Whats for Dinner?

So, the oldest son, given the choice of "stew or bratwurst" said bratwurst. But then I told him "well, ethically, I should tell you, it's heart stew" and he went "heart stew? Like...cow hearts?" and I nodded. He said "cool!" and ate a big bowl. heh.

Calli ate a bowl and liked it. But she can't get over the fact that it's hearts yet. She was making faces and I was giving her the "rah rah" cheer the entire time.

But even with all her complaining, she tilted the bowl and scooped out all the stew juice and ate it. ;)

C

Chazwozel

Fried chicken and corn bread with chow-chow.

What food you got?

I said SOOOOOOOOOOOULLLL FOOOOD

W

Wasabi Poptart

"Amnesia Chicken" (my own name for it since I always forget the 3 ingredients for the marinade and my husband always forgets he's tried this before) with mashed potatoes and salad or maybe green beans.

Turkey with honey mustard and monterey jack toasted on some sough dough. It was worth the more expensive bread!

W

Wasabi Poptart

Tuna steaks with broccoli slaw and jasmine rice. It's the second time I've ever made tuna steaks. I'm not sure I'll make them again. Meh.

It sounds so crazy. Tuna. Steak. It's like putting together words that scream out in distaste simply for being put next to each other.

The most fuck-off awesome sandwich ever: Sourdough baguette with horseradish cheddar, roast beef, Italian dry salami, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, olives, pickles, mushrooms, spicy brown mustard, vinegar and oregano.

This thing is two feet long. MORE than enough to get me through 'til 0500. Om nom nom...

W

Wasabi Poptart

Tuna steaks with broccoli slaw and jasmine rice. It's the second time I've ever made tuna steaks. I'm not sure I'll make them again. Meh.
did you eat them ultra-rare? Tuna steaks taste like ass if more than about 1/8 of the outside is cooked.

NO, yuck!

YES, yummy!
[/QUOTE]

That probably is the problem. I've grilled it both times and waited until it was flaky which meant it was completely cooked through. I'm ruining good Ahi tuna!

Scrambled some eggs, threw in some week-old leftover grounded taco beef & shredded cheese, had me a breakfast burrito. It was delicious.

My previous awesomewich was a kaiser roll, with spicy brown mustard on one side, avacado slices, smoked turkey, swiss cheese, sliced tomato, romaine lettuce, and three rashers of crispy bacon. Good for you? No. Tasty? Yes sir.

A proper Awesomewich is an Onion Bagel, topped with shaved turkey, pepperjack cheese, a scrambled egg, and breakfast sausage links.

North_Ranger

Staff member
North Ranger's quick sandwich:
- two slices of graham toast (toasting optional)
- some lettuce
- two slices of cream cheese
- cold cuts (preferably chicken or salted veal)
- slice of tomato
- light mayo.

Yummy.

W

Wasabi Poptart

turkey with mayo and pesto mixed together, lettuce, tomato, and mozzarella on a kaiser roll

North_Ranger

Staff member
Kaiser roll... why do I get the mental image of a uniformed German with a spikey helmet and a bitching 'stache rolling down the hill?

Must draw that at some point.

figmentPez

Staff member
Chili served over spaghetti squash. Mmmm, so tasty. This was my first time eating spaghetti squash, and man is it a neat food.

My doctor has me on an elimination diet to try and improve my health. No wheat, corn, rice or grains in general. No potatoes or beans. No fruits that are high in sugar (i.e. tomatoes and peppers are fine, but no apples, berries, etc.). I haven't fully gone on the diet yet, but it is not going to be easy. Finding that I like spaghetti squash is a big step towards being able to drop all the food that could be irritating my gut.

This was also my first time making chili completely from scratch, and without beans. Normally I used some pre-made salsa as a base, but this time I chopped up peppers myself (and had burning fingers afterwards, even using a rubber glove to chop the seranno). I added in carrots to take the place of the beans, and that worked really well. It was really good chili. Fresh ingredients can make a huge difference.