Whats for Dinner?

North_Ranger

Staff member
I have been under the weather for a few days now, running a slight temperature and overall being a little fluish. Still have to push through, though... Next week's fall break, which means paid vacation for this substitute teacher, yay! Also, can't really eat too well, as I lack the apetite due to the flu. So, I made me some beef soup two days ago. Three carrots, five potatoes, a pound or so of ground beef, a touch of soy sauce, a sprinkling of paprika and some water, and I have something that's warm, nourishing, easy on the stomach and lasts for a good while. I'm still eating it, and I'm only half-way through the kettle. Yummy.

I made tiny steak sandwiches. Sort of, anyway.

Rump steak, mushrooms and onions in a balsamic/red wine reduction served on home-made foccacia bread. I basically wanted an excuse to make my own bread without a breadmaker and it turned out pretty fantastic, although I was disappointed how quick it turned from nice and crunchy to little-less-nice and chewy. It was still good, but fresh out of the oven (the day before, with scrambled eggs and bacon) it was awesome.

R

rabbitgod

Bistec sandwiches on bolillo rolls with chipotle tomatillo salsa. there was a side of beans, but who care with that sandwich in your hands.

This belongs in the "ghetto dinner" thread, but it's closed due to inactivity.

Hobo sacks

Seasoned ground beef patty topped with a slice of onion, dill seasoned potatoes, and mushrooms. Add a dash of olive oil. Wrap up like chocolate kisses and bake at 375 for 60-75 minutes. Be sure to put a pan underneath in case some leak!

Yum!

That can be as hobo as it wants and I'd still eat 3 bags of them.

I just received a HUGE island style gas grill... FOR FREE!

So far I've cooked up some artisan sausage, corn on the cob and a couple of pizzas on it. It has a small tray for wood chips so I can give my pizzas a smokey flavor.

I was supposed to have a bunch of friends over last Sunday for Houston Texans football. But we all stayed up till 3am celebrating my friends B-Day. So I've been living all week on the potential leftovers, because everyone was too hung over to make it to my house.

Cajungal

Staff member
Made me some "Sickly Soup." When I can't taste anything anyway, and I just need something nutritious and warm, I make this lazy dish.

Boil broth with some Sriracha and other herbs and throw in a handful of asian noodles. Halfway through the noodles boiling, I toss in some onion, mushroom, and cabbage to get it a little tender. Then I add more hot sauce and say "ahhhhhh" a lot. ^_^

M

makare

Holy crap guys! I made fried rice in my dorm room and it doesnt taste awful! No I haven't eaten anything but a bowl of popcorn all day so I might just be too hungry to know if it is good or not but I really think it is alright.

yay me.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mom wanted Ground Pat'i for her birthday. It's a great burger place here... but only if you go to the old location, not the new one that looks like a damn Chili's. Got a tuna steak burger with onion rings. Soooooooo good.

I had a double down from KFC today. Probably not going to again. Not because of how it was gross or anything but because all it is is a chicken breast cut in half with a little bacon and cheese and some slightly spicy mayo in the middle. That's not 7 dollars worth of food assholes.