Whats for Dinner?

So in Taiwan companies usually have a year-end banquet (that, confusingly, usually takes place in January or February).

Due to le corona virus, our banquet this year, which was due to take place tomorrow in a swanky hotel, was canceled. So instead our company treated us to a swanky lunchbox from that particular hotel today for lunch. Apparently this thing costs approximately 30 USD. It was delicious.

35704.jpg

Do people actually use the lunar calendar or do they run their lives according to Gregorian other for specific holidays that revolve around the lunar one?

Nowadays the Gregorian calendar is used for virtually everything, but older generations would use the lunar calendar more in everyday life. For example, my grandparents would remember and celebrate their lunar birthdays, but not their Gregorian ones.

Sunday
Swapped out mixing flour for whole wheat, added yeast to water first and let sassafras overnight in fridge, and today.
I've got a beginner's bread book, and have been making loaves like this for the last couple weeks now. About to move on to a more complicated chapter.

Beer bread as in the yeast is from the brewing of the beer or that bear replaces the water?

I like simple bread. Stuff I can make at the campsite. I have my eye on some cast iron Dutch ovens for both home and camp. Cause fresh bread at camp is awesome.

Beer bread as in the yeast is from the brewing of the beer or that bear replaces the water?

I like simple bread. Stuff I can make at the campsite. I have my eye on some cast iron Dutch ovens for both home and camp. Cause fresh bread at camp is awesome.
I seem to recall the recipe being cheese, onion, beer, flour, salt, and baking powder. It's a non yeast bread. And it's delicious.

I wanna make this... teach me your method :)
Set the air fryer to 400 and let it pre-heat.
Butter two slices of bread. I like Wonder bread for my grilled cheese because it and the cheese melt in the middle.
Get your cheese ready.
Once the air fryer is ready, spray with a bit of PAM
Put the sandwich together buttered sides out. Flip it about 3-4 minutes in. Check often on the first one as air fryers vary.

You are welcome to borrow the huge copper one at home any time. I would go bananas if it went camping though!

Set the air fryer to 400 and let it pre-heat.
Butter two slices of bread. I like Wonder bread for my grilled cheese because it and the cheese melt in the middle.
Get your cheese ready.
Once the air fryer is ready, spray with a bit of PAM
Put the sandwich together buttered sides out. Flip it about 3-4 minutes in. Check often on the first one as air fryers vary.
That's what I was gonna do, essentially..but I didn't know if there was a special trick for the air fryer :) I'll let you know how I make out with it.

I like to put the grill rack in to get the grill marks. Not needed, but I like the marks lol.
Post automatically merged:

Wasn't even thinking of them!
Does no one thinks of the bears!?

lol! Our son does...I’m sick and have been woken up off and on over a snow day with a bonk to the head with one of those bears.

I wanted to make a batch of AB's baked beans over my weekend, but I no longer have a dutch oven. And I'm not currently inclined to spend $60 to replace it, even though I have the money.

So then I was thinking of a take-out steak lunch tomorrow. But for the same money, I could get a pizza that would last me the whole weekend.

#firstworldproblems