness to him that you don't often see. Especially for some animals he encounters. And he has a playful relationship with his droid, BD-8.

I wasn't crazy about the blatant fan service at the tail end. But aside from that, I found I really enjoyed this.

A few more thoughts on the fan service:

While Vader's brief appearance is absolutely badass, almost like something out of a horror movie, he really has no place in the story. He has no direct meaning or connection to anyone involved. In fact, Cal has no idea who he is. WE know his importance, and Cal's mentor does, but he honestly kind of nullifies any emotional point of the ending, especially with the inquisitor. If anything, he's kind of a deus ex machina because he comes out of nowhere, without any build up or mention before, and is so god-tier that he wrecks everyone's shit. Sure, I was still freaking out as he HELD BACK THE OCEAN ITSELF while the heroes escaped, but narratively, he doesn't really have a place in the story.

GasBandit

Staff member
Celt Z, Emrys, and I are playing Stardew Valley, and this is the earliest I've ever seen a giant crop in the game. Year one, spring 16. We didn't even use fertilizer!

1621733516114.png

Finished Wolfenstein: The New Collosus and loved it. While I was really into the story so far, Deadly Premonition 2 is boring AF, so I've drifted from that. Now I'm looking for something engaging, but also relaxing (less shooty shooty, more chill exploration with a story). Unfortunately, I did some quick math and I only have 476 FUCKING GAMES AVAILABLE ON MY COMPUTER. I know I claim every giveaway, but good lord that's a lot of content to sift through.

Finished Wolfenstein: The New Collosus and loved it. While I was really into the story so far, Deadly Premonition 2 is boring AF, so I've drifted from that. Now I'm looking for something engaging, but also relaxing (less shooty shooty, more chill exploration with a story). Unfortunately, I did some quick math and I only have 476 FUCKING GAMES AVAILABLE ON MY COMPUTER. I know I claim every giveaway, but good lord that's a lot of content to sift through.
If you want a deep but laid back story experience and you like pen and paper rpgs, check out Disco Elysium. It's fucking great.

I'm holding out for the Switch version, and it's killing me. I've heard so much about this one that sounds like my jam.
I hope the switch release is less buggy than the ps4 version was. I played it on PC, which was perfect, but I've heard the console releases needed a lot of patching

Conan Exiles
Or maybe about an hour of it. And it's just honestly a dull crafting/survival game. I couldn't get into it at all.
I really, really enjoyed building and climbing the tech tree, but the gameplay has a very obvious bias towards PvPvP or Clan v. Clan, and very little to reward the PvE player.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I have finally attained the tier 7 hoverpack in Satisfactory.

And it is glorious. I thought the jetpack was good, but this is so much better.

So I've fallen back into FF14 HARD. Best part is they've added electric guitar for bard performances, so you can do stuff like this:

(note: I'm sorry about that slight hiss in the background. It's running water background noise in the game that I didn't realize was there until I'd already recorded)

GasBandit

Staff member
So I've fallen back into FF14 HARD. Best part is they've added electric guitar for bard performances, so you can do stuff like this:

(note: I'm sorry about that slight hiss in the background. It's running water background noise in the game that I didn't realize was there until I'd already recorded)
Now play the Twinning!

I tried Stardew Valley on the Switch sometime ago and I had a hard time reading the print and it just didn’t click for me.

Steam keeps suggesting it, so I grabbed it and it’s super fun. Except fishing. WTF. Am I missing something?

I tried Stardew Valley on the Switch sometime ago and I had a hard time reading the print and it just didn’t click for me.

Steam keeps suggesting it, so I grabbed it and it’s super fun. Except fishing. WTF. Am I missing something?
Click and hold to move the green bar up.

I was doing that and it was bleak. I found a training rod at the fishing store so I used it and fished up garbage at my farm until I leveled up and will continue to do so until it’s better. Maybe it’s the issues with my hand or I’m just super stunned with the mini game lol.

I was doing that and it was bleak. I found a training rod at the fishing store so I used it and fished up garbage at my farm until I leveled up and will continue to do so until it’s better. Maybe it’s the issues with my hand or I’m just super stunned with the mini game lol.
The bar does get bigger and the fish get slower as you level, unless they are rare fish.

You can also get special bobbers that make it easier to fish up stuff too, after awhile.

Really, Winter is a great time for focusing on Fishing and Foraging. I find the fish to be pretty easy too.

GasBandit

Staff member
The tackle only works on the iridium rod, though.

One thing that is important to note is that you have to keep the fish OVERLAPPING the green bar, not "on top" of it as seen from the side view. Some people I tried to teach about fishing got confused about that.

Destroy All Humans - It's exactly what it says on the box, and I'm enjoying every juvenile minute of it. One note: the cutscenes are buggy at the beginning, with the sound off track. No other issues that I've run into thus far.

Once you get used to it, I don't think it's that bad in early game. Have I mentioned I own Stardew Valley on 3 different systems? :(
Oh I love the game, and even fishing eventually, but the first bit before you level a little is maddening.